News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena fans, you may also like this ...

Started by jaguar, Wed, 2005-06-01, 19:55:49

Previous topic - Next topic

jaguar

Hi there from Also Eden - a shiny new UK prog band. We were to have played progSfest in October (Arena were on the Friday, we were playing the Saturday), but as the event is now cancelled, we've come to you here!

Please check out our new website, www.alsoeden.com ; there are a few mp3 samples and one full track on there from our album demos. We'd be very pleased to get your opinions.

Cheers, Also Eden

gelert

Well, I for one would buy it.

Chug-a-chugga axe c/w mellontro and Maus organ gets me every time...!

----> RPWL ----> early Marylion ----> early Citizen Cain ----> Bendragno "anthemic" ----> good = purchase...!

Put a link onto your website for "pre-orders"...let us (me) know when you've done that, and I'll sign-up.
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

keyboardistmatt

I like it!  It's very good, let me know when that album's done! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Noah

Moonloop

Yeah, I'll probably have one of them..!!

Post when something's available as I'll forget otherwise  ::)

Cheers  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

gelert

Quote from: Moonloop on Tue, 2005-06-07, 10:09:53
Yeah, I'll probably have one of them..!!

Post when something's available as I'll forget otherwise  ::)

Cheers  ;D

That'll be the new Baseball Cap slogan then....

Too Many Railway Stations...Too Little Town...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2005-06-07, 21:23:36

Now where's that "banging head against wall" emoticon when you need it  ;) ;D

jaguar

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2005-06-07, 21:23:36

Thanks for the kind words, chaps; it's very encouraging. I just wish I understood all the references ...

gelert

I think that you had to be there, Jaguar...

(Especially on a deserted railway-station platform, completely uncontaminated by free beer...!)

That notwithstanding, release the CD...

Moonloop

Yes, the CD. Release the CD so we can stop talking about railway stations and the lack of free beer  ;D

gelert

Yo, Jaguar...

I'd advise your Marketing Department to avoid organising a CD-Launch Party at Northern Railway Stations...

...because it appears that there will always be ONE MORE Railway Station in Northern Towns, than is shown on ANY map...

...and only at THAT Railway Station, will free beer be available...

...er, it sez 'ere...  ;D

jaguar

So, chaps, the plan is ...

launch the CD on a disused railway station, somewhere oop north with loads of free beer.

Might just work ...

I'll bring the marketing department up to speed when it gets back from the pub!

gelert

Quote from: jaguar on Thu, 2005-06-09, 22:36:49
So, chaps, the plan is ...

launch the CD on a disused railway station, somewhere oop north with loads of free beer.

Might just work ...

I'll bring the marketing department up to speed when it gets back from the pub!

Might work...? It will work...!

Quote from: Moonloop on Thu, 2005-06-09, 09:14:56
Yes, the CD. Release the CD so we can start talking about railway station locations and the massive quantities of free beer that will be available...

What he said...!

jaguar

The cunning plan now revolves around launching our first album at The Summer's End Festival in Gloucester, Sept 17th (plug, plug!). Festival site at http://www.summerend.co.uk - there's beer and Gloucester has a station, so we're nearly there ...   ;)

Moonloop

Quote from: jaguar on Thu, 2005-07-21, 21:24:17
The cunning plan now revolves around launching our first album at The Summer's End Festival in Gloucester, Sept 17th (plug, plug!). Festival site at http://www.summerend.co.uk - there's beer and Gloucester has a station, so we're nearly there ...   ;)

Sept 17th......

Think that clashes with the new Quo album. Best to rethink, you don't want to harm your first week sales  ;)

oh, btw, hope you're doing a limited edition individually numbered and signed digibook format with bonus DVD  :D

jaguar

If we don't speed the recording process up a little, they'll be VERY limited edition, personally signed and fresh off the CD burner on  my PC!

With regard to the bonus DVD, never ask a band for anything visual until you've seen what they look like!  8)

Moonloop

Quote from: jaguar link=topic=298.msg4092#msg4092 date=1122046747

With regard to the bonus DVD, never ask a band for anything visual until you've seen what they look like!  8)
quote]

Point taken  ;D

No lush female backing singers then  ;)

Moonloop

Ian Lay

Doesn't look it's out according to the website.  I've just found this thread and I'm listening to the mp3 files on the website now.  I must admit I'm quite taken by the music..

At times they sound like early Arena and there is a passage in "Between" that is so fish-era Marillion it's untrue.

But they still seem to create a sound of their own.

Looking forward to when the album comes out.

Cheers,

Ian
Worrying is like a rocking chair, it takes you for a ride, but gets you nowhere.

jaguar

Nearly finished ... almost ... sort of ...

Struggling with lack of funds and facilities at present, but hope to be sorted by Christmas (but not saying which Christmas).

Gig in London on November 6th, though, if any of yooze are close.

Cheers, Huw

Ian Lay

I live in Harlow so may be able to get down to it.  Where in London?

Cheers,

Ian
Worrying is like a rocking chair, it takes you for a ride, but gets you nowhere.

jaguar

THe Hayfield on the Mile End Road - full address on www.alsoeden.com

Great to see you there!!!  ;D

Moonloop

Quote from: jaguar on Tue, 2005-09-27, 23:24:56
Nearly finished ... almost ... sort of ...

Struggling with lack of funds and facilities at present, but hope to be sorted by Christmas (but not saying which Christmas).

Gig in London on November 6th, though, if any of yooze are close.

Cheers, Huw

Thanks for the update. Why not 'do a Marillion' and pre-sell..?? You may even get as much as £50 off this forum  ;)

Ian Lay

Thanks for the address.  I will try to make it.  Moonloop's idea is not a bad one.  I think you would get a few from this forum who would purchase.

Cheers,

Ian

Moonloop

Quote from: Ian Lay on Wed, 2005-09-28, 23:32:18
Thanks for the address.  I will try to make it.  Moonloop's idea is not a bad one.  I think you would get a few from this forum who would purchase.

Cheers,

Ian

See wot I mean, that's 2 of us already  ;D