News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Another Keyboard Poll

Started by Xanxtuary, Wed, 2005-02-23, 21:47:34

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your computer keyboard like?

Basic grey or white
5 (23.8%)
Grey or white with extra internet buttons on
3 (14.3%)
Way out funky colour
1 (4.8%)
Wireless keyboard
3 (14.3%)
Over the top with loads of unnecessary extra buttons
2 (9.5%)
Cool sophisticated black one
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Xanxtuary

OK, another keyboard-related poll, this time about what your computer keyboard looks like.  I'm somewhat of a keyboard fanatic, and I get fed up having ordinary grey or white keyboards.  I did have a translucent blue one, but it got bashed to pieces when I let a certain relative of mine use my computer ... ditto my funky purple one ... ditto my cool black one!  Now I have an aluminium keyboard, which is really flat, just the way I like them!  No unnecessary buttons, standard QWERTY key layout.
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Appelmoes??

The black one (That totaly doesn't fit with my screen  ;D)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

I still use the ultra-stable Compaq server keyboard that is no longer available from about 6 years ago. Love it.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Moonloop

Boring, boring grey one which needs a really good clean.  :(
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Mark Jan

I've got a cool black one, so don't play with me fellaz!!  :D :P

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Wed, 2005-02-23, 21:47:34
Now I have an aluminium keyboard,
So when your relative tries to smash your keyboard again, you can smash him/her with your keyboard? :o ;)

My drawings on MySpace

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-02-24, 18:44:11
So when your relative tries to smash your keyboard again, you can smash him/her with your keyboard? :o ;)

Hmmm ... interesting idea!  Said relative doesn't mean to wreck my keyboards,  but isn't a trained typist and has a very heavy one-finger action, which manages to chip the letters off the keys (not a problem for me as I touch type) and make the keys very loose and wobbly.

I'm very fussy about my keyboards, don't like them getting dirty, etc. 

I have this vision now of said relative laying on floor looking dazed, with the imprint of the keys on forehead!  :o

Appelmoes??

;D

Everybody will call him 'qwerty' for a couple of weeks....

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

Cool black stylish one with many practical buttons, wireless of course, and with bluetooth, so I can write and send SMS without touching the mobile phone. Can't live without it. It wouldn't do. :D

jeffMc

And to think I thought I could talk about my Korg Triton... :(

Lol

OK, plain white Mac Wireless keyboard. (I can set it up on the synth rack to use shortcuts in Logic ;) )

marcello

I like polls, this one is quite good!  :P
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

Bouge

I voted the unnecessary button one, but I'll be damned if I know what a quarter of them do.
I'm not overly fond of that frog. A 12-Gauge Shotgun springs to mind.

gelert

I bought a wireless one, but it doesn't work...

It's got a long flexible aerial, but no place to put the battery.

So I do all of my typing on my mobile, and then text it to my ISP. I then download it as an email, right-mouse click copy-and-paste, and then send it here....simple.

BTW, I started work on this post last week....where does all of the time go, eh...?

Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Peter

Quote from: gelert on Sun, 2005-07-17, 14:36:32

It's got a long flexible aerial, but no place to put the battery.

So I do all of my typing on my mobile, and then text it to my ISP. I then download it as an email, right-mouse click copy-and-paste, and then send it here....simple.

BTW, I started work on this post last week....where does all of the time go, eh...?

Maybe you should have asked someone who is literate about keyboards and puters and all that stuff.... :P

gelert

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2005-07-17, 14:42:02
Maybe you should have asked someone who is literate about keyboards and puters and all that stuff.... :P

Well, the shop-assistant that sold me the wireless-keyboard, explained that the aerial was also the internal-lithium-battery charger, and that I should plug it into the special purple-coloured charging port on the back of my 'pooter. But then he went on to talk about PS2 connections, and I realised that it didn't apply to my situation, as I haven't got a Sony PlayStation.
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Peter

Quote from: gelert on Sun, 2005-07-17, 14:59:57he went on to talk about PS2 connections, and I realised that it didn't apply to my situation, as I haven't got a Sony PlayStation.

Hardehar :D

Xanxtuary

Quote from: gelert on Sun, 2005-07-17, 14:36:32

I had one of those, actually my Dad gave it to me because he couldn't get on with it.  I thought hey a shiny new keyboard that someone hasn't bashed the letters off the keys!  I joyously inserted the batteries and installed the drivers from the CD rom, but the dmn thing kept cutting out on me!

So I treated myself to yet another new keyboard (the shiny aluminium one aforesaid) and the wireless one is languishing in Cupboard 101 (the junk cupboard in our place)

Peter

These two here must actually be the coolest keyboards ever:

1) Does your keyboard layout annoy you? Then change it:
http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

2) Geek keyboard
http://www.daskeyboard.com/

:D

gelert

hjdfo etweweu hg ejk nfms wuwuy dsds nfdsdkfjks weoivnbwei....

<re-boot>

It's fantastic...now I can get software that makes my keyboard drunk as well...  ;D

kmorse

I like DasKeyboard. Nice engineering. Could I get one with letters on the keys, though?
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

johninblack

I have a cool black keyboard, but I wondered if the word 'DELL' on it stopped it being cool?

gelert

Quote from: johninblack on Tue, 2005-08-23, 18:46:30
I have a cool black keyboard, but I wondered if the word 'DELL' on it stopped it being cool?

Replace the "D" with an "H", and it'll be "Well Hot"...

...erm...can something be "Well Hot" and "Cool" at the same time....?

Or is this one-of-those "Well Bad" means "Good" questions...?

Xanxtuary

Xanxa has a sad tale to tell ... keyboard related of course  :(

I went to use my computer this morning, after me and Hogweed had been away for a few days visiting relatives.  When I started up my beloved computer, the screen told me "No keyboard found".  I thought it was simply due to the keyboard cable becoming detached from the back of the computer, but on further inspection, I found that the pins on the connector had gotten bent and twisted.  No more sci-fi silver polished aluminium keyboard.  :(

I have hooked up the translucent blue one for the moment, and it's serving me well enough.  But I have this compelling urge to go out to the shops and hunt for a new "to die for" keyboard.  If I can get a replacement for the aluminium one, I will but otherwise, I will try to find something cool and radical.  Maybe even surf the net to find one.

I know all this makes me sound a very sad person but for a typist it is important to have a keyboard that gives me the feel good factor and looks cool as well.

keyboardistmatt

My trusty laptop keyboard!

Nice. ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt