News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

Thanks Steve  ;)

So far I only have The Gift, Sounds Affects, All Mod Cons and a bunch of live albums. Maybe I will go back further in time using the De Luxe reeditions (though most of them are hard to find at a decent price :P).

By the time, until Sound Affects, I did not give much attention to the Jam. My favorite English act/band in that style of "energetic classic rock" was, by far, Joe Jackson. I must have played I'm The Man (the album) about 2000 times in 1980  :)

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Steve Jones

Just ordered Gazpacho's new 2CD version of 'Night' as I've only got an mp3 download of the original album currently.
Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Just ordered Circus Maximus "Nine" and Pagan's Mind "God's Equation" after an evening spent listening to Seventh Wonder, which made me eager for more of this kind of melodic metal. Rendez-vous in a few days to see if it was a right move  :)

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2012-11-26, 15:53:26
Just ordered Gazpacho's new 2CD version of 'Night' as I've only got an mp3 download of the original album currently.

That sounds interesting.  Night is my favorite Gazpacho album.  I'm curious to know what's been added to the original release.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

PH

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2012-11-29, 19:51:02
That sounds interesting.  Night is my favorite Gazpacho album.  I'm curious to know what's been added to the original release.

From what I've heard, they've changed almost nothing.
I'm quite happy with the original album already. Don't know what could be improved...

Today I bought:

Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited II
(Talking about improvement)

Spock's Beard - X
(Two years late for this one)

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2012-11-29, 19:51:02

Bonus CD with 3 live tracks, basically.  I wouldn't be buying it if I'd already got a CD version.
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2012-11-29, 22:26:36
Bonus CD with 3 live tracks, basically.  I wouldn't be buying it if I'd already got a CD version.

Same here and it arrived today.
Yesterday Strangers on a Train PT 1 and 2

Steve Jones

Peter Hammill - Fireships.

An official download from Burning Shed in FLAC format to replace my CD version that doesn't play properly these days.
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Galahad - Beyond the Realms of Euphoria (Lossless download from the Galahad site)
Edison's Children - In the Last Waking Moments... (second-hand CD from eBay)
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Marillion - Sleighed Again (Christmas 2012 fan club DVD)
DeeExpus - Half Way Home (purchase prompted by enjoying Number 33 muchly 8) )
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2012-12-18, 19:41:18
Gazpacho - When Earth Lets Go

I bought that one too!
In fact, today I got the first three Gazpacho albums ("Bravo", "When Earth Lets Go" and "Firebird") and "Missa Atropos".
Now all I need is "Tick Tock".

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2012-12-18, 21:09:47
In fact, today I got the first three Gazpacho albums ("Bravo", "When Earth Lets Go" and "Firebird")

By coincidence I've also just got Bravo & Firebird, but unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas to actually get my hands on them :'(
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2012-12-19, 14:34:29
By coincidence I've also just got Bravo & Firebird, but unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas to actually get my hands on them :'(

Also part of the special offer? Gazpacho's first 3 albums for €30 and "Missa Atropos" for free. Great offer. "Bravo" is a really nice album too. Reminds me a lot of Radiohead and Marillion.

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2012-12-19, 20:30:45
Also part of the special offer?
No, I didn't even know there was a special offer on!  I just decided the gaps in my Gazpacho collection should be filled, preferably at someone else's expense ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Teunis

I was so overwhelmed by the DeeExpus album 'King of Number 33' (discovery of the year for me), that I now pre-ordered their debut 'Half Way Home'. Fortunately for my wallet they don't have more (studio) albums ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Bupie

Just ordered from each band's website :

Primitive Instinct - One's man Refuge Brilliant song-oriented neo-prog, really !

Fish On Friday - Airborne  Brilliant too, though it may sound too poppy for some prog fans (but not me, for sure :))

I have also pre-ordered the new Steve Lukather album from his website and I have strong hopes to win the Music Man guitar's random draw since PH is not involved  ;D

PH

Today this arrived:

Haken - "Aquarius"
Glass Hammer - "Culture Of Ascent"
No-Man - "Together We're Stranger"

Steve Jones

Martin Orford - Classical Music and Popular Songs.

Been after this for a while and then two pop-up on eBay at the same time 8)
Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Great purchase  *horns*

Do you already have "The Old Road", which is as good or maybe even better ? I play the two of them very often.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2013-01-10, 21:05:07
Do you already have "The Old Road", which is as good or maybe even better ? I play the two of them very often.

Yes indeed, superb album.  After the first few spins I think I actually prefer 'Classical' but that might just be because it's fresh for me *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2012-12-26, 12:17:30
I was so overwhelmed by the DeeExpus album 'King of Number 33' (discovery of the year for me), that I now pre-ordered their debut 'Half Way Home'.
By mistake I ordered the wrong album called 'Far From Home', which is a live album. All the tracks of the studio album are on it and one additional track. I noticed it today, when the package was delivered ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Bupie

Was caught by a buy fever last night  :-[

Ordered :

Landmarq - Entertaining Angels
Andromeda - Final Extension
Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstasy

I fought to stay away from IZZ, Mystery, Anglägard or Echolyn but I am afraid the battle is not over yet  :D