News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2012-07-21, 19:30:55
And I wanted to buy the new Asia album XXX, but it wasn't in stock.
Ordered this one online now today, should be here tomorrow.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2012-07-27, 12:47:56
It should keep you busy for a while  ;D

I actually have Counterparts and a few earlier Rush albums. I only plan to get the intermediate albums Feedback (2004), Vapor Trails (2002), and Test for Echo (1996), and then I'm waiting for a live recording from their Clockwork Angels tour  8)

Bupie, have you heard Snakes & Arrows and Clockwork Angels ? If not, you should  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Rush:  Clockwork Angels

Got the cd at last. Great cover and booklet, made by their longtime friend Hugh Syme.

Ihsahn:  Eremita

Havent hear this one yet. I'm a big Ihsahn and Emperor fan. This is his latest, from 2012. Got good reviews.

Black Sabbath:  Their first, self-titled

A must-have for a proggie my age. This album, their debut, from 1970, was groundbreaking at the time. And on top of it, they'r from my native city Birmingham. Nice cd cover and informative booklet.

Royal Hunt:  Collision Course... Paradox 2

This is the wild card (for me). Royal Hunt is a Copenhagen based group led by the Danish-Georgian-Russian keyboardist André Andersen. I'v heard a lot about this band, and I'v YouTubed them a few times, and now is my opportunity to hear one of their most acclaimed albums, Collision Course (from 2008).

Nice front cover    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Royal_hunt_collision_course_paradox_ii_2008_retail_cd-front.jpg

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

keyboardistmatt

Pendulum - 'Immersion'
Morbid Angel - 'Illud Divinum Insanus'
Lamb Of God -'Ashes Of The Wake'
Anata - 'Under A Stone With No Inscription'
Rolling Stones - 'Voodoo Lounge'
Uranium 235 - 'Cultural Minority' (because I lost my other copy)

*ola*
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Nicky007

Quite a span, must say, Matt  8)

I'v tried several times with Lamb of God, even saw'm live at Copenhell ... but donno, somehow it just doesnt grip me. What's the trick with these guys ?

Actually same thing with Morbid Angel  ???

What are Anata, Pendulum, and Uranium 235 like, donno'm ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2012-08-10, 14:00:00
What are Anata, Pendulum, and Uranium 235 like, donno'm ?

Nicky.

Anata are a Technical Death Metal band from Sweden. Their music utilises melody and counterpoint (where instruments/voices have musical lines sounding very different to one another, but work when played simultaneously).

Pendulum are and Australian/British Electronic Rock/Metal band. They are influenced by Drum & Bass, The Prodigy, and various Rock and Metal. Their music is generally a fusion of these. 8)

Uranium 235 are a and Electronic/Industrial Metal band from New York City. These guys mix heavy guitars with techno beats and dance-style electronics.

I saw Pendulum live at Glastonbury last year - they were fantastic! *horns*

As for Lamb Of God, I hadn't taken much notice of these guys until I joined Drallion (my Industrial Metal band).  Lamb Of God are one of Drallion's influences, so it was a foregone conclusion that I hear them eventually! I think they're really good. Randy Blythe has a great voice. :)

Nicky007

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2012-08-12, 16:22:24
Anata are ....

Thanx, Matt  :)

Btw you being a keyboard whiz, how are you with André Andersen and his Royal Hunt ?

They'r my big thing atm  8)

Just bought:

Royal Hunt:  X  (2010, with Mark Boals on vocals)
                   Show Me How To Live  (2011, with D. C. Cooper)
Extreme:  Take Us Alive  (House of Blues, Boston, 2009)
Alter Bridge:  Blackbird  (2007)
Solution .45:  For Aeons Past (with Christian Älvestam on vocals (nuff said), 2010)
Mercenary:  Metamorphosis  (one'o my fave Danish bands, metal, 2011)

Whew, got some good music here .....  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2012-08-13, 13:59:32
how are you with André Andersen and his Royal Hunt ?

Actually, I'd not heard of him till now, I've just been on his website and become intrigued so I'll check him out!
:)

Nicky007

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2012-08-21, 00:28:29
Actually, I'd not heard of him till now, I've just been on his website and become intrigued so I'll check him out!
:)

Matt, I suggest you start with the songs in my "Classic songs" list in my Listening Profile here in the Room. They'r really super, will whet your appetite for more  *horns*

If you'r looking for albums, I'm quite familiar now with the Royal Hunt studio albums from Paradox on, and I'v listed most of them in my prog pantheon (also under my LP).

I'm really enthusiastic about RH, and have listened to little else the past three weeks  8)

Enjoy !

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Teunis

Yesterday I bought the new Neal Morse album 'Momentum', which is already available in the music stores, at least in The Netherlands.
The Pendragon live DVD should be here within a week and I pre-ordered the new Muse album. Wow, so many great releases 8), just have to make choises and save money for future releases/gigs ;).

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2012-09-08, 12:56:54
Yesterday I bought the new Neal Morse album 'Momentum', which is already available in the music stores, at least in The Netherlands.

Really?! Well, then I have to pay a visit to my favourite Prog music store, first thing on Monday. *makes note*

Hmm... thought I had posted it already, but clearly not. My recent purchases:

Kaipa - "Vittjar"
Sounds really folky. Nice.

Threshold - "March Of Progress"
It's Threshold!

The Flower Kings - "Banks Of Eden"
The two disc edition of course. Do I ever buy normal albums when special editions are available? Think not...

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2012-09-08, 12:56:54

I pre-ordered the album.
Would've thought that I would receive it prior to the release date or at least on the release day itself.
Stunned that I haven't got it yet.  :-\

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2012-09-08, 21:20:08
The two disc edition of course. Do I ever buy normal albums when special editions are available? Think not...
I'm used to do that as well and find myself playing the bonus disc/making of just one time. Then I intend to buy the 'normal' edition next time but somehow it doesn't work. Often the SE is just a few euros more and I keep on buying them.

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2012-09-08, 22:28:41
I pre-ordered the album.
Would've thought that I would receive it prior to the release date or at least on the release day itself.
Strange indeed. The release date is 11th September, but I saw a Facebook friend of mine who bought the Neal Morse album on Friday. He buys cd's at the same record store as I do. The store sold a lot of NM copies, glad I didn't wait for one more day!

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2012-09-08, 22:28:41
I pre-ordered the album.

I agree  >:(

Iggy

Just arrived
Neal Morse Momentum and Mystery The World is a Game.

maddox

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2012-09-10, 13:15:37
Just arrived
Neal Morse Momentum and Mystery The World is a Game.

I only received the second part.
The latter.
The last one.

Mystery. ;)

Still waiting for neal.  ::)

PH

Today I bought Neal Morse's latest album: "Momentum". Of course I already knew the first two tracks, but I'm very curious what the rest will be like.

PH

And today I bought Marillion's "Sounds That Can't Be Made". I am extremely curious.
Also Jean Michel Jarre's "Oxygene" (the re-recording) and Yes' "Fragile" made it to my collection.
I seem to be on a roll here.

maddox

Momentum is in-doors.
So is the new Marillion.
And Masque from Kansas.

That's it, nothing more.

Bupie

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2012-09-16, 17:15:16
And Masque from Kansas.
Hey, I thought you once wrote that you don't like Kansas. But maybe it was Tom ?  ???

Anyway, it's a good choice and a very solid album. The first two songs are classic rock ones -I like them though- but after them comes Icarus - Borne On Wings Of Steel. For this song alone the album is worth owning  *horns* And the rest is not bad either ...

maddox

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2012-09-17, 23:12:28
Hey, I thought you once wrote that you don't like Kansas. But maybe it was Tom ?  ???

No, that was me alright. ;)

Actually, I already have two Kansas albums but lately I've heard a song from Masque on Facebook and I quite liked it so I decided to buy that album as well.

It's a good album.
Bit rougher, harder than the albums that everyone knows.

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2012-09-17, 23:12:28

Anyway, it's a good choice and a very solid album. The first two songs are classic rock ones -I like them though- but after them comes Icarus - Borne On Wings Of Steel. For this song alone the album is worth owning  *horns* And the rest is not bad either ...

Yep, Icarus is the one. ;)

Manatee

Just Arrived:

Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud

Rush - 2112

Yes - Close to the Edge
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Teunis

Yesterday I bought the Pendragon DVD 'Out Of Order Comes Chaos'. The music is great, but for financial reasons it has again been recorded in the (seated) Theatre in Katowice. I miss the real enthusiastic 'live' experience  ::).