News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Bands you hate

Started by Lordi_monsterman, Fri, 2005-09-16, 17:44:22

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

You mentioned Slipknot and Marilyn Manson, but I'd like to add Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne to the total.
That guy is really 'not clever'. A high Aleister Crowly quality. (Which is, in fact, no quality at all...) I've seen a 3 hour documentary about that freak.

Vanderwoude

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2005-10-05, 17:10:00
You mentioned Slipknot and Marilyn Manson, but I'd like to add Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne to the total.
That guy is really 'not clever'. A high Aleister Crowly quality. (Which is, in fact, no quality at all...) I've seen a 3 hour documentary about that freak.

Who? Osbourne ore Crowly? or both.
About Osbourne: that guy isn't really dangerous anymore. He looked like a complete fool in his tv series, and nobody takes him seriously anymore. I don't know much about Crowly, that doesn't mean he isn't dangerous, because maybe he's got much influence on others. Maybe I should watch that documentary  :-\
''I'm a million times removed, from the socially closed world.''
I can imagine, that wouldn't be too nice.

Teunis

Not especially a band, but I hate rapping, like Ali B. Look at TMF or MTV and most of the time you see this crap. It's not singing, but TALKING and I HATE IT!. But it seems to be popular. They earn their money easier than I do :D. In 10 years you don't hear this pulp anymore, prog wil live forever!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Wilford Jr.

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2005-10-05, 18:36:16
Not especially a band, but I hate rapping, like Ali B. Look at TMF or MTV and most of the time you see this crap. It's not singing, but TALKING and I HATE IT!. But it seems to be popular. They earn their money easier than I do :D. In 10 years you don't hear this pulp anymore, prog wil live forever!

I have to agree.  I don't like rap very much but it does seem to be popular.  I wonder if the majority of people actually listen to what is being said, or they just buy it because it is what all the "cool" people are listening to nowadays.
No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

Vanderwoude

I like rapmusic from some artist, for example Kanye West, (with influences from other styles, which I like) but I have to agree, that the lyrics usually are crap. (There are songs with interesting lyrics though). And rap artist tend to act in a popular way, they try to be 'players' or 'pimps' and stuff, and that is what I hate the most.

Spad

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2005-10-05, 17:10:00

... no, no, no... I'm sorry but I don't agree at all.  ;)  As I told in another post about Neal Morse and his christian-prog-rock, I don't care about what an artist sing in his songs and even less I care about what he's doing in his private life..... The only thing that cares for me is music! Just music!

So I really love mastepiece like Diary Of A Madman or Paranoid without whose, I think, contemporary rock would not be what it is!! At the same way I love other side of lyrics as Morse's Testimony or One.....

But maybe, in this post, we're taking about "hate" against bands in general, besides the musical aspect...... in this case, I apology.... anyone is, of course, free to think and say anything about Ozzy..... but if we're taking about music, I think we have to take care about what Ozzy & co. gave to the music world in the last 3 decades....  :D  :D

Bye.
Spad.

Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

Vanderwoude

For me lyrics aren't holy to, I do enjoy them sometimes, though, but I listen often to music with simple lyrics. But I don't like to listen to music which is rude in anyway. I believe some music can do damage to certain people and I don't want to help in spreading it, and I don't want to pay for it.

PH

Quote from: Spad on Wed, 2005-10-05, 18:53:37

... no, no, no... I'm sorry but I don't agree at all.  ;)  As I told in another post about Neal Morse and his christian-prog-rock, I don't care about what an artist sing in his songs and even less I care about what he's doing in his private life..... The only thing that cares for me is music! Just music!

So I really love mastepiece like Diary Of A Madman or Paranoid without whose, I think, contemporary rock would not be what it is!! At the same way I love other side of lyrics as Morse's Testimony or One.....

But maybe, in this post, we're taking about "hate" against bands in general, besides the musical aspect...... in this case, I apology.... anyone is, of course, free to think and say anything about Ozzy..... but if we're taking about music, I think we have to take care about what Ozzy & co. gave to the music world in the last 3 decades....  :D  :D

Bye.
Spad.

There are differences in what people sing.
If an artist sings about having sex with animals for example, I don't want to listen to that. If the music is really cool, but the lyrics are really bad, I won't listen to it. For me, music is often related with the lyrics.

I know Ozzy's background and therefore I won't listen to his music, 'cos in his lyrics he shows us bad things.
I know Neil's background and in his lyrics he doesn't show us bad things, so I can listen to it.

And that's got nothing to do with the fact that I'm a Christian, I know people who aren't religious but still don't like that sort of music.

Oh and about the rap.
rap=crap
In my opinion. ;D

It's the easiest way of music.
And I think Progrock is the difficult way of music, therefore I like it. Somebody has done something for it.

Example: When Pink Floyd was touring, their performances costed more money than the proceeds could come up with. They cared for their music. Rappers often don't even know what their last song was about.

Wilford Jr.

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2005-10-05, 19:19:02
There are differences in what people sing.
If an artist sings about having sex with animals for example, I don't want to listen to that. If the music is really cool, but the lyrics are really bad, I won't listen to it. For me, music is often related with the lyrics.

I agree with that!  While there is a lot of excellent instrumental prog music, for me th elyrics are VERY important.  I don't want to deal with lyrics that are too negative or feed into hatred of other groups, religions, etc.

Oh and about the rap.
rap=crap
In my opinion. ;D

It's the easiest way of music.
And I think Progrock is the difficult way of music, therefore I like it. Somebody has done something for it.

I have to agree with this also :)
No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2005-10-05, 19:19:02
I know Ozzy's background and therefore I won't listen to his music, 'cos in his lyrics he shows us bad things.

And that would be that same with ANY music genre, whatever the genre, will it not?

The bad things may just be telling the story... :)

...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2005-10-05, 22:15:44
And that would be that same with ANY music genre, whatever the genre, will it not?

The bad things may just be telling the story... :)

yup

Emilia

I won't give you any specific names..cos the list is too long heeee  ;D
but all that play stuff like RAP, HIP-HOP, house, techno, and such do not exist for me as musicians, anyone dares to call THAT music after all????
Emilia.
My spirit is weeping, For freedom it cries, Been scraping my living In the valley of lies. Gonna ride the night to the morning sun. Resurrection is a gonna come.

PH

Quote from: Emilia on Thu, 2005-10-06, 10:04:57anyone dares to call THAT music after all????
Emilia.

You just answered your own question... ;D

Appelmoes??

It's music, but very, very unoriginal music.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Emilia

that's very very... original answer  ;D
E.
My spirit is weeping, For freedom it cries, Been scraping my living In the valley of lies. Gonna ride the night to the morning sun. Resurrection is a gonna come.

Appelmoes??

Now I could say something about your reply :P
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Emilia

Guess, this would be a big compliment....  ;) cos mine was.

Vanderwoude

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-10-06, 12:27:11
It's music, but very, very unoriginal music.

Yes, I think that's the problem with most of todays popular music, maybe nice to listen to ('but not for too long') but definitely unoriginal.

Higgins III

Attention seekers >:( Obnoxious

Again i don't know weather i spelt that right.
...wot does the rest of the alphabet equal?

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Emilia on Thu, 2005-10-06, 10:04:57
I won't give you any specific names..cos the list is too long heeee  ;D
but all that play stuff like RAP, HIP-HOP, house, techno, and such do not exist for me as musicians, anyone dares to call THAT music after all????
Emilia.

I've looked into this sort of thing before for myself.  In fairness, there are people from the various genres you have listed there who actually are musicians.  This applies especially to the DJ culture.  True, many of these DJ's spend much of their time behind a set of 'decks', but these people can play instruments, and write music.  Paul Oakenfold, for instance writes film scores, and 'Fatboy Slim' used to play bass in the 80's combo 'The Housemartins'.

I guess I'm trying to say, maybe you should check these things out for yourself before you start jumping to conclusions... ;)

Just a thought. :)

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2005-10-09, 19:04:00
I've looked into this sort of thing before for myself.  In fairness, there are people from the various genres you have listed there who actually are musicians.  This applies especially to the DJ culture.  True, many of these DJ's spend much of their time behind a set of 'decks', but these people can play instruments, and write music.  Paul Oakenfold, for instance writes film scores, and 'Fatboy Slim' used to play bass in the 80's combo 'The Housemartins'.

I guess I'm trying to say, maybe you should check these things out for yourself before you start jumping to conclusions... ;)

Just a thought. :)

Could be, but the music they make (DJ) is not really music, it's mixing.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2005-10-09, 19:06:57
Could be, but the music they make (DJ) is not really music, it's mixing.

Yeah, but the music they are mixing has to come from somewhere... :)

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2005-10-09, 19:22:34
Yeah, but the music they are mixing has to come from somewhere... :)
Existing music. Plagiarism with a twist.

Vanderwoude

Why so negative about DJs? There really is dance/trance music which contains most elementes, you say, come from 'good music.' I can feel the same emotions in trance as I do with good prog. rock. The difference is that DJs make their music with decks and computer. And yes, I believe that there are DJs who put their music together in a short period. But there are also enough who put loads of time in it. I admit that a DJ on a party is really not nescesarry though. They only put different tracks together. And often they are showing off the rest of the time.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2005-10-09, 19:39:30
Existing music. Plagiarism with a twist.

Not at all!  They spend just as much time writing and arranging original music, which is then pressed onto vinyl which is what they mix with.