News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Teunis, Thu, 2014-08-07, 19:58:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

The Agent Fresco gig yesterday was great. They played a short setlist (70 minutes), but quality is more important than quantity. Next gig ... don't know yet. Infloyd in February is tempting. I'm not fond of coverbands, but the real Pink Floyd won't play again. They'll be playing the Roger Waters album 'Amused To Death' and some PF classics.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

funkster

Exodus here in Liverpool at the beginning of March

Teunis

Prog Kampen on 16th April. It's the town where I live :). According to iO pages 'Aisles' will play, the support act is 'Profuna Ocean'. Don't know their music, but will certainly attend. Prog must be supported *horns* ;).

Teunis

Friday 13th May: Fischer Z @ Hedon Zwolle. Youth sentiments for me. Really like the 'golden oldies': 'Marliese', 'The Worker', 'Going Deaf For A Living' etc.

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2016-01-13, 19:38:03
Prog Kampen on 16th April. It's the town where I live :). According to iO pages 'Aisles' will play, the support act is 'Profuna Ocean'. Don't know their music, but will certainly attend. Prog must be supported *horns* ;).
Unfortunately Aisles cancelled  the European tour due to the attacks in Brussels. There will be an other date for this event later this year, October or November.

Peter

Tonight in Karlsruhe: Fish (+Band) playing Childhood for the last time.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2016-04-26, 12:06:48
Tonight in Karlsruhe: Fish (+Band) playing Childhood for the last time.

Already saw him performing Misplaced a few years back, in Utrecht.
He can't reach the high notes anymore, but the concert itself was quite good.
Hope you had a great time!
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

funkster

Onslaught are playing Chester in November for the 30th anniversary of the Force album so I might be tempted with that.

Teunis

Purchased ticket for The Pineapple Thief on 22th January @ Hedon Zwolle. More and more impressed by this band  8) *horns*.

Peter

Visited a Candy Dulfer concert with my son, who started playing Sax a year ago, on July 9th. Amazing woman, great band, very funky.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Just ordered a ticket for the concert of Airbag on 25th February @ Cacaofabriek, Helmond. Looking forward to it!

Teunis

The cancelled gig of 16th April from Aisles is now scheduled for 22th October. And my brother wants me to go with him to an Antimatter gig on 29th October in Apeldoorn (because he doesn't own a driver's license ;)). I still doubt. I do like the music, but it's an unplugged gig. After a while I always get bored. Still time left to think about it.

Bupie

I would say don't miss an opportunity to spend some quality time with your brother  ;)

Teunis

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2016-09-22, 09:20:49
I would say don't miss an opportunity to spend some quality time with your brother  ;)
My wife booked a weekend at a hotel on the occasion of our wedding day next week, so I can't go :).

Yesterday I attended a gig of two bands in my hometown: Profuna Ocean (Dutch band) and Aisles from Chile. Really enjoyed both performances, the latter one caused goosebumps with me :). Unfortunately there were just about 30 people to witness the concert ::). The people who stayed at home were so wrong ... But on Saturday's there are about 5 prog concerts in the country and as far as I'm concert the promotion left to be desired.

next stop: Symfo Classics on 29th December @ Hedon Zwolle.

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2016-10-23, 21:46:50
next stop: Symfo Classics on 29th December @ Hedon Zwolle.

That was yesterday :). Really enjoyed it. The name is what they do: playing symfo classics. Usually I'm not into cover songs, but you won't hear (most of) the songs by the original artists like Pink Floyd, Genesis, Styx, Supertramp anymore. It's a very nice way to experience those songs live. Highlights: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb and Genesis - Firth Of Fifth. Also a very great executed version of 'Child's Anthem' from Toto. Full setlist here if you're interested ;).

New gig added: The release show from the new Knight Area album 'Heaven And Beyond' which will be released on 10th February. The show in on 11th February @ De Boerderij, Zoetermeer 8).

And you, did you attend or have you planned gigs?

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2016-12-30, 14:44:44
That was yesterday :). Really enjoyed it. The name is what they do: playing symfo classics. Usually I'm not into cover songs, but you won't hear (most of) the songs by the original artists like Pink Floyd, Genesis, Styx, Supertramp anymore. It's a very nice way to experience those songs live. Highlights: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb and Genesis - Firth Of Fifth. Also a very great executed version of 'Child's Anthem' from Toto. Full setlist here if you're interested ;).

Glad you enjoyed it.

Still, these are all the greatest hits which have all been on the radio: Turn It On Again, Roundabout, Owner Of A Lonely Heart, Kayleigh, Comfortably Numb, Dust In The Wind. Not bad songs of course. But no real prog songs.

There are a few exceptions. Firth Of Fifth is of course a real classic in prog. Did they also play the piano intro?

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2016-12-30, 14:44:44
And you, did you attend or have you planned gigs?

Neither. I would have liked to go to the IQ gig past month, but was too busy with work. Also there's the ARW gig in (I think it was) February. That's Anderson Wakeman and Rabin, all of Yes. But, again, work is getting in the way, and I want to save my money a bit.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2016-12-30, 15:36:57
Still, these are all the greatest hits which have all been on the radio: Turn It On Again, Roundabout, Owner Of A Lonely Heart, Kayleigh, Comfortably Numb, Dust In The Wind. Not bad songs of course. But no real prog songs.
Agreed, but it was very enjoyable. This was Symfo Classics part 1, next year they'll come with a new setlist. Curious which songs they will play. I'll be there for sure :).

Quote from: PH
There are a few exceptions. Firth Of Fifth is of course a real classic in prog. Did they also play the piano intro?
Definitely, they played the whole track 8).

Quote from: PH
Neither. I would have liked to go to the IQ gig past month, but was too busy with work. Also there's the ARW gig in (I think it was) February. That's Anderson Wakeman and Rabin, all of Yes. But, again, work is getting in the way, and I want to save my money a bit.
Fair enough. Well, your time will come ;).

maddox

Two DT gigs for me this year.
Next month, Februari 8th, and after that April 25th.

And then I have the Ayreon gig on September 15th.

Plus possibly Deep Purple on the second of June.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Attended The Pineapple Thief @ Hedon Zwolle yesterday evening. Great evening, at least after the support act 'Godsticks' which was not my cup of tea  ;). They played all the tracks of 'The Wilderness'. What a great drummer Gavin Harrison is *horns*. First time I saw this band live, but hopefully not for the last time 8). Counting down to the next gig in 3 weeks, Knight Area :).

Teunis

Yesterday evening I attended the releaseshow from Knight Area's 'Heaven And Beyond'. The whole album was played. I bought the album before the show and had it signed by all the band members afterwards. Nice to talk to them too. Fortunately we booked a hotel, because it was snowing yesterday evening. Today the conditions were way better to travel home. It was awesome, best Dutch progband, but I am biased I'm afraid ;).

PH

I'm wondering whether I should consider going to Progdreams VI in De Boerderij in two weeks. Karnataka, Barock Project, Huis and Frost* are playing. The first two I don't know well enough and the last two are of course very good.

Choices...

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2017-02-18, 15:37:22
I'm wondering whether I should consider going to Progdreams VI in De Boerderij in two weeks. Karnataka, Barock Project, Huis and Frost* are playing. The first two I don't know well enough and the last two are of course very good.

Choices...
I would go if only I lived closer to this venue ;-). I don't like female fronted prog bands that much, but Karnataka is an exception. And Barock Project isn't bad at all. And I agree: Huis and Frost* both are *horns*.

Teunis

Attended a gig from Airbag in Helmond yesterday. It was a 160 kilometres drive, but it was well worth it. They played more than two hours in a great atmosphere. Really enjoyed it *horns*.

funkster

Tickets obtained to see Madness this Friday at Prenton Park.

Not seen them before but I am really looking forward to this  :D

Teunis

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2017-05-16, 14:39:55
Tickets obtained to see Madness this Friday at Prenton Park.

Not seen them before but I am really looking forward to this  :D
Cool, youth sentiments :).

No gigs booked yet, but Sympho Classic II (27th December) and Infloyd (2nd February 2018), both @ Hedon Zwolle are contenders.