News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Fates Warning

Started by maddox, Thu, 2013-08-01, 21:29:42

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Un-be-liev-able!!  :o :o

On this, multi musical forum, there isn't a single thread about progmetal pioneers Fates Warning!!! :'( :'(

Let's change that, shall we? ;)

With some good news!
News we've all been waiting for since the last album FWX, released in ... 2004!!  :o :o

And now, almost ten years later a new album is about to surface;

Darkness in a Different Light

Quote from: Fates WarningFATES WARNING – Reveal new album title, artwork and release date; Announce tourdates!

U.S. Progressive Metal pioneers FATES WARNING have finally returned with their first studio album release in about a decade! Entitled "Darkness In A Different Light", the album will be released on September 30th, 2013 in Europe and October 1st, 2013 in North America via InsideOutMusic.

"Darkness In A Different Light" is FATES WARNING's first album of new material since the release of "FWX" in 2004 and also marks the first release for the band's stellar current line-up of Ray Alder (vocals), Jim Matheos and Frank Aresti (guitars), Joey Vera (bass) and Bobby Jarzombek (drums).

The album was produced by Matheos and mixed by long time FATES WARNING engineer Phil Magnotti, while mastering was handled by Maor Appelbaum at Maor Appelbaum Mastering, California.
The (above pictured) artwork for the album was designed by Conte di San Pietro.

FATES WARNING vocalist Ray Alder checked in with a comment as follows:

"Darkness in a Different Light" is the result of almost two years of very hard work from everyone in the band.
I believe that this line-up is the best that Fates has ever had, and I also think that it comes through in the music on this album. It's been almost nine years since our last studio album and I couldn't be more proud of what we've accomplished here.
We are looking very much forward to playing some new songs for our fans who have stuck by us over all these years. We plan on touring as much as possible for "Darkness in a Different Light" and hopefully we'll hit a few places we've never been...

Indeed, FATES WARNING already have headlining touring runs confirmed for October in Europe and November/December in North America, with further live activity to follow in 2014.
(See below for complete list of tour dates)

More details about "Darkness In A Different Light" will follow in the coming weeks...

For tour dates, check their site. :)

I'm thrilled!
A new album of one of the prog metal icons the world has!  *horns*
And such a long time has passed.

Opinions please. ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Never heard a single album by them. Yes, I feel a bit ashamed to say so.
But I really love OSI. Really like Jim's guitars there.
Which albums are really a must-have and why? What should I expect?

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2013-08-01, 21:29:42
Un-be-liev-able!!  :o :o

On this, multi musical forum, there isn't a single thread about progmetal pioneers Fates Warning!!! :'( :'(

Let's change that, shall we? ;)

Right, Mad  ;)

With some good news!

Darkness in a Different Light

Sure is  *horns*

Thanx, Mad  :)

" ... line-up of Ray Alder (vocals), Jim Matheos and Frank Aresti (guitars), Joey Vera (bass) and Bobby Jarzombek (drums)"

Great line-up  8)

Opinions please. ;)

Yup - gotta do a few other bands first: Outworld, Meshuggah, Jeff Loomis ....  :)

I have all ten FW studio albums, all the way back to Bröcken, + the wonderful Still Life, with a wonderful full live version of Gray  *horns*

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2013-08-01, 22:15:59
Never heard a single album by them. Yes, I feel a bit ashamed to say so.

I'd say so  :o

Otoh, you'r good at picking up, Paxi, once you get your hagena** movin  ;)

Which albums are really a must-have and why?

A Pleasant Shade of Gray is a super album - atmospheric, melodic, cohesive, with a great build-up - good starter album.

!989-97 is my fave period with FW, with the albums Perfect Symmetry (1989), Parallels (1991), Inside Out (1994), and A Pleasant Shade of Gray (1997).

What should I expect?

Very discreet, elegant metal, slow grower, doesn't impress at first listen, but after a while ....  *horns*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Bupie

Don't expect keyboards, though, unless at rare occasions. And I sometimes miss them badly in FX music  :P

I would advice you to pick Parallels for a first contact.

Nicky007

Actually Gray has the great Kevin Moore on keyboards - all thru - while the live version on Still Life has Jason Keazer on keys (donno him)  *horns*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

First listen to the new album and it is pretty decent