News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Dukas

Started by Dukas, Sat, 2007-01-13, 22:16:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukas

I mostly enjoy symphonic music, wether it's symphonic rock or filmmusic (but there are exceptions of course).

Marillion
Genesis
Arena
Pendragon
Dead Can Dance
Steve Roach
Massive Attack
Arena
Nits
Mike Oldfield
John Williams
Jerry Goldsmith
Arena
John Barry
Alex North
Arena
Hans Zimmer

By the way: did I mention Arena?

PH

Aaahhhhh another filmsoundtrack fan! ;D

I really LOVE Hans Zimmer's music!
Also Harry Gregson-Williams (who is some sort of "student" of Zimmer) is very good! I've got his soundtrack of Shrek (which he did along with John Powell) and of the videogame Metal Gear Solid 3.
But all other "Zimmerian" artists like Klaus Badelt, Nick Glennie-Smith.
And of course John Williams is a master.

Music can make or break a movie.

And furthermore, your list is one of a true Arena-fan! ;)

Peter

LOL, very nice, Dukas. Lots of Arena in there. Very good.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2007-01-13, 23:38:05
LOL, very nice, Dukas. Lots of Arena in there. Very good.

I suppose that's not too much of a suprise really. Welcome, pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

Dukas

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-01-13, 23:35:09
Aaahhhhh another filmsoundtrack fan! ;D

I really LOVE Hans Zimmer's music!
Also Harry Gregson-Williams (who is some sort of "student" of Zimmer) is very good! I've got his soundtrack of Shrek (which he did along with John Powell) and of the videogame Metal Gear Solid 3.
But all other "Zimmerian" artists like Klaus Badelt, Nick Glennie-Smith.
And of course John Williams is a master.
Gregson-Williams still has a lot to learn IMO. Everyone seems to like his score for Pirates of the Carribean, but I've never liked it much.
Zimmer is the true master; I think his score for The Da Vinci Code was the best soundtrack of last year (although the score for Perfume is also very good). Actually one track of it (Chavealier de Sangreal) is the most beautiful and stirring piece of instrumental music I've ever heard. It always gives me the mental equivalent of an orgasm... (That may sound dirty, but it's not like that at all; actually it's a beautiful experience).