News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2009-07-28, 18:48:46
Nicky, I just visited their MySpace and listened to the songs 'Ground' and 'Ruun' and - even after only one listen - I think they are amazing! *horns*

Glad to share, Tom  :)

Ground is the song that has evoked comparisons with Floyd. Great song !  I think it's quite special and nice, and different enuff from Floyd to be regarded as a true Enslaved song  8)

Ruun has an entirely different mood, dark and brooding.

Strangely, my fave E-song (not E-meter), Heir To The Cosmic Seed, which I raved about earlier, is not among their MySpace songs. A killer song (on the album Ruun)  *horns*

Enslaved is by no means an easy group to get into, altho you get a few melodic titbits here and there for encouragement, but I think they can provide longlasting enjoyable companionship.

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-07-28, 10:22:16
You bastard, until just now, I actually had a Nicky-approved album that you didn't!   Well worth owning though.   ;)

I won't dispute that Jonesy is a bastard  ;D

... but altho I play some Soundgarden now and then, enjoying it, I rarely last thru an entire album, and they aint one of my pantheon groups  :-\

I think what confuses you a bit, Greenie, is that I consider CC a fabulous singer, and the message I'm trying to bring across to all of you (take your p(r)ick:) pubertarians/pigheads/sluggards is that the album Euphoria Morning is (take your pick) great/fantastic/terrific - it really stands out in CC's catalogue, and that's cause he collaborated with Alain Johannes and Natasja Shneider, two close friends, and great musicians, and the chemistry really gelled.

So I hope ya get it this time !!!  Man, you guys really give me grey hairs  :o

;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-07-28, 21:25:52

... but altho I play some Soundgarden now and then, enjoying it, I rarely last thru an entire album, and they aint one of my pantheon groups  :-\

I think what confuses you a bit, Greenie, is that I consider CC a fabulous singer, and the message I'm trying to bring across to all of you (take your p(r)ick:) pubertarians/pigheads/sluggards is that the album Euphoria Morning is (take your pick) great/fantastic/terrific - it really stands out in CC's catalogue, and that's cause he collaborated with Alain Johannes and Natasja Shneider, two close friends, and great musicians, and the chemistry really gelled.

So I hope ya get it this time !!!  Man, you guys really give me grey hairs  :o

Yes, I'm aware you're particularly a CC fan, but I (perhaps in error) thought you recognized Soundgarden's greatness as well.  I think they're smashing (sans pumpkins even).  Since I really like Soundgarden and also have and like Temple of the Dog (which was spearheaded by CC), it won't take any arm-twisting to get me to check out CC's solo stuff -- I just haven't gotten to it yet since there's so much music to catch up on.  I personally found Audioslave not quite as good as Soundgarden, but it certainly isn't so blah that I don't want to hear what else CC has done.

Just Arrived:

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

A vinyl replacement, of course.  I was having withdrawal symptoms from not getting my regular Hogweed fix.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-07-29, 19:27:37
Genesis - Nursery Cryme

A vinyl replacement, of course.  I was having withdrawal symptoms from not getting my regular Hogweed fix.

Cool.  Good that you're reunited with Absent Friends ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Manatee

Just dowloaded (legally, of course):

Blind Ego - Mirror

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-07-29, 22:02:35
Just dowloaded (legally, of course):

Blind Ego - Mirror

Have fun!!! 8)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Manatee

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-07-29, 22:27:22
Sounds great so far!

Which is a relief.

having listened to Numb earlier I have decided I prefer Mirror

aswas

Bought The Visitor and Contagion from the Verglas Store. This is my first first purchase from them. In Jacksonville, I can't find any Arena. Hopefully there won't be any problem country to country. I will buy up all that is available. Peppers Ghost is awesome. Can't wait until Pendragon gets here. Really enjoy the site Dan
don't fly... too close to the sun

Manatee

Whee!

Just arrived - two digipaks of fun:

Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition

Frost* - Experiments in Mass Appeal

Bonus points to Amazon for shipping these in a padded envelope instead of a big cardboard box, which I'd have to shred and recycle.

Steve Jones

Whee!

Just arrived - one digipak of fun ;)

Beardfish - Destined Solitaire *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns*

Bonus points to Amazon for shipping this in a cardboard box, which I can recycle, instead of a padded envelope. ;) ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2009-08-01, 09:37:03
Whee!

Just arrived - one digipak of fun ;)

Beardfish - Destined Solitaire *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns*

Bonus points to Amazon for shipping this in a cardboard box, which I can recycle, instead of a padded envelope. ;) ;D

I sense that I am being mocked.  Beware, lest I come to England and replace your biscuits with similar-looking rounds of cardboard salvaged from old Amazon boxes.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Sat, 2009-08-01, 16:04:06
I sense that I am being mocked.

Surely, kind sir, you're not suggesting that I taketh the pith? ;)

Quote from: Manatee on Sat, 2009-08-01, 16:04:06
Beware, lest I come to England and replace your biscuits with similar-looking rounds of cardboard salvaged from old Amazon boxes.

Alas, I no longer eat biscuits - or even the cookies you so accurately describe.  Not since the doctor taketh the pith, and also the blood, and declareth me a fat b@st@rd :o ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2009-08-01, 17:21:40
Alas, I no longer eat biscuits - or even the cookies you so accurately describe.  Not since the doctor taketh the pith, and also the blood, and declareth me a fat b@st@rd :o ;)

There's a bright side to this: Amazon boxes are low in calories and have very little cholesterol.

aswas

Pendragon The Masquerade Overture
What a great choice for my first experience with them. The way that the guitars were recorded was spectacular. Listening on my headphones, the different riffs came from every part of the phones. You never knew where on the left, mid, top, bottom, side to side, everywhere. An electric guitar mid right with an acoustic quitar, top left. When I dig into our music, I try to feel and experience what the artists is feeling when they are playing. There was alot of thought put into the recording. A great experince, for me

The Butterfly Man

I just received a notification that Sylvan's new album has been sent out to me! *horns* It won't be in the shops until the end of September so those who pre-ordered it will have it almost 2 months prior to the releasedate! Great service and I really can't wait to hear the album. :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

aswas

Dream Theater- Black Clouds
Alot of stuff to absorb!!! Nothing unusual !!! That is the challenge. They are great!

maddox

Today i received the new Sylvan, Force Of Gravity.

Listened to it only once but my general impression is good.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Manatee

Just Arrived (by slow boat, apparently):

Magenta - Another Time... Another Place...

aswas

I will have to check out Sylvan. Seems to be popular in the room.

Iggy

My copy of Cautionary Tales arrived today. It is a late birthday present.  *horns*

aswas

That is next on my list, when I get some funds. Also want to add on some more Arena through Verglas. And Sylvan. My wish list is growing by the day. See what you guys have done? Its all good believe me.

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

Teunis

Guilt Machine - On This Perfect Day  8)

About to order:
Knight Area - Realm Of Shadows
Shadow Gallery - Digital Ghosts
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Manatee

Arrived today:

It Bites - The Tall Ships   (just released!  ???)

And, oh yeah,

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings (3 disc version)

I suppose you're all going to be insufferably pleased with yourselves now.  Okay, get it out of your systems.   :P

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-09-15, 23:18:03
I suppose you're all going to be insufferably pleased with yourselves now.  Okay, get it out of your systems.   :P

;D ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Steve Jones