News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Jobs

Started by Nicky007, Tue, 2009-03-24, 15:02:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

So I just started my new job today.

It's a substitute job, but if all goes well, it will become permanent.

It's the first real job I'v had for seven years. During those years I was unemployed, in the psychiatric ward, at courses, in re-trainig, and extended re-training. At the half-year job with lawns and bushes, I worked like the fully employed, but formally I was in re-training.

So it feels good  8)

I work for a firm called Sahva, which produces, imports, and distributes aids for handicapped people of all sorts, like they make shoes and socks for people with disabled feet and legs. I got the job thru my "wheelchair job". At Sahva, I'm in the storage, delivery and packing department. We're only four guys (one woman) working manually there. The supervisor, who I deal directly with, is a guy called Rune, about 45 y/o. He plays electric guitar too, earlier in metal bands, and now in a gypsy-jazz band ala Django Reinhardt. He likes AIC, Rush, In Flames, and the likes  ;D  altho he's not into proggier groups like Queensrÿche and Nevermore. He doesnt know Arena at all. Well, only few people in Dk do  :(  Guess I have to do somethin about that  :)

So, guys, probably some of you have more exciting jobs than I have. Would be great to hear somethin about your jobs, just what you feel comfortable about tellin us.

And if you wanna tail us about good b***jobs, this is the place too (eagerly awaitin here)  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Hey congratulations! :)

So it seems you think it was about time to do something with your life! :D ;)
And I guess you and your supervisor will get along just fine. Great!
Keep it up! *horns*

I don't have a job.
I used to stock shelves for three years, but it was killing my back, so I stopped.
Not really a big problem, cause it gave me more time to focus on school and such. ;)

So, yeah, I'm still a student. I'm trained to become a teacher.
It's somewhat of a lazy job, but then again, there's much to do. It depends on how you look at it.
At the moment I spend two days at college, being educated. And two days internship at a secondary school, teaching those little bastards about biology. ;D
The fact that there's much leisure time is great, but being in front of a class can be very heavy.
There's much to learn for me. And sometimes (like today) I come back from school and I feel very very VERY tired.
But nothing beats the feeling of having a great day, spending time with all these interesting young boys and girls, trying to learn them something, and learning from them. :) :) :)

-Paco

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-03-24, 16:12:04
The fact that there's much leisure time is great, but being in front of a class can be very heavy.

Don't complain too much. Think of the guys/girls that have been in charge of Nicky's re-training  ;D

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-03-24, 16:44:04
Think of the guys/girls that have been in charge of Nicky's re-training  ;D

Us Roomies, you mean? ;) ;D ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Bupie

Teunis

Congrats Nicky and good luck with your new job!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Nicky007

Thanks, Paxi and Teunis  :)

If you guys ever need shoe inlays or a real mushy breast, then I'l send ya some for free. Bups and Jonesy will be charged double fare  :P

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-03-24, 16:12:04
Keep it up! *horns*

Only with Ms 007  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Congrats, mr. Brown.  ;)

May your new job give you so much money that you can buy the best prog-albums ever existed.  ;D  ;)

On topic:

Funny thing though that the only two who has shared what they are doing right now are Nicky and Paco.  :D

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-03-25, 11:58:15
Congrats, mr. Brown.  ;)

Thanks, Mad  :)

May your new job give you so much money that you can buy the best prog-albums ever existed.  ;D  ;)

That's the main reason why. I don't wanna lose to Jonesy 1 & 2  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

Congrats, mr. Brown.  ;)

On topic:

Funny thing though that the only two who has shared what they are doing right now are Nicky and Paco.  :D

OK then I work in IT doing consultancy/supporty type things.

I haven't always worked in IT at one stage I was a useful member of society.  ;D

And congrats from me too Nicky.

Steve Jones

OK then.  I don't generally do the whole 'talk about my job' thing because I come online to get away from it!  However, as this is a small forum and I feel guilty about not joining in, I'll confess that I do computery softwarey things.  Everything I've been involved in over the last 2 years is military and classified as 'top secret' anyway, which is as good an excuse not to talk about it as any. ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2009-03-25, 14:24:15
Everything I've been involved in over the last 2 years is military and classified as 'top secret' anyway ...

So when will Britannia rule over her colonies again ?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can