News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

bellanova

Just received Out Of The Tunnel's Mouth.....Steve Hackett. Love it lots

aswas

Hey guys,
Hey Nicky, just received my first Pallas cd The Cross and the Crucible. It is awesome. So I ordered a couple more. It think it called Beat the Drum. My mind went blank. Also I orderd a Pallas Dvd. Finally I ordered Symphony X keyboard player Michael Pinnerra's CD. There was alot of.  good reviews. I also checked a couple bands that you gave me to check, that made the grade. Just gotta get them one at a time. See ya
don't fly... too close to the sun

Nicky007

All sounds great, Aswas  *horns*

So things will no longer be as was  ;D

If ya think I got a couple of things right for you, I'd propose that you check up the groups in my pantheon. There are some groups there that would probably be too harsh and growly for you, but I also got a melodic and clean-singing department with Arena (big surprise ;D ), Jeff Buckley, Anathema and many more fine groups.

And as I mentioned earlier, I'm sure Priest's Nostradamus will go well with you.

I know that I'm mentioning this album a lot (ad nauseam), but I simply can't live with proggies ignoring it like that. Nostra is an extraordinary album comparable only to The Wall, Scenes From A Memory, and very few other great masterpieces  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

aswas

I will check them out tomorrow. I can do growly and harsh too. I have 4 by Opeth as an example. But I will check out both of those tomorrow, and thanks again. see ya aswas not as was anymore

Nicky007

I had a bit left over after paying bills, so I checked up what Fona (the shop in Copenhagen) was selling cheaply, and purchased:

Gojira:  The Way Of All Flesh

Amaseffer:  Slaves For Life

David Bowie:  Ziggy Stardust

David Bowie:  "Heroes"

All excellent albums  *horns*

Lookin forward to get more into'm  :)

Mad, you still listen to Amaseffer once in a while ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Teunis

Just ordered the Pallas live DVD 'The Blinding Darkness'. I already have the cd of the gig, it's great! Just love Alan Reed's voice, curious what his next 'project' will be now he's no longer part of Pallas.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

aswas

That's next the Pallas DVD, but Nicky I just ordered also Priest's Nostradamas. The sound bytes sound great. You are doing great on your suggestions. I was looking at one of the inserts that came with a new cd and Jadis was advertized. So I am going to listen to some soundbites, and see how they sound. Thanks ASWAS

Nicky007

Quote from: aswas on Tue, 2010-05-04, 02:07:38
You are doing great on your suggestions.

OK, I suggest that you send me an envelope with some 100 $ bills  ;D

Nicky I just ordered also Priest's Nostradamas. The sound bytes sound great.

8) Aswas (no longer)

They're probably my fave group now - but that's also cuz they come from Birmingham  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Abel Ganz - Shooting Albatross
Simon Says - Paradise Square
Big Big Train - The Underfall Yard
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

erik

Bit of a buying frenzy, just ordered the regular editions of Ayreon's Human Equation and the one with the binary title, for 8,51 euro each ( :o ) at blahdvd.com. Still hadn't bought these, because of a slight Ayreon monster concept albums overdose feeling, but look forward to them now.

Also coming up from Beyond Rock: GPS - Window To The Soul, Star One - Space Metal and Planet X - Quantum :P

Furthermore added the just released 20th anniversary deluxe edition (DVD/2CD) of Alchemy Live by Dire Straits to my shopping list  *horns*
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Bupie

Quote from: erik on Wed, 2010-05-12, 22:01:46
Furthermore added the just released 20th anniversary deluxe edition (DVD/2CD) of Alchemy Live by Dire Straits to my shopping list  *horns*
Good choice  ;)

erik

Quote from: bellanova on Sun, 2010-04-25, 16:48:04
Just received Out Of The Tunnel's Mouth.....Steve Hackett. Love it lots

Me too, gets a lot of play here. Bit frustrating though that there's a new version with bonus cd now, got my copy last year already when there was only the regular version :(
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Teunis

Quote from: erik on Wed, 2010-05-12, 22:01:46
Also coming up from Beyond Rock: GPS - Window To The Soul, Star One - Space Metal
Great choices. I've heard that a new GPS and Asia featuring John Payne release are in the works and will be released this year. But that is what's been told last year too. I'm sure when I hold them in my hands  ;). Star One =  *horns*, looking forward to Star Two  ;).

erik

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2010-05-13, 20:27:59
Great choices. I've heard that a new GPS and Asia featuring John Payne release are in the works and will be released this year. But that is what's been told last year too. I'm sure when I hold them in my hands  ;). Star One =  *horns*, looking forward to Star Two  ;).
Yep these have been on my shopping list for some time, now they finally make it to my shelves and cd player *horns* I also read about the Asia featuring John Payne album supposedly being released this year and a possible title, Arcana (no longer Architects Of Time). They have recently signed with the Favored Nations label at any rate. Let's wait and see what Arjen Lucassen's next move will be after Guilt Machine.

On topic, latest addition: not a purchase but a gift from my mom today: a big stack of great LP's from her collection that she's getting rid of (my dad's still holding on to his stuff, including a lot of Beatles works). Now I must get a record player! ;)
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Bupie

I just ordered UFO's The Monkey Puzzle and The Visitor.

This will complete my collection, at the exception of UFO 1 and UFO 2, the EP Ain't Misbehavin' and the unfoundable High Stakes And Dangerous Men.

So it makes me now a proud owner of 16 studio albums and 2 live, the famous Strangers In The Night and the triple Impact Live. Too bad I missed their gig in Paris a few weeks ago   >:(

erik

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2010-05-13, 20:27:59
Star One =  *horns*, looking forward to Star Two  ;).

Well look here at this info I found Wikipedia:

QuoteWhen asked on the "Ask Arjen Anything" channel of communication if there would be another Star One album, Lucassen simply stated "Probably". However, he has since stated that he does not want to make another Star One album:

" Space Metal was really magic. I am afraid that I will fail to capture the same atmosphere and actually ruin it! I am actually against sequels; you cannot repeat the same atmosphere and feeling like you had with the first album.[2] "

However, in an interview conducted by Ragnarok Radio in October 2009 Arjen stated Star One is "definitely not dead."[3]

In October 2009 in an interview with Lebmetal.com Arjen said he was working on what might become another Star One album: "In the meantime I will be working on a new, heavier album. Possible a new Star One album, but then again things never work out the way I plan them"[4], and in a November 2009 interview with Lagrossradio.com, Arjen stated that he was definitely working on a new Star One album and that he had already written and recorded a song.[5]

In March of 2010, a "demo listening party" was held where several members of the arjenlucassen.com messageboard were allowed to listen to the first (only instrumental) demos for the new Star One-album.[6]

So it actually is in the works! *horns*
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Teunis

About a new Star One:
Quote from: erik on Fri, 2010-05-21, 10:24:57
Well look here at this info I found Wikipedia:

So it actually is in the works! *horns*
Yeah, I knew that. Thought you were joking or/and Mad would break in as Arjen/Ayreon freak  *horns* ;D.

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2010-04-29, 16:53:04

Mad, you still listen to Amaseffer once in a while ?

Nicky.

Most definitely yes, Nick.  :) :) :)

Ordered, paid and also received:

Coheed & Cambria ~ Neverender DVD (all four albums performed live in its entirety)
Pain of Salvation ~ Road Salt 1 : Ivory

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Arrived yesterday
Anesthetise - Porcupine Tree DVD
Spock's Beard - X

The Butterfly Man

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Draco chimera

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2010-05-25, 22:22:02
I got that one as well! *horns*

Tom
Could you tell a bit more about it please ?  :) How is it?
Let your conscience decide !

Iggy

Quote from: Draco chimera on Thu, 2010-05-27, 19:22:32
Could you tell a bit more about it please ?  :) How is it?

It is flat, round and quite shiny  ;D

Apart from that totally awesome.

bellanova

I got Anaesthetise the dvd by PT too! I love that album!

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Iggy on Fri, 2010-05-28, 14:37:36
It is flat, round and quite shiny  ;D

Apart from that totally awesome.

Indeed, it looks very professional. Great picture, great sound-quality. 8)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Steve Jones

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy.

This promises to be flat, round and quite shiny.  Oh yes... ;D *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"