News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2018-04-03, 12:16:51
I'm feeling ... like I'm yearning for some nice and warm weather.
Not too hot, but anything better than now.

Was out walking with shelter dogs for 2 hours, greatest weather, 22 degrees: just a little wind, all sunny. Exactly what we all need.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2018-04-03, 12:16:51
I'm feeling ... like I'm yearning for some nice and warm weather.
Not too hot, but anything better than now.

:o I thought the weather was pretty good today. I had all the windows open. A little bit windy perhaps.

PH

"How do you feel right now?"

Nervous...
I'm going to apply for another job within my company.
I'm very happy with where I am now, but I have to look forward and open up some perspectives.
I'm just hoping they'll grant me the opportunity and give me the job... I need a change.

erik

Disappointed that the Camel gig I was going to see yesterday got cancelled at the eleventh hour 😕
Due to health issues, hope Andy Latimer will recover soon and for a new date to see and hear Moonmadness!

How did the job application go Paco?
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

PH

Quote from: erik on Wed, 2018-06-06, 17:28:36
Disappointed that the Camel gig I was going to see yesterday got cancelled at the eleventh hour 😕
Due to health issues, hope Andy Latimer will recover soon and for a new date to see and hear Moonmadness!

That's not good... :( I hope the issues aren't too serious. I was really into "The Snow Goose" a while ago. Wonderful music. Any albums you can recommend?

Quote from: erik on Wed, 2018-06-06, 17:28:36
How did the job application go Paco?

What a coincidence. As if you knew! Today I had the job interview and I think it went rather well. I always find it hard to 'sell myself'. And some of the questions were difficult to find out where the interviewer wanted to go. But I showed my knowledge of MS Excel and I hope that did the trick. There are thirteen other applicants, so wow... I hope I made an impression. And hopefully a good one...

erik

That is a funny coincidence indeed 😊
Good to hear it went well and hope you get good news soon!

Not many details but I gathered it is a case of laryngitis and he will be on the mend. Hopefully the new date for the gig will be on a date that I can attend. Went to the pub instead with the friend I was going to the gig with and still had a good time, talked more than we could have done at the gig 😉 But it was not what we had set out for obviously 😕

Their first four albums are excellent (Camel, Mirage, Snow Goose and Moonmadness), they made many more including a lot of good ones based on what I read, but of those I only have Rajaz
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

erik

It's looking good!

QuoteLast Tuesday unfortunately the show of Camel could not take place. In the meantime the singer is getting better and we want to thank you all for understanding and the wishes for him to get well. Meanwhile a new date has been set. The date of the Camel show is moved to Wednesday August 29th 2018.
[/unquote]
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Iggy

Quote from: erik on Wed, 2018-06-06, 20:39:30
That is a funny coincidence indeed 😊
Good to hear it went well and hope you get good news soon!

Not many details but I gathered it is a case of laryngitis and he will be on the mend. Hopefully the new date for the gig will be on a date that I can attend. Went to the pub instead with the friend I was going to the gig with and still had a good time, talked more than we could have done at the gig 😉 But it was not what we had set out for obviously 😕

Their first four albums are excellent (Camel, Mirage, Snow Goose and Moonmadness), they made many more including a lot of good ones based on what I read, but of those I only have Rajaz

Fingers crossed for the new job Paco. I also enjoy Harbour of Tears

PH

Bummer... One of the other thirteen applicants is going to get the job. Got a call today that it wasn't me. I'm a bit disappointed, and I felt truly miserable for a few moments. But I'm good now. :) I'm sure there will be more chances in the future.

erik

Tough luck Paco! But you gave it your best try and there was a lot of competition, better next time!!
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Iggy

Sad

The deaths of 2 greats today Stirling Moss who as my friend said 'turned his final corner doing 90'
And Tim Brooke Taylor who was in one of my favourite childhood comedies The Goodies.

Iggy

Again I am feeling sad for all of the people in Netherlands, Belgium and Germany who have been affected by the horrendous weather. I do hope you are all safe and well.

Teunis

Thanks Iggy, I'm okay. The problems are in the south, I'm living in the middle of The Netherlands.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Iggy

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2021-07-16, 19:24:18
Thanks Iggy, I'm okay. The problems are in the south, I'm living in the middle of The Netherlands.

That is good to know. Hopefully it will stop raining soon.

Peter

I've been on this planet for 49+years now, and I feel like the bad news are getting more, .... or am I just more alert?

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2021-08-30, 18:32:44
I've been on this planet for 49+years now, and I feel like the bad news are getting more, .... or am I just more alert?

In one month from now, you can call me Abe.  :P ;D
50 years young. lol
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

For the first time, I might have gotten a glimpse of what it must feel like when a musician finds out that his work was stolen and/or reused. That a Facebook group carries the same name as this forum might be total coincidence, but ... actually, I don't think so. I don't own a copyright or anything to the name - but this simply feels cheap. Could have at least asked/informed us/me... or have I overseen/forgotten anything...?

Teunis

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2021-12-05, 19:30:17
That a Facebook group carries the same name as this forum might be total coincidence, but ... actually, I don't think so. I don't own a copyright or anything to the name - but this simply feels cheap. Could have at least asked/informed us/me... or have I overseen/forgotten anything...?
I also wondered that. I'm a member of that Facebook group and thought that you were maybe one of the founders ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Oh wow, that sucks, Peter. Not very thoughtful of them, to say the least.

I was really upset by the (now old) news that David Longdon has had an accident and died. Big Big Train will never be the same again... :'(

maddox

I'm doing good!
Had some issues last months (Inlaws, my missus, myself) but things are getting better and better.
Today I'm off until 10pm. A four-day nightshift awaits.
I really like these shifts 'cos I'm more of a night/late guy. Mornings are horrendous.

maddox

I'm feeling.... Not good. :'(
My wife died a month ago and altho I'm trying to pick up the pieces, got two kids, it is sometimes hard.
I'm trying to be happy, I know my wife wanted it that way and I know it's only been a month but I feel sad.
There's really no way to describe my sadness...

erik

That is devastating, so sorry to hear this, Maddox. I hope you find comfort in those around you and here in the room we are there for you.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2023-07-07, 19:54:56I'm feeling.... Not good. :'(
My wife died a month ago and altho I'm trying to pick up the pieces, got two kids, it is sometimes hard.
I'm trying to be happy, I know my wife wanted it that way and I know it's only been a month but I feel sad.

Dear maddie, I wish you all the power that you need to get through this. It's a good stance to say that she wanted you to be brave. And please do yourself a favor: if need be, go seek for professional help! I know that it's frowned upon, but that's unimportant if it helps you.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2023-07-07, 19:54:56I'm feeling.... Not good. :'(

Oh Maddox....  :'(  :'(  :'(
What terrible news. Heartbreaking. :'(
I wish you and your kids all the strength you need!

maddox

Thanks for the kind words, boyz.
Three months on and it still sucks, obviously.
When I cry, it hurts more than hitting a concrete wall but it does, strangely, makes me feel better.
Little steps, can't do anything at once. We're gonna make it, but I wish the hurting would stop or at least be a bit manageble...