News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Apple Pie from Kursk

Started by Proglady, Sun, 2007-07-22, 13:56:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Proglady

Hi Folks!

I have a recommendation for you, it's Apple Pie from Kursk / Russia. Their music is progressive and very melodic.  8) I just bought their CD "Crossroads" from http://www.justforkicks.de and I love it!  *horns*

Soundsamples you will find here http://www.myspace.com/applepieprogband

maddox

Good one Proglady. I already ordered it.  :D

It is frequently mentioned around here.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Proglady

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2007-07-22, 14:05:56
Good one Proglady. I already ordered it.  :D

It is frequently mentioned around here.  ;)

You did post it yesterday in your listening profile.  :D I told you yesterday, you are a man with a good taste!  :D *horns*

PH

If you like a Pie, you should try that other Pie too.
Magic Pie (from Norway).

Apple Pie sounds very good indeed! But I prefer Magic over Apples (sorry Applemoes??, maybe if you change your name to Magicmoes?? or something... ;) )

PH

OH SHIT!!! This band is really even better than I thought! :o
A bit of Crossroad sounds like Blind Faith from Dream Theater though. ;)
And many other bits are very much plagiarism of Spock's Beard actually.

But this is indeed a very nice treat! From Russia... Didn't see that coming... :D

Thanks a lot for the recommendation! Now I need to buy it... I'm left with nearly no money... ;D

Appelmoes??

Anything with apples rocks :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Yeah, we need a new genre:
Apple Rock
And then we obviously get Progressive Apple and Metal Apple along with it.
Space Apple perhaps.
Heck, we could even start on the Country Apple Rock and the Irish Apple Reels.

It's an apple world! *horns*

(I love apples by the way. Actually I am eating one right now!)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2007-07-22, 21:58:39
(I love apples by the way. Actually I am eating one right now!)
>:(

;)

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Hey, PH, that was real funny: Apple Rock, Space Apple etc. - very innovative. I like those apples. Maybe Cap and I won't hang you after all.

So young and so funny, your humor could get real hot along the way. Maybe you could even get the Talebans to laugh out of their beards one day.

Motto: Make laugh, not war!

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

I'm glad I finally reached your frequency, Nicky...

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

PH

For him! ;D

To me this means that I won't have to try that hard to be funny... ;)

maddox

So like i said in the 'now playing' thread: Today i received the cd of Crossroad. Like i said before, it's very good. The missing link between Spocks Beard and Dream Theater. These are very talented guys, i tell you.  :D

But....

and here it comes...

They definitely should work on their English. It's even worse that mine.  :o [/shock-multiplied by 2]

A little piece of advice: if you ever listen to their album, don't read the lyrics at the same time.  :-\
And that's a big dipper.  :(

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2007-07-25, 21:10:14
It's even worse that mine.

You certainly sound like you struck a mine, PH. Fortunately we know that you can do better  ;D

> A little piece of advice: if you ever listen to their album, don't read the lyrics at the same time.  :-\

Drink some vodka instead. That helps with everything.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-07-25, 23:10:54You certainly sound like you struck a mine, PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-07-25, 23:10:54Drink some vodka instead. That helps with everything.

You clearly had some already...

maddox

Proglady

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2007-07-25, 21:10:14
So like i said in the 'now playing' thread: Today i received the cd of Crossroad. Like i said before, it's very good. The missing link between Spocks Beard and Dream Theater. These are very talented guys, i tell you.  :D

But....

and here it comes...

They definitely should work on their English. It's even worse that mine.  :o [/shock-multiplied by 2]

A little piece of advice: if you ever listen to their album, don't read the lyrics at the same time.  :-\
And that's a big dipper.  :(

Hm, I have to listen and Read the album again. If your right.....  ::), we should not forget, that in Russia they don't teach english in school.

maddox

Quote from: Proglady on Fri, 2007-07-27, 22:20:44
Hm, I have to listen and Read the album again. If your right.....  ::), we should not forget, that in Russia they don't teach english in school.

You're right about that. Unfortunately it shows but the music and the ideas they've put in their arrangements is still beyond doubt. Like i said they are very talented.   :D