News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Arrived:

The eagerly awaited live album (2cd/1dvd/1bluray) from Mr. Wilson.

Get All You Deserve.

And let me tell you, it's freakin' awesome!!!!  *horns*
This dude knows how to make some quality music!
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Screaming Blue Messiahs - Bikini Red.  Just arrived (eBay) and not yet ripped but I'm looking forward to hearing it again after all these years.  Yup, it's a vinyl replacement, and next I need to find a copy of 'Gun Shy' at less than extortionate prices.
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Just ordered Devy's Deconstruction. Heard some stuff on YouTube that got me interested. So I'm soon joinin ya there, Greenie  8)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

I bought Devy's "Epicloud" today! :D
And Mastodon's "The Hunter"!

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2012-09-29, 21:26:39
Just ordered Devy's Deconstruction. Heard some stuff on YouTube that got me interested. So I'm soon joinin ya there, Greenie  8)

- Nicky

Cool.  I need to play that one more, actually.  I was originally a bit disappointed with it (to my surprise, since of the initial set of four "Project" albums it's, in theory, most like his other stuff).  I recently received the new one, "Epicloud."  That one sounds great on first play.

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2012-09-29, 21:35:59

re: Epicloud, see above  *horns*

I've been meaning to check out The Hunter myself, interested to hear what you think of it.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Iggy

Recently arrived

Epicloud - DT
Adventures in Neverland - The Reasoning
Sounds that can't be made - Marillion
In Parallel - Danny Cavanagh, Anneke Van Giersbergen
Vittjar - Kaipa

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2012-09-29, 21:35:59

8) Paxi

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2012-09-30, 00:16:18
Cool.  I need to play that one more, actually.  I was originally a bit disappointed with it (to my surprise, since of the initial set of four "Project" albums it's, in theory, most like his other stuff).

He seems to have made quite an effort with it  8)

I was rather disappointed with "Ocean Machine: Biomech", sounded glib, too much tatatata without real overlying substance. What do you think about it, Greenie ?

- Nicky
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2012-09-30, 20:17:00
Recently arrived

Epicloud - DT

Recently ordered. ;)

QuoteSounds that can't be made - Marillion

Recently acquired.  ;D

QuoteIn Parallel - Danny Cavanagh, Anneke Van Giersbergen

May I be so bold to say that this is a very good purchase.  *horns*

Steve Jones

D.C. Cooper - D.C. Cooper

Dropped on the mat, ripped, but not yet played!
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2012-10-01, 13:11:52
D.C. Cooper - D.C. Cooper

Dropped on the mat, ripped, but not yet played!

Jonesey, I'm real curious about this one  :)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2012-10-01, 17:18:34
Jonesey,

Funny, when I read this name I always think about a bottle of fine Scottish whisky. ;)

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2012-10-01, 11:57:30
Recently ordered. ;)

Recently acquired.  ;D

May I be so bold to say that this is a very good purchase.  *horns*

You may.  :)

The latest to plop on my doormat was Muse - The 2nd Law

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2012-10-01, 17:18:34
Jonesey, I'm real curious about this one  :)

So was I, but no longer :D
First impressions are that's a strong album and probably a very safe buy for any RH fan.  I was surprised to find a cracking version of Uriah Heep's 'Easy Living' amongst the original material.

Today's mat ploppers:
Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution (I think that completes my collection apart from a couple of live albums)
Steve Hogarth & Richard Barbieri - Not The Weapon But The Hand
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2012-10-03, 00:08:45
First impressions are that's a strong album and probably a very safe buy for any RH fan.

Thanx, Jonesey  :)

I was surprised to find a cracking version of Uriah Heep's 'Easy Living' amongst the original material.

Yeah, I heard that on YouTube  8)

Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution

Yeah, I like that one too  *horns*

Steve Hogarth & Richard Barbieri - Not The Weapon But The Hand

Hey, what's that like ?

- Nicky
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2012-10-03, 16:01:58
Hey, what's that like ?

At the moment it's got Best Thing I've Ever Heard status and I can't stop playing the thing ;)
Not one for metal heads, though, it's all delicate, breathy and beautiful.  Imagine the more dreamy bits of "Happiness is the Road" with the sonic textures RB contributed to Japan and Porcupine Tree.  Utterly captivating and makes my remaining hairs stand on end.

Latest Mat Ploppers:
The Pineapple Thief - All the Wars
Royal Hunt - The Watchers
Gazpacho - London
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2012-10-01, 08:56:02

I was rather disappointed with "Ocean Machine: Biomech", sounded glib, too much tatatata without real overlying substance. What do you think about it, Greenie ?

I really like it.  It was my first Devy purchase and introduced me to his signature sound/style, which I obviously enjoy since I now have 12 of his albums.  The opener, "Seventh Wave," is one of my favorite songs of his.  I'll admit I don't recall the lyrics to some of the songs all that well -- been a while since I've played this one much, and I think I prize it for it's loud yet melodic feel as much as anything.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2012-10-04, 20:20:52
At the moment it's got Best Thing I've Ever Heard status and I can't stop playing the thing ;)
Not one for metal heads, though, it's all delicate, breathy and beautiful.  Imagine the more dreamy bits of "Happiness is the Road" with the sonic textures RB contributed to Japan and Porcupine Tree.  Utterly captivating and makes my remaining hairs stand on end.

Well, Jonesey, I'l keep that in mind. In some weird manner, your joys end up up being mine (lets leave the women outta the discussion), like Extreme, Priest (now both pantheon with me), Primus (well, an experience), and I guess I got you onto Nevermore and RH :-)

Royal Hunt - The Watchers

You can look forward to Intervention - whew, awesome  *horns*

Had that one goin on repeat today  8)

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2012-10-04, 22:20:31
I really like it.... I think I prize it for it's loud yet melodic feel as much as anything.

Well. I guess I'l just have to play it again soon .....  :)

which I obviously enjoy since I now have 12 of his albums

Please explain  ;D

Just got four more RH-albums lately - according to Greenie's theory, that would mean that I kinda like'm  :D : Paradox, Moving Target, Eyewitness, 2006 Live.

Guess I'l be listenin to some RH this weekend  8)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Porcupine Tree's "On The Sunday Of Life" is here!

Teunis

Today I ordered the Alan Reed (former Pallas singer just in case you don't know ;)) album 'First In A Field Of One'.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Yes - "Close To The Edge"

and

Steve Hackett - "Please Don't Touch"

were added to my collection. Both very enjoyable.

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2012-11-12, 23:03:08
Yes - "Close To The Edge"

You should take your time with Yes, and get properly into'm, Paxi. I did. They call for it, they'r a whole exciting world for themselves  *horns*

By all means get Going For The One, Talk, The Ladder, and Fly From Here - my four faves, and very different from each other  8)

Me, I'm gonna get me the two Animals as Leaders albums asap. Just added AaL to my pantheon list - without having a single cd by'm, they'r simply mindblowing  :)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Teunis

Preordered the new Steve Lukather album 'Transition', to be released on January 21st:

http://www.stevelukather.net/Album.aspx?id=415
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Bupie

Looking forward to this one too  :)

I just received the De Luxe 2 CD set of The Jam' Sound Affects. For 6,95 €, it's the bargain of the year at Bupie's home  8)

I know that I won't write anything original but The Jam were, from a French man point of view, a core English band, carrying the flag and identity of their country. An English music with England-focused lyrics aimed to an English working class audience. By the same period, in France, we had a band called Telephone that can be somehow compared : every ordinary people knew them and their songs and could connect to them in a personal way. And we danced to them for years at parties. Like maybe this was the case in England with a song like This is The Modern World ?

My English is too poor to express things better but I would like to have the take of English roomies (Iggy, Steve, Funkster ...) on the Jam. Are there some albums worth checking in Paul Weller's solo discography ?

Iggy

Just arrived
Celebration Day  - Led Zeppelin
Octane Twisted - Porcupine Tree

So I will be listening to mostly live music  *horns* *horns* *horns*

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Sat, 2012-11-17, 11:17:24
My English is too poor to express things better but I would like to have the take of English roomies (Iggy, Steve, Funkster ...) on the Jam. Are there some albums worth checking in Paul Weller's solo discography ?

In The City was the first ever Punk/New Wave album I bought.  I went off The Jam increasingly as the later soul influences crept in, and Style Council were a no go area for me!  But I love the earlier, high energy Jam.  I still think their first album is an all-time great, every time I give it a listen it blows me away as if it's brand new 8)

Paul Weller's solo stuff (Stanley Road, Heavy Soul, etc) is very good indeed, but more mature than the frantic energy of early Jam.
Regards, Steve Jones