News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena on vinyl

Started by Moonloop, Wed, 2005-01-26, 08:50:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

Could have stuck this post in a number of places, but decided on here  ;D

Basically, the "Pepper's Ghost" artwork and packaging is superb but ultimately gets lost due to the small size of CDs, nothing Arena can do about that & all bands have the same problem but if ever a release was a contender to have a vinyl pressing, this is it....

Full colour gatefold sleeve, lyrics on the inside and the comic as an insert  ;D go for it guys, you know it makes sense..!!

I agree the economics behind it are probably prohibitive but if pre-orders were taken over (say) a 2 month period then you would know exactly how many to produce.

Would certainly be a nice collectible for the fans.....
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Peter

Maybe there's a chance of getting the 'Contagion' storyline and also the Pepper's Ghost comic in a A4 printed version at the concerts? I'd buy one (hint, hint, Clive) !!!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Clive

I agree with the whole 'small artwork' thing, but I can't honestly see Arena producing a vinyl version of anything at the moment.
However, the idea of making an A4 size programme which features larger versions of the comic strips (with some new stories maybe), as well as other '10 year anniversary' stuff might well be worth a try....

Moonloop

Quote from: Clive on Wed, 2005-01-26, 18:30:22
I agree with the whole 'small artwork' thing, but I can't honestly see Arena producing a vinyl version of anything at the moment.

That's fair enough Clive, you know the financial economics of the business far more that I do (I know absolutely nothing btw  ;) ). As a point of interest though, one of Porcupine Tree's spin-off projects "IEM" produced a double vinyl pressing of one of their albums which was limited to 300 copies and which sold out within days - so, there IS a market out there..!!

;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Light

How about a vinyl-sized stiff-cover version of the CD booklet with a few extra pages, plus a place to clip your CD on top of a fake printed vinyl record background on the inner back cover, and vinyl "scratch-n-sniff" panel at the bottom for the full experience?

Light

...or is that weird?   ???

Peter

Quote from: Light on Thu, 2005-01-27, 13:19:04
hehe, it IS :)

Well, the idea itself isn't that bad, except for that I don't want to spend like 95€ on such a booklet, mate ;)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Clive

Actually, that isn't a bad idea.... I've seen some stuff like that before, but the problem is still the same.... budget. There are always other things we have to spend our money on... like Ian's Ninja weaponry.  :)

Light

You could have plastic or rubber poseable toy action figures, each complete with personal weapon, for selling at gigs or over the web, or for as special "prizes".  That would rule, like 1980s He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Light

BrianG

Quote from: Clive on Fri, 2005-01-28, 09:05:22
. There are always other things we have to spend our money on... like Ian's Ninja weaponry.  :)

Well, Clive, I guess you'll just have to sort that Ian out ;)

Light

I really like the action figures idea, though.  I had a dream about it last night.  I think it could be a winner.

Clive

OK.... so now all we need is a company that can design and make them for an amazingly good price...  :)

Oliver Twist

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2005-01-31, 19:07:05
OK.... so now all we need is a company that can design and make them for an amazingly good price...  :)

How about enamelled badges? It would be easier to collect a set of them (and cheaper) and we have someone to make them in our midst.

The Slipperman is superb  :)

Ian
web.mac.com/ianmoff  - iChat/AIM: ianmoff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do your ears a favour - www.radioparadise.com

Draddi

Quote from: Light on Mon, 2005-01-31, 18:36:24
I really like the action figures idea, though. I had a dream about it last night. I think it could be a winner.
Light, I really don't think that it's a good sign, that you dream about He-Man like rubber Action figures of the guys  ;D
great assist, I had to use it..no offense Light
Besides that, cool merchandising ideas.

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2005-01-31, 19:07:05
OK.... so now all we need is a company that can design and make them for an amazingly good price... :)
I don't want to get on anyone's nerves with the whole China thing, but if you seriously considering all the ideas and the only problem is the budget, then do a pre-ordering on the web, (maybe through the forum here or the-cage) and get it done here in China. They produce everything and everything dirt cheap (well maybe except for the He-Man thing hehe !). Again, I can offer assistance...... :)

Think about it....

Herben

Hello Arena

About Arena on Vinyl, I heard that there is a factory in the Netherlands that still produces vinyl records, I also heard that they are very busy! Maybe this is a solution to get Arena on a vinyl record.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land