News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Favourite Arena Vocalist

Started by Constable Hogweed, Sun, 2005-03-20, 21:37:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Favourite Arena Vocalist

John Carson
2 (4.2%)
Paul Wrightson
11 (22.9%)
Rob Sowden
35 (72.9%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Peter

Quote from: intruder on Sun, 2006-12-03, 12:01:29
Without a shred of a doubt, it as to be Rob Snowden. Because he as individual vocals, unlike the other 2, who were really just fish imitators. Robs ability to sing the earlier songs is tremdous, and well executed on both of the Arena DVD's. A really good example of Rob's capability is the acoustic version of Fridays Dream on the Smoke and Mirrors DVD. He sings it very well, and his vocals in the particular parts where the song lifts, is really good, considering there are no other instruments backing him up. His vocals sound just like the studio version, which is very good considering it's done on a couple of acoustic guitars.

Heh, absolutely truly, and again: you are sooo right!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

JJ II

Quoteyou are sooo right!

Except for the spelling... ;D

Why do so many people write Sowdon as Snowdon....

I think climate-change should solve that problem from now on. ;)

PH

Quote from: JJ II on Sun, 2006-12-03, 17:58:28
Except for the spelling... ;D

Why do so many people write Sowdon as Snowdon....

I think climate-change should solve that problem from now on. ;)

Ahem.. Sowden.

Clive No Man
John Mitch-hell
Rob Sodom
Mick Pointhair
Ian Salmon

Heheheheh Salmon... hehehehe...

Peter

*smacks PH with a very large, very old trout*  ;D  :D

Silhouette

Rob Sowden might be my alltime favourite frontman, and the obvious choice in this poll.

Silhouette
"Unauthorized duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing."
- Diablo Swing Orchestra

PH

Yeah, womehow Sowden's voice suits Arena perfectly well! *horns*
Although Paul's voice fitted brilliantly with The Visitor and Carson's voice with Songs...

Each voice represents a different Arena era, and there are some crossovers, Immortal? for example is the perfect gradient from The Visitor to Contagion.
They're building it up with every album.
As soon as Rob's voice is at it's best they'll get another singer who sounds like Rob, but then again different, and they'll build it up again.

Or what? ;D

Peter

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-03-31, 23:32:33
As soon as Rob's voice is at it's best they'll get another singer who sounds like Rob, but then again different, and they'll build it up again.
Or what? ;D

I hope this is never going to happen at all. I simply love Rob's voice with Arena!

PH

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2007-04-01, 10:11:58
I hope this is never going to happen at all. I simply love Rob's voice with Arena!

;)

Silhouette

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-03-31, 23:32:33

Or what? ;D

...what're You planning, mate?!? :o

Silhouette
"Unauthorized duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing."
- Diablo Swing Orchestra

PH

Hehehehe I was just joking actually.
But there´s something in it that still stands.

When Songs Of The Lion´s Cage was released, we loved it (I guess, 'cause I'm no first-hour Arena fan).
John Carson left (what a shock!) and Paul Wrightson came in.
We loved Paul Wrightson!
Paul Wrightson left, fans were shocked, Rob came in.
We love Rob Sowden!

Let's say, if Rob will leave, we will be shocked, right?
Then another singer comes in who is better!
"We love *next Arena singer*"

You know what I mean? ;)
If it fits Arena's overall sound it's ok with me!
Only John Carson can sing Songs From The Lion's Cage.
Only Paul can sing The Visitor.
Only Rob can sing Pepper's Ghost.

Just speculating, keeping opinions fresh, perspectives open.
I also LOVE Rob's voice!! I hope he will stay with Arena!!
But I guess there were people who LOVED Paul's voice, hoping he would stay!

Maybe I'm gonna be the new Arena singer, you haven't heard me sing! ;)
Perhaps I'm better than Rob! And maybe you'll love my voice after a while hoping I will never leave.

;) <---

Silhouette

Absolutely, if the new guy fits the overall sound of Arena, that'd be great, but still, I think Rob is the best vocalist so far, and I hope we never even have to judge a new guy.
Actually, I prefer the stuff from the older albums when it's sung by Rob.

Silhouette
- Diablo Swing Orchestra

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Silhouette on Tue, 2007-04-10, 00:31:56and I hope we never even have to judge a new guy.
Amen to that!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

They all have their pro's, for example Paul was very entertaining to watch when he performed 'The Visitor', but I must admit I like Rob's voice better. And it's so much fun hearing him 'improvising' the lyrics of the older songs!  ;D

Nicky007

Rob is the King! No doubt on my side. If he ever considers leaving Arena, I'll personally come over and ensure that he stays  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bluepony

bellanova

It has to be Rob although i love Paul on The Visitor! But i think Rob does the songs just as well!

bluepony

Quote from: bellanova on Fri, 2007-09-07, 11:22:43
It has to be Rob although i love Paul on The Visitor! But i think Rob does the songs just as well!
Don't judge too soon! Have you ever heard Clive doing the 'ghost vocals' for that song?  ;)

PH

Yeah Clive could do the vocals. No problem.
If ever Rob should decide to leave (I hope not) then Clive could handle the vocals. And maybe sing duet with JM!

Nicky007

Paco, once you've been hanging for a day, I'll cut you down and hang you right up again!

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

You don't think I'm right?

Listen to that demo (which was meant to be funny) and of course listen to Shadowland.
And then listen to JM's singing, if he'd try he could do a angry voice or a frightend voice. I think they could pull it off!

Nicky007

Paco, don't you realise that Rob is GENIUS, not just genius, but GENIUS.

I suggest you try to listen to Contagion  ;D  (it just might keep you off the noose).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-09-07, 12:20:12I suggest you try to listen to Contagion  ;D  (it just might keep you off the noose).

Funny guy you. ;D
I've listened to Contagion a whole year long, but was desperately waiting for Contagion The Max to come out. Now I really want to buy it anyway, but haven't seen it in my prog shop. And I also want the two EPs with it. But the edition which has space for the three discs altogether is sold out so it seems.

And I know that Rob is GENIUS, but if Rob doesn't do it anymore for what sort of reason, I think Arena shouldn't look for another singer (none can surpass the signers Arena's had), but then Clive and JM duo could do it.

-Paco

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2007-09-07, 12:28:09
Funny guy you. ;D
Yeah, isn't he?  ;)

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2007-09-07, 12:28:09
I've listened to Contagion a whole year long, but was desperately waiting for Contagion The Max to come out.
I think I know what we'll do: all the roomies should sign a petition to have Contagion The Max finally released ("...or else!", like you said before ;D ) and send that to the Arena guys. Who knows, it might even work!  ;)

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-09-07, 12:00:28
Paco, once you've been hanging for a day, I'll cut you down and hang you right up again!
I imagine something like in Monty Python's "Life of Brian"... yep, that should work!  ;)

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2007-09-07, 11:54:37
Yeah Clive could do the vocals. No problem.
Well, I guess he could (I mean he's got a great voice) if he could (meaning he probably won't have the time to do it). And of course I'd be rather upsed if Rob ever decided to leave the band!! (I'm with Nicky on that one.)