News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

Today I received:

DeeExpus - Far From Home (Special edition DVD with bonus cd)

Great!

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-07-23, 18:23:42
Enslaved:  Vertebrae

Iggy, Jonesy, and Tomsy, I suggest you guys test this band  ;)

Thanks for the heads up Nicky, I'll check them out! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

funkster

Vertebrae is indeed a fine album

Now listening to Vigilante by Magnum

Bupie

Just ordered Joe Jackson's At the BBC. I hope it arrives within two weeks so I can take it with me in vacation  *horns*

Iggy

Just bought:

Nicky.

Not sure of how people get to this from Pink Floyd. A bit too growly for my liking but thanks for the Tip.

LP Wet Dreams by Rick Wright

maddox

Today i bought...

Pirates Of The Caribean ~ At Worlds End 2-disc special edition.  ;D

And Krezip 2CD/DVD Sweet Goodbye.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

aswas

IQ Frequency wit the bonus dvd
Arena Peppers Ghost Finally Cd Universe got some in The cd has been on backorder. Will come in  about an hour
don't fly... too close to the sun

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-07-24, 19:38:13
Pirates Of The Caribean ~ At Worlds End 2-disc special edition.  ;D

Awesome movie! Johnny Depp's acting in the whole trilogy is really great! *horns*

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2009-07-24, 20:00:10
Awesome movie! Johnny Depp's acting in the whole trilogy is really great! *horns*

Tom

I agree.  8)

erik

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-07-21, 22:48:06
I'm actually finding Discipline a bit challenging to start out with, but as we know a lot of the best prog takes several plays to really get it.  Red, which I just got a few weeks ago, clicked for me more immediately.
Yep do stick with it! It's a weird and wild album. Elephant Talk and Thela Hun Jinjeet do have a more immediate infectiousness I think. Good thing over Red is that it doesn't have a Providence kind of track on it, there's really no track that breaks the flow. I'm not sure which is better/I prefer. Red is maybe overall a (even) more bold album though and its got the splendid Starless.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Steve Jones

Beardfish - Från En Plats Du Ej Kan Se

Their first album.  This completes my Beardfish collection until tomorrow, when I'll also need the new one as well ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

aswas

Pendragon( my first cd by them) you guys have given me so many more prog alternatives on this site. Just have to get them one at a time as money allows. Really liked Frequency that came in Saturday. The DVD was gravy.Had never seem them before, and it was a full concert. They sounded great. The new keys player played like he been in the band since the get go.

Steve Jones

Soundgarden - Superunknown
Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2009-07-28, 10:18:15
Soundgarden - Superunknown

You bastard, until just now, I actually had a Nicky-approved album that you didn't!   Well worth owning though.   ;)
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-07-28, 10:22:16
You bastard, until just now, I actually had a Nicky-approved album that you didn't!   Well worth owning though.   ;)

Well, it was just a matter of time given that Amazon has a lot of Soundgarden/Audioslave/CC at bargain prices.  I just needed to wait until I remembered that fact whilst shopping! ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Quote from: aswas on Mon, 2009-07-27, 23:48:08
Pendragon( my first cd by them)

Which one ?

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2009-07-28, 10:18:15
Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever

You didn't have it ? You, the Steve Jones that we know ? Incredible ...  ;D

Manatee

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-07-28, 10:49:38

True, for a brief period, I actually had the same number of Transatlantic albums as he did!  I will get that one too, but there are a few things ahead of it on the queue.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-07-28, 10:49:38

Jones's Theorem states that for every CD you buy from your wants list, another two will appear in it's place.  Some days I get very depressed about the number of CDs I don't own.  Deep, dark, brooding depression.  My doctor has offered me tablets for this, but I'm holding out for Amazon gift vouchers.
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

I bought an external 1 TB harddrive, which isn't a CD not a dvd and definitely isn't an MP3 but worth to mention anyway.  ;D

PH

I finally bought me a legal copy of Vangelis' Bladerunner soundtrack.
Of course I had to buy the extended 3 disc (25th anniversary) edition!
It sounds really fantastic and I bought it for only fourteen pounds! In Harrods! ;D

And now for something else:

My brother (the one who never listens to (= hates) music) bought Dark Passion Play by Nightwish a few weeks ago without telling me! I found out last week in England, when he was secretly browsing the cd shop in Harrods, London. Probably desperately looking for some more Nightwish!
And he was so ashamed to tell me! ;D

There are still miracles in this world!

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-07-28, 17:29:25
I finally bought me a legal copy of Vangelis' Bladerunner soundtrack.
Of course I had to buy the extended 3 disc (25th anniversary) edition!
It sounds really fantastic and I bought it for only fourteen pounds! In Harrods! ;D

And now for something else:

My brother (the one who never listens to (= hates) music) bought Dark Passion Play by Nightwish a few weeks ago without telling me! I found out last week in England, when he was secretly browsing the cd shop in Harrods, London. Probably desperately looking for some more Nightwish!
And he was so ashamed to tell me! ;D

There are still miracles in this world!

CD's in Harrods whatever next?

I got thrown out of Harrods a few years ago for wearing ripped jeans which I thought was a bit unnecessary. I had never heard of a shop with a dress code. the doorman stayed to make sure i didn't go back in  ::)

How was the trip? Did you enjoy yourself? Are you dry yet?

PH

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-07-28, 17:41:06
I got thrown out of Harrods a few years ago for wearing ripped jeans which I thought was a bit unnecessary. I had never heard of a shop with a dress code. the doorman stayed to make sure i didn't go back in  ::)

I dunno how long ago that was, Iggy, but I've seen worse inside Harrods than outside. So I guess that the dress code has changed a bit.

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-07-28, 17:41:06
How was the trip? Did you enjoy yourself? Are you dry yet?

1. Good
2. Yes.
3. At the moment, yes.

There has been some moments in England where it smelled of sausages, so to speak, but overall the weather was ok with me. You should ask the weather if I was ok with him too.

The Butterfly Man

Nicky, I just visited their MySpace and listened to the songs 'Ground' and 'Ruun' and - even after only one listen - I think they are amazing! *horns*

Tom(sy)

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-07-28, 18:01:19
There has been some moments in England where it smelled of sausages, so to speak, but overall the weather was ok with me. You should ask the weather if I was ok with him too.

The weather up here in Shropshire has been disgusting since you arrived in the country.  I'm not saying there's a connection, of course! ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2009-07-28, 19:10:05
The weather up here in Shropshire has been disgusting since you arrived in the country.  I'm not saying there's a connection, of course! ;D

The weather here is actually quite good today so it must have been a (bizarre) coincidence Steve... ;D

Tom

aswas

Masquerade Overture. Any others played by Clive