News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Teunis, Thu, 2014-08-07, 19:58:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Couldn't find a topic about gigs. Seems a good idea to me to create a thread where we can discuss upcoming gigs or gigs with great memories from the past we want to share. Here are the gigs I attended:

Band                                                             Date             Venue          Location
Toto                                                            07/10/90    Ahoy'                   Rotterdam
Toto                                                            29/09/92    Rijnhal                   Arnhem
Toto                                                            15/11/95 Martinihal                   Groningen
Star One                                                    05/10/02    Lucky & Co           Rijssen
Toto                                                            15/02/03    IJsselhallen           Zwolle
Toto                                                     29/06/04  Podium                   Hardenberg
Pendragon                                            13/05/06    De Boerderij           Zoetermeer
IQ                                                            29/09/06    De Boerderij           Zoetermeer
IQ                                                            01/12/07 De Boerderij           Zoetermeer
Pendragon                                            04/10/08    De Boerderij           Zoetermeer
Steve Lukather & Friends                     28/02/09    De Lantaarn           Hellendoorn
Ulysses/Knight Area/Sons Of Seasons   20/11/09    Metropool               Hengelo
Arena                                                   13/10/10    De Boerderij           Zoetermeer
Gazpacho                                                   05/02/11    De Boerderij           Zoetermeer
Neal Morse                                           02/06/11    Hedon                   Zwolle
Anathema                                           10/07/11    P60                           Amstelveen
Knight Area                                           08/10/11    DRU Cultuurfabriek   Ulft
Gazpacho                                                   30/03/12    W2                           Den Bosch
Airbag                                                   22/03/14    Cacaofabriek           Helmond

It's a bit of a chaos but at least you get the idea. Don't know how to get it right, really tried ;).

I've preordered tickets for a gig on 27th September from the legendary band Focus with Thijs van Leer. He also guested on (an) Ayreon album(s). It's in my hometown, so I'll be walking to the venue. Never did that before as you can see.

Curious what you will post here ....  8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

funkster

Nice idea  :D

My gig going days are well behind me but here is a selection going back to the 12 10 1986 with the rest in no order as as am rubbish with dates

Iron Maiden x 3
Def leppard
The Cult
Faith no more
motorhead
Slayer
Anthrax
metallica x 2
David Bowie
Skid Row
David lee roth
Cinderella
Blur
Cast
Super furry animals xs
Gomez
Testament
Bjorn again
IQ
Marillion x2
Fish
Dan reed network
Red hot chilli peppers
Donnington - Black crowes , Queensryche , motley crue , metallica , ac/dc
Duran duran
roachford
Therapy
Jesse malin

I think that is about it and mixed bag eh

Teunis

Quote from: funkster on Fri, 2014-08-08, 12:24:05
I think that is about it and mixed bag eh
Impressive list and very mixed indeed. Thanks for sharing *horns*.

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2014-08-07, 19:58:27
I've preordered tickets for a gig on 27th September from the legendary band Focus with Thijs van Leer.
That was yesterday ... and I really enjoyed it! Though I didn't like every song, I enjoyed the skills of every single musician. All of them got the room to show them. The drummer is 68 years old, impressed what he showed last evening 8). Their hits 'Hocus Pocus' and 'Sylvia' were the highlights. Thijs van Leer announced all of the tracks in his special way with dry humour :).

And you? Any upcoming gigs or memories of gigs you want to share?

Teunis

Another one: Arena - 31th March - Hedon, Zwolle  *horns* 8). Just 15 kilometres away, just great 8),

Teunis

Yeah, tickets in the pocket for the Toto gig on 30th May 2015 in Amsterdam (Ziggo Dome) 8).

Teunis

My wife surprised me with a ticket for a gig on 19th December in Hedon - Zwolle: Kayak 8). It'll be one of the last gigs with lead vocalists Edward Reekers (who also sang with Ayreon) and Cindy Oudshoorn. Such a shame :-\.

Teunis

Just back from the Kayak gig, it was really excellent. What a great live band! Love this kind of symphonic music, Ton Scherpenzeel on keyboards really is a treat 8). Also the (harmony) vocals were awesome. Half of the setlist was from the new album Cleopatra ~ The Crown Of Isis and of course their greatest hit 'Ruthless Queen' was played. The mix between the vocals of mr. Edward Reekers and Cindy Oudshoorn was just perfect. Had a great evening *horns*. Now bring on the Arena gig at the same venue, just 15 kilometres away :).

Teunis

Just read on Facebook that the Dutch neo-progband 'Silhouette' will play in my hometown Kampen on 18th April. They released four albums so far: 'A-maze', 'Moods', 'Across The Rubicon' and 'Beyond The Seventh Wave'. It is very keyboard oriented music, love it. Will definitely attend this gig 8).

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2015-01-24, 09:30:54
Just read on Facebook that the Dutch neo-progband 'Silhouette' will play in my hometown Kampen on 18th April.
The support act has been announced: Cartographer. Also a Dutch band, which only plays instrumental prog. Let's hear if they can keep me interested, because after a while most instrumental music bores the pants off me ::).

There is a chance that I will attend the Gentle Storm gig @ Hedon Zwolle on 3rd April. Not sure though.

And you guys, any concerts on the roll?

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2015-02-28, 09:50:27

Was hoping to see Neal Morse in Zoetermeer but the concert is sold out.
That's it really.
Muse would be nice, but I won't buy a weekend ticket for Pink Pop just to see Muse.
*checks concert-news....
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Hmmm Neal Morse sold out? :( So that saves me the trouble of swapping shifts at work.

The Butterfly Man

Yes. Marillion Weekend in less than 3 weeks time! :D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Teunis

There is a chance that I will attend the Gentle Storm gig @ Hedon Zwolle on 3rd April. Not sure though.
Now it's 100% sure, another gig on Friday. Stream of Passion will be the support act. Exciting times 8).

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2015-04-01, 20:43:24
Now it's 100% sure, another gig on Friday: The Gentle Storm. Stream of Passion will be the support act. Exciting times 8).
And an astonishing gig it was. What a great singers are Marcela Bovio and Anneke van Giersbergen. And quality musicians were present on stage as well. It was *horns*. The Gentle Storm even played a few Ayreon tracks and some tracks from Anneke's former band 'The Gathering'. And a Devin Townsend track ;). Also 'Wish You Were Here' from Pink Floyd, just Anneke with an acoustic guitar was impressive! Had a great time, up to the next gig in two weeks!

Teunis

Attended a gig in my hometown yesterday evening. Two bands for the price of just 6 euros ;). Cartograper, a Dutch postrock band from Tilburg, The Netherlands opened the evening. Technically they were excellent and they had loads of fun on the stage, but it was not my kind of music. It was instrumental and after about three tracks it got boring. at least for me. But okay, the main reason I attended this gig was the second band: Silhouette, also from Holland and they're playing keyboard oriented neoprog. But also the guitarist got the room to shine. Really enjoyed their performance 8). The band received the iO-pages award yesterday. The fans voted last year's album  'Beyond The Seventh Wave' as the best Dutch 2014 album. You can hear it on on Progstreaming.

Teunis

Went to see Toto yesterday @ Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, which was sold out. Great venue by the way! What can I say: Toto proved once more why they are still my favourite band. Nice setlist, perfect sound and the band played really tight. Toto forever!

No definite plans for other gigs in 2015 yet. Probably Riverside on 17th October, Hedon Zwolle. Very tempting :).

Bupie

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2015-05-31, 10:10:19
Went to see Toto yesterday @ Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, which was sold out. Great venue by the way! What can I say: Toto proved once more why they are still my favourite band. Nice setlist, perfect sound and the band played really tight. Toto forever!

No definite plans for other gigs in 2015 yet. Probably Riverside on 17th October, Hedon Zwolle. Very tempting :).

I believe you  :) Toto XIV is still in the status of back order  >:( Seems that I will need to go back to France to finally get it ...

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2015-05-31, 10:10:19
Couldn't resist, purchased tickets for the above mentioned gig today. Looking forward to it, the track from the new album I heard and an other teaser are sounding very promising 8). It'll be the first time I'll see them live. Read a lot of great reviews from the people who saw them at Night Of The Prog (Loreley) last weekend.

Teunis

I attended the Riverside gig yesterday @ Hedon Zwolle. The support acts weren't my cup of tea, too metalish, but Riverside were in top form. They played a mix from new and old songs. Personal highlight for me was the song 'The Same River' from the debut album, goosebumps! They played for 1.45 hours. Mariusz Duda was impressive, both his bass skills and his voice. The sound was perfect, like always at this venue. Go and see them if you get the chance. Setlist yesterday:http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/riverside/2015/hedon-zwolle-netherlands-33f450ed.html.

funkster

Off to see Paradise Lost here in Liverpool on thursday

Teunis

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2015-11-09, 14:09:23
Off to see Paradise Lost here in Liverpool on thursday
Have fun!

Agent Fresco will perform on 9th December in Zwolle. Only 8,50 euro's, can't go wrong with that. Not 100% sure yet.

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2015-11-12, 19:08:23
Agent Fresco will perform on 9th December in Zwolle. Only 8,50 euro's, can't go wrong with that. Not 100% sure yet.
Now it is, purchased tickets yesterday evening.

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2015-11-29, 21:51:00
Now it is, purchased tickets yesterday evening.

Just checked a few vid's on youtube but they sound a lot like Leprous.
But then a bit less agressive.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2015-11-29, 22:38:19
Just checked a few vid's on youtube but they sound a lot like Leprous.
But then a bit less agressive.
Seconded. There's one track with growls/screams on 'Destrier', which is called 'Angst'. Fortunately only 1:30 minutes. It'll be skipped :).