News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Terrible indeed, wishing the French all the strength they need!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Draco chimera

Upset. I'm saddened by the news I hear and express my sincere compassion to the victims' families. At the same time, I'm angry at the people who get things mixed up and see Muslims as threats and Islam as a religion of war. Can't we just not jump to conclusion? Can't we just accept there are good and bad people among Muslims, just like everywhere else? This act was one of hate and ignorance, and yet there are still people to condemn it with more violence and more ignorance. I guess it's just so much easier tearing each other apart rather than trying to understand. Makes me sick.
Let your conscience decide !

Bupie

I feel a bit down under ... since I moved to Melbourne (Australia) two weeks ago to join my family that has settled there last August.

I don't intend to leave the Room but I guess that I will sometimes post at weird times from an European timetable perspective :)

It should also be rather difficult to attend prog rock gigs in a near future. But my main concern is to find a job sooner or later.

PH

That's a big change. So now we can call you Aussie! But wow, what a big step to take. Must have been a difficult decision, leaving everything behind?  Good luck to you.

Teunis

Wow, surprising. Good luck finding a suitable job. And let the Aussies hear some great prog music ;).

maddox

Quote from: Bupie on Sat, 2015-01-31, 01:17:37
I feel a bit down under ... since I moved to Melbourne (Australia) two weeks ago to join my family that has settled there last August.

I don't intend to leave the Room but I guess that I will sometimes post at weird times from an European timetable perspective :)

It should also be rather difficult to attend prog rock gigs in a near future. But my main concern is to find a job sooner or later.

Wow, Crocodile Bupie!!!  :o

Didn't see that one coming. ;)
Big change indeed, but a nice one!
Would like that as well, moving to a country like Australia. Or Canada.
Or any country that looks more stunning than the Flatlands. ;)

Have fun over there and hope you'll find a job very soon!  *horns*

And no, don't leave us!!!  :'(  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Bupie

It has been a tough decision, indeed, especially leaving my two older boys in France. But we are living in the world of Skype and effective international phone calls and the boys will pay a visit soon so it makes it more bearable ...

And no I won't leave you, promised.

Now I am going to watch the Superbowl. Since here it starts at 10 am, it will be the first time that I plan to see it entirely without falling asleep at one moment or the other.

Nicky007

Bupie, you continue to invent new ways to confound me. First it was discarding Nostradamus, then it was choosing the wrong Angra albums, and now it's this :P

What the hell are you doing in Oz ?

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Bupie

Right now ? Listening to Royal Hunt  ;) A random pick from my Melbourne's Ikea-already-assembled-and-filled-but-still-to-be-put-in order CD shelf

PH

Was it a Billy or a Gnedby shelf, Bupie?
And it's IKEA, all capital letters. An acronym of Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd.
Don't want to sound like a smartass but as an employee I just had to set straight this common mistake. ;)

I'm not feeling well. Got a thunderous head ache and my throat feels like sandpaper.

So I'm staying home today. Just got out of bed to (try to) eat something. But I'll probably get back into bed for the rest of the day... Listening to not too noisy music.

Nicky007

Seriously, Bupie, why did you and your family decide to move to Oz ? Have you gotten a job there ? Your wife ?

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2015-02-03, 00:30:12
Listening to Royal Hunt  ;)

Have you listened to Collision Course yet ?

Until you do so, you don't know how good RH can get. This album is one of the great masterpieces of rock *horns*

Am I still the only Roomie who has listened properly to this album - sleepyheads ;)

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2015-02-03, 11:55:54
Don't want to sound like a smartass but as an employee I just had to set straight this common mistake. ;)

Paxi, did you know that "ikea" means "home" in Greek - smartass  :P

Listening to not too noisy music.

Listening to noisy music:

NP  Saturnian:  Dimensions

Another great masterpiece that you guys would be listening to if you had any sense :P

I'm starting a FB Fan Group for this group and their till now only album - but what an album !!!

Just waiting for maestro Daniel Scrivener's biography of the group.

It screams to the heavens that this album should get out there *horns*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2015-02-03, 11:55:54
Was it a Billy or a Gnedby shelf, Bupie?
Brown Gnedby. It's very nice although I would have prefered to go for a local make ... but I am not the one who decides !

@ No, Collision Course is yet to be heard. It will come one day.

Nicky007

Bupie, are you spying for France ? ;)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2015-02-04, 21:27:55
Bupie, are you spying for France ? ;)

- Nicky

Of course.
The best kept secrets are hidden in Australia.
Everybody knows that.  ... ;)

#nowfeeling > Friggin' tired. ...  :-[

Teunis

Really sad. Just read that former bass guitar player Mike Porcaro from Toto has lost his battle against ALS today. R.I.P. Mike :'(.

Bupie

Yes, I saw it too. His suffering has come to an end. What a terrible disease he had ... RIP Mike, all Toto fans miss you as they miss your brother Jeff.

Teunis

Excited. Arena in two hours, can't wait  *horns* 8).

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2015-03-31, 17:44:23
Excited. Arena in two hours, can't wait  *horns* 8).

Lucky you!
You know you have to tell us all about it afterwards, right?

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2015-03-31, 17:50:04
Lucky you!
You know you have to tell us all about it afterwards, right?
I know and I will, don't worry :).

Teunis

Excited, two weeks of holidays from now. Tomorrow I'll attend the Toto gig in Amsterdam, seems a good start to me 8). On Monday we will travel to our favourite holidays country: Germany *horns*. Lots of delicious beer over there ;).

maddox

Good, yet with an ooze of tiredness surrounding my body.

Been busy on the boat for a couple of weeks, now it's out of the water, so now it's easier to paint the bottom of the boat. :)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2015-05-30, 16:27:33
now it's out of the water, so now it's easier to paint the bottom of the boat. :)

You wish you'd have thought about that earlier. ;D

maddox

PH

I feel good! Today I passed for my theory exam of the driving test. Bring on the practical test! I'm ready! ;D

Bupie

Thinking of you driving makes me think of the line "Dead nobodies in company cars" of Kino's Losers' Day Parade. But I don't know why ... And I still haven't really got the meaning of the lyrics of this one ...