News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Cardiacs

Started by Cardiacs, Thu, 2009-09-10, 22:18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardiacs

Hello, I'm an omnivore as regards music but not such a great devourer of progressive rock. So I'm going to list some all time favourites & what I'm mostly listening to at the moment. My username of course will tell you that I'm more of a Pronk than a Prog listener, as well as new wave, Prog Rock, old proggy hard rock, metal, folk, and of course ska, reggae & Two Tone   ;)

Kate Bush
Cardiacs ( & related spin offs)
Madness
The Stranglers
Squeeze
Genesis
Black Sabbath
Detektivbyrån
Iron Maiden
Fever Ray
Hammerfall
Morrissey
Bob Marley
The Specials
Jethro Tull
Neil Young
Elvis Costello
The Chieftains
Within Temptation
Sleepy People
Poisoned Electrick Head
Uriah Heep
Stars in Battledress
Pink Floyd
Sidi Bou Said
Deathstars

For starters... ;)

Bupie

Welcome Cardiacs  :)

A very diverse and interesting list indeed !

Manatee

Welcome!

Lots of good stuff listed there, including a lot of the non-prog (which some of the rest of us have been known to indulge in too).

You started the list with Kate Bush, so you automatically get me and Steve Jönes on your side.   ;)
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

PH

Welcome!
Very interesting list!

A teacher of mine was very into the Cardiacs, he even lent me a cd once. 'Twas very interesting music, but my progressive music listening abilities weren't that much progressed at that time. Should try it now. :)

I'm looking forward to discussions. I'm sure you'll like it here, it's a friendly place! ;)

-Paco

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-09-10, 23:54:18
You started the list with Kate Bush, so you automatically get me and Steve Jönes on your side.   ;)

;D ;D ;D

And welcome...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

And how about Arena, Cardiacs ? - a reasonable question considering that the Room is formally an Arena discussion forum  ;)

Welcome, Cardiacs (even if you haven't heard about or don't like Arena. We'll make sure that changes during your stay)  :)

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-09-10, 23:54:18

I know, she's W's sister  ;D

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2009-09-10, 23:59:02
I'm sure you'll like it here, it's a friendly place! ;)

Got a lotta buggers too  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Iggy

Welcome from me too.

Quite an eclectic list.

The Butterfly Man

Of course I can't stay behind, so welcome and enjoy your stay!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Cardiacs

Thanks for the welcome guys n gals. 

And Arena isn't on the list because I took it for granted that being on an Arena forum everyone would know that I'm a HUUUGGGE Arena fan.  I've got everything they've released on CD. In fact I listened to every studio album just yesterday, which was what made me search for a fans' forum in fact. And Arena is one of the few bands whose albums I've bought as they've been released, from the first one onwards.

Kate Bush number one, absolutely. Even ahead of Cardiacs. I think that  The Kick Inside is the best pop album ever made. It has always been No. 1 on my list of best albums.

maddox

Well, hello there, Cardiacs.

Welcome to The Room.  ;)
I'm sure you'll have a good time in here.

That's a very nice list you got there.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: Cardiacs on Fri, 2009-09-11, 16:05:17
Arena is one of the few bands whose albums I've bought as they've been released, from the first one onwards.

*horns* Cardiacs

I can't boast that: I only started listenin to Arena a coupl'o years ago, had never heard about'm before (I live in Denmark, where the ether is expropriated by r'n'b and Madonna stuff); but then it didnt need much listenin to get totally gripped  8)

Re Kate Bush, I liked her b!, no I mean I was swept away by Wuthering Heights and her wonderful dancing, but else she hasnt impressed much in my book  :-\

From your list, Floyd, Genesis, and Tull are pantheon with me  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

johninblack

Draco chimera

Welcome to the Room, Cardiacs !
I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  :)
Let your conscience decide !

Nicky007

Got curious:

Wiki (Cardiacs, my bold): "Cardiacs are an English Alternative Rock and Psychedelic Pop band formed in 1976. The band's broad combination of styles is sometimes referred to as Pronk (progressive punk), although group leader Tim Smith prefers the description "Psychedelic" or simply "Pop". Their music is underpinned by Smith's unique singing and songwriting styles, and his poetically cryptic, philosophical and abstract lyrics. Fans and critics have described Cardiacs' sound as complex, varied, intense and entirely unique, with the music magazine Organ commenting that "one Cardiacs song contains enough ideas for most other band's entire careers"."

Hm, sounds interesting !

Strange that I'v never heard about'm before meeting you, Mr. Eponymous.

Guess I'l have to check'm up .....

How do you experience their music, Cardiacs ?

You don't seem to have any progmetal bands in your "For starters"  ???

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can