News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Paco's brother: Pixy

Started by PH, Thu, 2008-03-06, 16:02:05

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Hello everybody! :)

Today my little brother showed me a game he made himself (with the help of two others) for a project in Highschool.
The game is called 'Pixy'.
It's still a beta version, but it shows how my brother makes progress.

You can download the game here:
Pixy

It's just 480 KB small.

Unfortunately, you need VisualBoy Advance to play it.
But you can download this Gameboy emulator here:
VisualBoy Advance (395 KB)

Now some screenshots:

These are the controls:
Whenever asked to push the 'A' button, you need to push 'Z'.
And 'B' is 'X' on your keyboard.

The arrow keys are of course to move Pixy.
The 'start button' is 'Enter'. When you press 'Enter' in game, the game will pause.
And 'select button' is 'Backspace'.

This might look difficult at first, but keep in mind that this game was actually designed for the GameBoy Advance! And I have seen it working on a real GBA! ;D

The gameplay is quite simple: Move Pixy to the exit, but don't forget to take the diamonds! You need all diamonds to complete the level. Sometimes there is a locked door. You need to open it with a key, so you need to get the key first. And there are crates that you have to push and walls that suddenly appear, etc etc.

It would be REALLY appreciated if you download this game and play it for a while. Just a couple of minutes. And then come back and tell me if you like it! :)
Then I can give my brother some feedback!

Oh, and watch out for the monsters! ;)

-Paco

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

Good work that! tell him he has done well.