News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Doctor Who

Started by PH, Thu, 2008-07-10, 11:42:28

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-04-14, 00:08:18
They should make Rowan Atkinson the next Doctor.  Then we could have Black Adder the Timelord.  I loved the Black Adder.  He needs to quit that silly Bean stuff and do more of them.

Didn't he already quit the Bean stuff?
(Although I must confess, I really liked "Mr Bean On Holiday". ;D)

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-04-14, 11:28:16

I must confess I've always found Mr Bean as funny as a gunman in a school, but then I've never been much for the slapstick style of humour.  On the other hand, for me Blackadder (first series excepted) is one of the funniest things in the history of the world ;D

Going back to the Dr Who special, I watched it a second time and still didn't much like it.  IMO, most of the proper series are ten times better *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-04-14, 11:28:16

It's quite possible.  I think we get the British stuff when it's at least a few years old.  Similarly, you'll note that they aren't still filming new episodes of the Waltons here.  ;D

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2009-04-14, 12:16:06
I must confess I've always found Mr Bean as funny as a gunman in a school, but then I've never been much for the slapstick style of humour.  On the other hand, for me Blackadder (first series excepted) is one of the funniest things in the history of the world ;D

I agree on both counts, although I enjoyed the first series too, particularly the parts with the turnips.  I'll admit, though, it was somewhat harder to follow than the rest of them.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Iggy

After having missed the entire 'new' Doctor Who I recorded the Doctor Who day last Saturday.

They are very watchable.

Draco chimera

I watched Doctor Who on BBC 3 at the hotel in London on Tuesday. It was about robots and took place in London, but I didn't understand the story, as it was already begun since a long time, and I didn't really know a lot of things about it. What is it exactly about? Parallel worlds?
Let your conscience decide !

Steve Jones

Quote from: Draco chimera on Fri, 2009-04-24, 12:32:38
I watched Doctor Who on BBC 3 at the hotel in London on Tuesday. It was about robots and took place in London, but I didn't understand the story, as it was already begun since a long time, and I didn't really know a lot of things about it. What is it exactly about? Parallel worlds?

Not sure, but it sounds like it could be the one with the Cybermen in, and humans being processed into Cybermen inside Battersea Power Station, ie the building featured on the cover of Pink Floyd's Animals.  I'm a bit rusty in the plot, but I think there was some kind of parallel universe in that one.  There normally is ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Draco chimera

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-04-24, 12:37:31
Not sure, but it sounds like it could be the one with the Cybermen in, and humans being processed into Cybermen inside Battersea Power Station, ie the building featured on the cover of Pink Floyd's Animals.  I'm a bit rusty in the plot, but I think there was some kind of parallel universe in that one.  There normally is ;)
That's it ! But what about the goal of Doctor Who? Who (ahah) is he and who (again) are his ennemies?
Let your conscience decide !

Steve Jones

Quote from: Draco chimera on Fri, 2009-04-24, 12:39:27
That's it ! Bu what about the goal of Doctor Who? Who (ahah) is he and who (again) are his ennemies?

Sounds like you need a crash course in the Doctor - it's far too complicated to cover here.  If you've not already seen it, check out the official BBC site at http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ and then Google for some of the many fan sites.  As the series has been running for many decades your question isn't easy to answer! 8)
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Take a look at the Doctor Who wikipedia also.
That's where I started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who

kmorse

"Primeval" has just made it over here on the SciFi network. It's entertaining but some of the characters talk like they've got a mouthful of haggis.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

funkster

New Dr Who episode , the waters of mars , to air a week on sunday

Looks a proper scary one as well !!!

Matt Smith takes over soon as well and i am really looking forward to the last few Tennat episodes and then the new series

Cardiacs

Sophie Aldred was my object of desire as Ace, sidekick to Sylvester McCoy's Doctor. 

maddox

Quote from: kmorse on Tue, 2009-05-05, 20:03:52
"Primeval" has just made it over here on the SciFi network. It's entertaining but some of the characters talk like they've got a mouthful of haggis.

Funny.
Funkster ressurected this thread and i see Kmorse talking about Primeval.
It's funny because the Dutch/European version of SciFi network has started to broadcast it.
Haven't seen it yet though.  :D

funkster

Waters of Mars was excellent  *horns*

Best Dr Who episode since for an age

Roll on Christmas specials

funkster

Well the DT and RTS eras ended last night  :'(

But , the Dr is dead , long live the Dr  ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/newyear/

funkster

Not long to go now  ;D

Series 6 + Xmas special confirmed :

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/doc ... eries.html

Interview with Matt Smith (may include spoilers) :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8575480.stm

funkster

funkster

Me again  ;) , new series starts this saturday at 18.20 on BBC1 so i will be glued to the sofa with my 2 boys drinking it all in

If you are watching then enjoy

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2010-03-29, 16:34:44
Me again  ;) , new series starts this saturday at 18.20 on BBC1 so i will be glued to the sofa with my 2 boys drinking it all in

If you are watching then enjoy

If I'm right, it's on the telly over here as well.
On SyFy channel, but I doubt they broadcast the latest series.

Dr. Who is Neil Tennant, right?

It's not a bad serie though the old Dr. Who was quite better in my opinion.

funkster

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2010-03-29, 17:18:47
If I'm right, it's on the telly over here as well.
On SyFy channel, but I doubt they broadcast the latest series.

Dr. Who is Neil Tennant, right?

It's not a bad serie though the old Dr. Who was quite better in my opinion.

It was DAVID Tennant , the other fella is a Pet Shop Boy  :D

The newest Dr is Matt Smith and if you see the links on my posts above it will give you a peak at him

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2010-03-29, 17:40:52
It was DAVID Tennant , the other fella is a Pet Shop Boy  :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welll at least I got one part of his name right.  ;)
That counts for something.  :D

funkster

Now about halfway through the new series and overall it is very good and Matt Smith as the Doctor is excellent

PH

Just want to say that I've seen the fifth series and thought it was pretty good.
I'm still in "getting used to the Matt Smith Doctor"-phase, but it seems like he's doing fine!
Personally I thought some of the episodes were very poor, especially the last two episodes.
They were confusing, not funny and boring. This left me disappointed.
Stories like second series' "Doomsday" or the three-parter "Utopia"/"The Sound Of Drums"/"Last Of The Time Lords" and also "The End Of Time" were much and much better as a closure.

But there were also some outstanding moments like in the two-parter "The Time Of Angels" and "Flesh And Stone". Also, I think "The Hungry Earth" and "Cold Blood" were very enjoyable. Brilliant stories. Same goes for "Vincent And The Doctor". Great acting too.

Since I see Steven Moffat as a more than qualified writer, I'd like to see where this will go.

--Paco--

funkster

The Christmas special passed me by as i was constructing toys  ;) but the clips of the new series look interesting.