News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Bupie

Started by Bupie, Mon, 2006-11-06, 10:47:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Well, PH, since you're living in Holland, and not in Utah or e.g. Afghanistan, you only need one woman, so you can care f.a. about the rest.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-05-11, 15:27:25

Touché: In English, French is written with a capital F, just like i.a. Sunday, July, when used specifically.

??? You learned me something, thanks  ... but you coud have taken your time a little since in France (and in fr... French) we have a proverb that says : "la vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid".  ;D

Now why does the administrator not interven to close this thread, anyway  ??? :D

Nicky007

I think he's too busy laughing.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-05-11, 17:37:25
I think he's too busy laughing.

Nicky.
LOL, that's a possibility.

My listening profile topic is also very long (two pages if I remember correctly), but it isn't filled with nonsense. ;) ;D
I still think we should open a new topic and post more in there or else Peter's gonna kick some French asses (and one Dutch ass too). :-\

Nicky007

> or else Peter's gonna kick some French asses

Since when has my ass been French?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2007-05-12, 10:19:08
> or else Peter's gonna kick some French asses

Since when has my ass been French?

Nicky.

Ahh sorry man, you were discussing like a Frenchman! ;)

Nicky007

Remember, PH, that this is Bupie's thread. We should show him some honor and respect. Like: the French are good at .............hm.............ahem.............OK, here it is: at being good at things. Wow, what a compliment!

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2007-05-12, 13:29:10
Remember, PH, that this is Bupie's thread. We should show him some honor and respect. Like: the French are good at .............hm.............ahem.............OK, here it is: at being good at things. Wow, what a compliment!

Nicky.

Nicky, you should let a Danish girl make the compliment : I am sure she knows what French are good at ...  ;D

PH

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2007-05-14, 10:05:17
Nicky, you should let a Danish girl make the compliment : I am sure she knows what French are good at ...  ;D

Ooooooo tricky! :D
Hahaha

I'm leaving this conversation to you two now!

Nicky007

Yes, that was a good one, Bupie. Very subtle. I laughed a lot right now.

Do you know whether there are any more Frenchies in the Room?

It seems to be dominated by marsh monsters (Urban Dictionary: a bird that looks far to ugly for words to describe! or Dutchman).

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Bupie, let's get serious again (now that PH is out of the game, youth!): It would actually interest me to hear your impression of which prog groups and albums one listens to in France, and if there are any regional differences within France.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-05-15, 13:10:00
Bupie, let's get serious again (now that PH is out of the game, youth!): It would actually interest me to hear your impression of which prog groups and albums one listens to in France, and if there are any regional differences within France.

Nicky.

Frankly, this is too much to ask  ???  I am pretty sure that Dream Theater has a lot of fans and sells a good amount of copies. Some prog metal bands like symphony X or Opeth certainly find an audience among the metal fans but, for instance, a band like Evergrey fails to gather more than 200 people at their gigs, even in Paris, so ...

Apart from that exception, I think that there is a tiny but faithful fanbase for "classic" neo-prog bands like Marillion, IQ, Pendragon or Arena but it doesn't mean a lot of sales IMHO.

Concerning regional differences, I have not a single idea. I would say that, from what I have noticed, metal (and so, supposedly, prog metal) is more popular in rural areas and small towns whereas symphonic or neo prog is more praised in big cities. But this is a remark based on personal experience, not on scientific statistics ...

By the way, Nicky, no offense but you should integrate the quote factor to your posts : it helps to the readibility of discussions, sometimes  :-[

Nicky007

Bups, how about updating your LP ?  I think you got more to your musical CV than the ten groups you'v mentiond in your first post in this thread  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Hey, Nicky, thanks, I had fun re-reading this thread. I didn't even remember mentioning my real first name here  :)

About the LP thing, of course it would need an update but I had seen it more as a way to introduce myself than as an attempt for a -by nature impossible- exhaustive list. But I will add some "perfect" albums that I discovered those last five years and there are quite numerous, thanks to the Room and other websites  *horns*

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2011-03-01, 11:39:22
But I will add some "perfect" albums that I discovered those last five years

Lookin forward to it, Bups  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2011-03-05, 13:01:26
Lookin forward to it, Bups  8)

Still lookin forward to it, Bupie  ;)

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2011-03-01, 11:39:22
Hey, Nicky, thanks, I had fun re-reading this thread.

Yeah, Bups, you sure got the funniest LP thread in the Room  ;D

Also Paxi was in topshape here  :)

I didn't even remember mentioning my real first name here.

You didnt, you mentioned it in a pm to me  ;)

That's 007 for you, gets it all out  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Hum I re-re-read the thread and I think that I could apologize for a few of my statements  :P Anyway, about yout last question, Nicky, as soon as I get fired from my job, I promise to start writing a loooong list ...

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2012-01-23, 21:35:06
Hum I re-re-read the thread and I think that I could apologize for a few of my statements  :P

Then I'd have to too; I'd never get done  ;D

as soon as I get fired from my job, I promise to start writing a loooong list ...

Think I'l tell some stories to your boss .....  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can