News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth !!

Started by mdread666, Wed, 2007-12-12, 08:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

mdread666

Santa's come early - Matt Barlow has rejoined Iced Earth  *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns*

see www.icedearth.com

A complete surprise this - having seen them a few weeks ago supporting Heaven & Hell I thought Tim Owens was singing the best I have ever heard him, both for Priest or Iced Earth and seemed for the first time, comfortable in the band. Having said that he wasn't (IMO) right for Iced Earth, so Matt coming back is excellent news   ;D

Be interesting to see whether or not Matt also continues with Pyramaze !?

Currently listening to Days Of Purgatory in celebration !!
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

Nicky007

Mdread, I'v heard a lot about Iced Earth and a bit bout Pyramaze, but I still haven't heard their music. Could you describe them to us in terms of groups that we know here in the Room? Also, what are the lyrics like?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Appelmoes??

I'm really not into Iced Earth, but I know A LOT of people will be very happy with this.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

mdread666

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-12-12, 11:33:08
Mdread, I'v heard a lot about Iced Earth and a bit bout Pyramaze, but I still haven't heard their music. Could you describe them to us in terms of groups that we know here in the Room? Also, what are the lyrics like?

Nicky.

I always think it's a bit objective saying that Band 'X' sounds like Band 'Y' but....for Iced Earth think along the lines of power metal crossed with classic metal (the likes of Priest & Maiden)

For Pyramaze, I guess still think power metal but with a slight prog influence, perhaps similar to say Crimson Glory or Kamelot

Iced Earth - http://myspace.com/icedearth

Pyramze - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=32215612
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

Nicky007

Just took your link to Pyramaze on MySpace, Mdread. Was happy to see that they're Copenhagen based and several of the members are Danish.

Great stuff  *horns*

It's good that you get whole tracks on this site, so you get a fuller impression.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me