News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Any "Lana Lane" fans out there..??

Started by Moonloop, Fri, 2005-03-18, 10:31:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

Did I miss something? Where did Arjen or Nick get in this discussion ???
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Melo

I was just rambling... about the decency of Arjen as against the lack of professionalism of the Lana Lane/Eric combine... just rambling tis all  ;D

Moonloop

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2005-04-25, 22:48:44
Did I miss something? Where did Arjen or Nick get in this discussion ???

See 4th post on this thread (from Peter) which was

"here's the thread..."

That's explains where Arjen comes into the Lana Lane discussion.
:)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Melo

Quote from: Moonloop on Tue, 2005-04-26, 08:58:22
See 4th post on this thread (from Peter) which was

"here's the thread..."

That's explains where Arjen comes into the Lana Lane discussion.
:)

Ah thank you.. was quite sure I had not rambled aimlessly - but since I am prone to taking discussions down a competely different path, I assumed I had done it once again  ::)

Saryna

Speaking of Arjen's Universal Migrator, I loved Clives contributions on both cds.  Quite good. A very hypnotic album and I loved also Lana's "Queen" song.   Very powerful.  She's an incredible vocalist.  Secrets of Astrology is a classic.

As for the 'unprofessional' content on the liner notes(I don't know if it was on a Lana cd or an Erik cd)I agree, no matter what happens behind the scenes, it's always good practice to present the art free from behind the scenes negativity if you can help it.  Keep it a pure experience and fantasy escape for the audience.  Respectful of one another and after all, we all evolve and change our perspectives as we move on and hopefully things are just temporary and artists can remain good friends in the long run.

On the other hand, you can't believe everything you read. I do know the other side of the story(of what I'm told) and there was quite a bit of anger there.  Burning bridges is never good, even if it's deserved though.  I'm not judging either way, or whether it's deserved or not.  I just think it's sad because they both could have been good friends and are probably very much alike in alot of ways.  They obviously admired each other once upon a time.

Teunis

Quote from: Saryna on Mon, 2005-05-23, 09:50:32
I just think it's sad because they both could have been good friends and are probably very much alike in alot of ways.  They obviously admired each other once upon a time.

I agree. It's a pity, I got familiar to Erik and Lana's music through Ayreon. I didn't buy the live album 'Return to Japan' because Arjen's contribution was mixed away and a certain Peer Verschuren did play those guitar parts instead. That can't be IMO. But when the new Rocket Scientists album is released, I'll be the first one to buy it :D.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Deenfan

I don't have the answer to any of this Lana Lane / Arjen stuff, but putting that on an album sleeve just reeks... It's not graceful at all, even if it was the undisputable truth. You move on, don't you? Anyone like to have it there forever? People make up now and again, too, and if that happened in this case, it'd still be there in the booklet. To me, a monument, a bigger statement than some comments in an interview or something.

Anyway, Erik Norlander is one of my favourite keyboardists. A freak thing, really, 'cause I don't particularly appreciate those he sound most like. There's something to his music, I guess...

Saryna

Did anyone happen to go to the Swedish Rock Festival and see Lana and Erik?  If so, how was it?  I was trying to get there.

Nicky007

Quote from: Peter on Fri, 2005-03-18, 12:41:10
Something seems to have happened later on in the formerly good relation between Lana and Arjen, involving some bad taste in comments about Arjen on a cover of one of Lana's albums...

If that's the case, somebody must have the album booklet with these comments. It would be very interesting to have the exact wording. LL collectors, please look through your album booklets.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Proglady

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2007-06-04, 22:53:29
If that's the case, somebody must have the album booklet with these comments. It would be very interesting to have the exact wording. LL collectors, please look through your album booklets.

Nicky.

Hi Nicky007, did you read this thread??? http://www.ayreon.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=378

maddox

Quote from: Proglady on Mon, 2007-06-04, 23:14:33
Hi Nicky007, did you read this thread??? http://www.ayreon.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=378

Well, i just read it.  :o

Never knew that. Always thought that Arjen and Erik/Lana were pretty good friends. I'm really surprised here. And shocked by the way. What were they thinking?

Clearly not straight.  :-\
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Good grief!!! What awful manipulations and backbiting they have committed, Lana Lane and Erik Norlander. It's so sad to read how hard it's been for Arjen.

Shouldn't we agree to give LL and EN a quarantaine in The Shattered Room? And express our support of Arjen? I'm sure Appelmoes would be happy to deliver a personal note to him.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

Arjen is an artist that actually takes time EVERY day to check, read and reply to his emails. So you can email him yourself ;) That's part of what makes Arjen such a fantastic artist. He doesn't only make good music, he's a good person too.

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

I really don't know him yet, Appelmoes. Just starting to listen to his stuff. He's probably too busy to make his own appelmoes, so he would probably be thrilled by having you dish up some for him. You could probably greet him from several friends here.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Proglady

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2007-06-04, 23:30:17
Good grief!!! What awful manipulations and backbiting they have committed, Lana Lane and Erik Norlander. It's so sad to read how hard it's been for Arjen.

Shouldn't we agree to give LL and EN a quarantaine in The Shattered Room? And express our support of Arjen? I'm sure Appelmoes would be happy to deliver a personal note to him.

Nicky.

Hm, but guys keep in mind that this happened in early 2004, a long time has past by since then!  ::)

Peter

That relation would be a nice observation field for a psychologist. I really like Lana's work with Arjen, but I don't really find any of her own albums or any of Erik's albums worth buying...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Crazy Diamond

I'm fairly new to Lana Lane's music so was not aware of any of the bad feeling between them and Arjen and from what I've now seen it seems to me that her and Erik Norlander have behaved very badly. Whatever the reasons for their fallling out, this type of thing should not be aired in public - It seems very unproffessional to me... This sort of thing belongs to the popular music business.... prog musicians should be better than that (and I think the vast majority are!).

Will think twice before I send any of my hard earned money their way again !

CD

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Proglady on Mon, 2007-06-04, 23:51:05
Hm, but guys keep in mind that this happened in early 2004, a long time has past by since then!  ::)
The're still not friends ;)

My drawings on MySpace