News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ahiru's short list

Started by ahiru, Thu, 2012-02-09, 11:38:40

Previous topic - Next topic

ahiru

Hello! Here's my short list - I tried to pick the best album of each artist of my choice, in my opinion.

Arena - The Visitor
Ayreon - The Dream Sequencer
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side
Bruce Dickinson - Balls To Picasso
Dark Tranquillity - Projector
Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
Enya - Watermark
Evereve - Stormbirds
The Gathering - Souvenirs
In Flames - Colony
Neal Morse - ?
Paradise Lost - One Second
Theater Of Tragedy - Aégis
Vision Divine - The Perfect Machine
Within Temptation - Mother Earth

Those are pretty much essential, not really in any particular order, but who would know, Arena got 1st place in the list anyways  ::)
Yep, I like Enya too. And some other nonsense stuff (like Philip Glass, old Björk stuff, Massive Attack, etc)

And there are a lot more, but depends on my mood (like Nevermore or Tristania when I'm mostly angry and depressed) and time of the year (like Vince Guaraldi's 'A Charlie Brown's Christmas' is a must "leave playing in the house during December" thingy).

Since I should change my list should my taste change, here's what I've been listening to at the moment in this particular order:

Arena - Seventh Degree Of Separation (Recently bought it, and enjoying it quite a lot... while playing Skyrim  *horns*)
The other Arena albums - which I shuffle with SDoS while working
Theatre Of Tragedy - Forever Is The World (driving home from my girlfriend's)
Blind Guardian - A Twist in The Myth (another Skyrim essential soundtrack alongside all Blind's albums)