News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

rocker666

Started by rocker666, Sun, 2005-10-09, 16:42:52

Previous topic - Next topic

rocker666

Well, as the name suggests I started as a metal fan, branching more and more into prog now....

Top listened to bands are :

Top 10  (in no order)
Threshold
Queensryche
Savatage
Fates Warning
Dream Theater
Iced Earth
Porcupine Tree
Opeth
Mostly Autumn
Nightwish

The Rest
Angel Dust
Ayreon
Blaze
The Cult
Dead Soul Tribe
Def Leppard
Dire Straits
Disturbed
Evergrey
Guns N Roses
Iron Maiden
Linkin Park
Pink Floyd
Shadowkeep
Soil
Spock's Beard
oh and others lol, they are the ones with multiple albums residing on my iPod. I also have a thing for female vocalists - Katie Melua, Norah Jones, Kate Bush, Sugababes (don't laugh, took my wife to see them live and they are stunningly good vocalists...and definitely not "miming")

Si

PS. yes, I know Arena aren't in the list, that's because I've only just arrived here to find out about them! Now trying to pick some stuff up from ebay to hear more!
Chaos is the Law of Nature
Order is the Dream of Man

Emilia

Hey! ;)
I like the first one on the top of your list. I recently bought "Subsurface" which I absolutely love! I can see you are a big T. fan. So far this is the only thing I bought by them, could you recommend something else worth buying? -in the same musical line.... I really like this stuff. Some say albums with the previos vocalist were better-do you agree? I love the multi-layer vocals (sometimes bit of Queen-like, however I know the music is totally different). Soo... what  is worth buying next ...?  ::) Oh,... I should add that Art of Reason and Opium are my favourite songs on this album so that you have a slight idea what I am looking for.
Cheers,
Emilia
My spirit is weeping, For freedom it cries, Been scraping my living In the valley of lies. Gonna ride the night to the morning sun. Resurrection is a gonna come.

rocker666

Hi there

Glad you liked Threshold...right, next album.....personally if I were you I'd work backwards from there, ie get Critical Mass next then Hypothetical then Clone. They are all "similar" sounding albums with the same vocalist. Before that they had Damian Wilson on two albums (to be heard with Ayreon and many others) and another more straight ahead metal singer, Glynn Morgan,  who was good as well, I find him closer in style to Mac the current vocalist

Another good buy would be the Critical Energy double live (get the DVD as well if you can?) - great live set full of energy

Cheers

Si
Chaos is the Law of Nature
Order is the Dream of Man

Emilia

thanx for taking time to reply and recommend some of the albums, great!
:D
Emilia
My spirit is weeping, For freedom it cries, Been scraping my living In the valley of lies. Gonna ride the night to the morning sun. Resurrection is a gonna come.