News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

ASWAS

Started by aswas, Sun, 2009-07-26, 05:14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

aswas

I will keep it under 50 for now, and will lump them all together with the number of cds per group. Maybe the wrong way to do it.

Dream Theater - all the cd's and dvds
Yes- All of the  cd's and dvds
Rick Wakeman- 42 cds and all of the dvds - a few compilations also
Arena- 3 cds and 2 dvds
Genesis- all the studio cds and dvds
Tony Banks- all of his cds
Jordan Rudess- all of his cds
LTE both cds
Banco 2 cds
PFM 6 cds and 1 dvd
Camel-1 Compilation
Kansas 6 cds
Marillion 2 cds 1 dvd
Fish 1cd and 1 dvd
Transatlantic- all the cds and dvds
Neal Morse- all cds, and dvds
Neal Morse-Inner Circle- all cds and dvds
Dominici Trilogy - 2 of the 3 cds
OSI-all of them
Steve Hackett-all cds and dvds
Nick Magnus- 1 cd
IQ 4 cds 1 dvd
Ajalon- both cds
Randy George-1 cd
Symphony X 3 cds
Opeth- 4 cds and 1 dvd(wild for a 55 year old huh)?
Jean M. Jarre- 11cds and 1 dvd
Glass Hammer- all cds and dvds
John Wetton -2cds
Spocks Beard - all cds and dvds
Starcastle - 5 cds
Oliver Wakeman - 3cds 1dvd
Adam Wakeman  - 1cd
Kamelot 2cds
Sattelite 1cd
Jon Anderson 5 cds 1dvd
Jon/Vangelis all cds
Alot of old space music
Alan Parsons 7cds
Beatles - all of them Savage Young Beatles on Vinyl
Therion 1 cd
ELP all cd and dvds
Nightwish - All cds and dvds
Aryeon - 4 cds
Chris Squire - Fish Out of Water
Esquire-both cds
Conspiracy - both cds
Flower Kings- 4 cds and 2 dvds
Tomas Bodin- all solo cds (4)
Pink Floyd- all cds 2 dvds                           Uriah Heep 6 cds   Well, this is a good start

don't fly... too close to the sun

Steve Jones

Quote from: aswas on Sun, 2009-07-26, 05:14:47
Opeth- 4 cds and 1 dvd(wild for a 55 year old huh)?

;D

Personally I couldn't have faced 50 without them ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

aswas

good point. Just heard and  started their collection 6 months ago. They were a great find for me. Should have picked up on them a long time ago. Hey, at least it wasn't too late. Thanks Steve

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2009-07-26, 08:55:22
Personally I couldn't have faced 50 without them ;)

I crossed 50 without ever having heard of'm, but today I feel I would have missed something great in life had I not heard their music  *horns*

8) collection, Aswas  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

aswas

I agree with you. Music has always filled a void, and it indeed makes life more enjoyable, and tolerable.. But it is more than that. It is a part of my being,, which needs to fed daily and nightly. Yeah I'm weird. Did you ever have the right words not come out? Today is my day

Nicky007

I get the message, Aswas, and agree 100%  :)

And I'm just as weird as you are to my surroundings  ::)

That's why it's great to have the Room, where it's the outsiders who are weird  :o

We shouldnt worry about our wording here in the Room, among friends.

Fortunately there's an edit facility. If I feel that I somehow formulated something deficiently, I return to the post and edit.

And actually this is a pretty good practicing ground. I get things right faster now than in my tender tyro days in the Room  ;D

Now I'd like your (and/or other Roomies') comments on (initially) the following groups that I don't know (well):  LTE, Banco, PFM, Camel, Ajalon  ;)

Looks like our posts crossed each other, Aswas  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: aswas on Mon, 2009-07-27, 23:55:55
I agree with you. Music has always filled a void, and it indeed makes life more enjoyable, and tolerable.. But it is more than that. It is a part of my being,, which needs to fed daily and nightly. Yeah I'm weird. Did you ever have the right words not come out? Today is my day

Great to read that! I think we can all agree on this! :)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-07-28, 11:56:43
Now I'd like your (and/or other Roomies') comments on (initially) the following groups that I don't know (well):  LTE, Banco, PFM, Camel, Ajalon  ;)

Tsk tsk tsk...
LTE (Liquid Tension Experiment) has some guys in it from a very familiar Prog Metal band you should know. Quite interesting music, I also have both cds and overall it's very demanding music.

Banco (Del Mutuo Soccorso) is a nice Italian band, same with PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi). Excellent old 70s prog from our Italian friends!

Camel. ::) Well... you should REALLY (and I mean REALLY) listen to "The Snow Goose". It's amazing!

Ajalon is a Christian progressive rock band. Basically it's Randy George (Neal Morse's bass player) his band. Sounds a bit like Neal Morse's music, but I think Neal Morse does it better. ;)

Nicky007

Thanks, Paxi  :)

Yeah, you confirm my impression that I'l like LTE and Camel, in different ways, of course, as they're very different  8)

Ajalon and Banco are probably not my thing. Till now I havent heard one track by an Italian band that has gripped me in any way. (Strangely, John Petrucci and Steve Vai of obvious Italian heritages are among my musical heroes)  :-\

And while I find Neal's lyrics intriguing and I like his singing, there are only few passages in his solo production that grip me musically. In fact, I find Spock's post-Neal albums musically far more exciting than the albums from his time in the band  :-\

I would still like to hear Aswas' takes on these groups  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

aswas

He pretty much nailed it LTE, is a extension of Dream Theater, instrumental and yes they show their stuff. They are so talented, and work together so well. They can read each others moods, feelings etc. There is LTE 1 and LTE2. They are a must get if you are DT fans.  I like the old prog rock in the 70's with the old analog synths and melletrons. PFM fits in that category, but most of the cd's are sung in Italian. The 1st 4 cds recorded are awesome and then they tailed off. Ajalon's leader is Randy George, who plays bass on all the Neal Morse prog cds. He is also the bass player for the Yes tribute band Parallels. Rick Wakeman used his record label to get them started, and played on 2 songs.  Ajalon is a Christian band. The music quality is pretty good. Banco has recorded many Italian cd's, and is sung in Italian, with many prog off beats. Camel is just an older band and was one of the first bands to use electronic and analog keyboards. I could go on and on, but I hope this answers some  of the questions. My list of 50, just like everyone else's could have been a list of 100.