News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Salt and The Sand - online now!

Started by JJ II, Fri, 2005-12-09, 17:48:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

I have read 1/3 and indeed, very enjoyable to read.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Appelmoes??

Aaargh, I still haven't read it yet :-[
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

Finished the book today, it was a very nice read. Saw some favourite bands/musicians mentioned like Asia and John Wetton. It's a small world. Thanks for sharing this book  8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

JJ II

You're welcome. Glad you liked it. There will be some small mistakes here and there (which will be corrected in version 1.1.), but overall we tried to be complete and accurate, without falling into the trap of being a facts-file.

Pascalj

I've finished to read it. It's very good. Thanks.  :)

Actually, another guy and me are trying to translate it in french. Soon, it will be available. 8)

PH

Quote from: Pascalj on Wed, 2006-02-08, 13:45:03
I've finished to read it. It's very good. Thanks.  :)

Actually, another guy and me are trying to translate it in french. Soon, it will be available. 8)

If that's allowed, can we expect a Dutch version too, JJ? ;D

Pascalj

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-02-08, 16:54:42
If that's allowed, can we expect a Dutch version too, JJ? ;D
Zodra ik lessen heb genomen  ;D :D :D

PH

Quote from: Pascalj on Wed, 2006-02-08, 20:38:21
Zodra ik lessen heb genomen  ;D :D :D

Hehehe cool! :D
I wasn't talking to you in particular, lol. JJ II was one of the writers and he's Dutch, so...
But as soon as you've taken some lessons... the spot is still open I guess. hehehe.

JJ II

Nope, I think there's no point in making a Dutch version available. For two reasons: 1) most (99%?) of the Dutch do speak English well enough to understand most of it, 2) I don't want to lose most of the subtleties, that are there in the original quotes. I think you can actually 'hear' the bandmembers now.

But... there will be a 1.1 version sometime this year. Several members of the band got inspiration and send me some extra information (and.. ahum... some little corrections as well)...

PH

Quote from: JJ II on Wed, 2006-02-08, 21:30:11Nope, I think there's no point in making a Dutch version available.
Ok, fair enough.
Quote from: JJ II on Wed, 2006-02-08, 21:30:11For two reasons: 1) most (99%?) of the Dutch do speak English well enough to understand most of it,
True indeed
Quote from: JJ II on Wed, 2006-02-08, 21:30:112) I don't want to lose most of the subtleties, that are there in the original quotes. I think you can actually 'hear' the bandmembers now.
Yup, that's why I hate dubbing english into German by Movies. (In The Netherlands we only have that with childmovies, in Germany and France (for example) they translate EVERYTHING!!!) (which isn't good IMO) (but that was offtopic) (sorry)
Quote from: JJ II on Wed, 2006-02-08, 21:30:11But... there will be a 1.1 version sometime this year. Several members of the band got inspiration and send me some extra information (and.. ahum... some little corrections as well)...
Ok cool!!! :o

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2006-01-09, 20:34:22
[male chauvinist pig]

But you have girlfriend ;D

[/male chauvinist pig]

I do most of the cleaning, but because I have hair longer than Rick Wakeman in 1975, and Lady_Reaper also has long hair, any stray hairs end up on the carpet - usually within 1 hour of it being hoovered! ::)

Theres also the problem of loose tobacco getting everywhere within 1 hour of hoovering (we roll our own, y'see), and we both wear boots with deep treads... :-\
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2006-02-19, 11:23:49I do most of the cleaning, but because I have hair longer than Rick Wakeman in 1975, and Lady_Reaper also has long hair, any stray hairs end up on the carpet - usually within 1 hour of it being hoovered! ::)

There are solutions to this... And you know it... ;D

keyboardistmatt

Saryna

So now,  must have been a great clean up session.

;)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Saryna on Mon, 2006-02-20, 00:40:19
So now, you have a cigarette after you hoover? Must have been a great clean up session.

;)
Why do people find it nescessary to get saucy? ::) ;)

Saryna

Ok, It won't happen again. I promise.  I changed it.

keyboardistmatt

Nicky007

Dear friends, I struck upon Arena a couple of weeks ago, as I was blown away by Kino's Picture. Several of my friends had recommended Pepper, so I got it, and man, what an album. I don't need to explain this to you guys. I straight away ordered The Visitor and Contagion, which overwhelmed me even more, and then of course, I had to have all the remaining albums.

During the past two weeks, I've listened to little else than my Arena albums. 

Now Contagion has become my all-time favorite album. It just has everything that I love about music, including some extremely intriguing lyrics, which are particularly intriguing as I don't quite get what it's all about.

In order to try to understand what the Arena albums are about, I tried to get into the Cage. Well, this is the only cage that I know of that's easier to get out of than into. I got a password, but when I wrote it in the "Members login", I just got a blank page each time.

I then became a member of The Shattered Room, which was easy enough. So that's given me a welcome opportunity to learn a lot more about Arena. However, I still don't get the overall meaning of Contagion. I then saw "The Salt and The Sand" mentioned, clicked further, and it appeared to be electronically accessible. But despite all my attempts, I just didn't get there.

Can somebody give me some useful advice?

Thanks to the Arena guys for your wonderful music and to all you steadfast fans for supporting them.

Nicky Brown, new member, born in Birmingham and living for many years in Copenhagen.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-05-04, 17:23:49
Dear friends, I struck upon Arena a couple of weeks ago, as I was blown away by Kino's Picture. Several of my friends had recommended Pepper, so I got it, and man, what an album. I don't need to explain this to you guys. I straight away ordered The Visitor and Contagion, which overwhelmed me even more, and then of course, I had to have all the remaining albums.

During the past two weeks, I've listened to little else than my Arena albums. 

Now Contagion has become my all-time favorite album. It just has everything that I love about music, including some extremely intriguing lyrics, which are particularly intriguing as I don't quite get what it's all about.

In order to try to understand what the Arena albums are about, I tried to get into the Cage. Well, this is the only cage that I know of that's easier to get out of than into. I got a password, but when I wrote it in the "Members login", I just got a blank page each time.

I then became a member of The Shattered Room, which was easy enough. So that's given me a welcome opportunity to learn a lot more about Arena. However, I still don't get the overall meaning of Contagion. I then saw "The Salt and The Sand" mentioned, clicked further, and it appeared to be electronically accessible. But despite all my attempts, I just didn't get there.

Can somebody give me some useful advice?

Thanks to the Arena guys for your wonderful music and to all you steadfast fans for supporting them.

Nicky Brown, new member, born in Birmingham and living for many years in Copenhagen.

I am with you about Kino and Contagion  ;)

I had registered The Salt (great work by the way) a few months ago so I am going to send it to you by PM but I am sure the guys here will resolve your problem. Have fun reading ...

Appelmoes??

If you buy Contagium and Contagious, you get some more info on the album + some REALLY good extra songs!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Bruno Bouery (Bupie) was so kind as to send me The Salt and The Sand by e-mail. Betcha I've been reading it thoroughly. I was surprised to see that there were so many people going in and out of the Arena sphere. Rather demanding to keep track of. And I was pleasantly surpised to see that Mick and Clive are about my age, making me feel less generationally misplaced.

I still don't get what's going on with the Cage. Is it still active? If so, how does one gain access?

Have to also tell you that Pride was a wonderful surprise. I was really afraid that listening to Contagion and Visitor had raised my standards so much that Pride would be a disappointment, but the opposite happened: Listening to Pride was also a great experience. It's so different from the following albums, but wonderful in its own way, with a lot of beautiful keyboards and classical moods.

If you haven't yet given Pride a proper listen, then do it, or else you'll miss out on a unique experience.

Thanks again, Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Poison Lies 2 Close 2 Us

Hi.

I'm reaching this thread very late obviously but the link to the Salt & the Sand no longer works...is there anyway I could still download this?

Thanks so much!

Poison Lies 2 Close 2 Us

I actually located this so disregard my above message!

PH

Good you found it!
Have fun reading! ;)

-Paco

PH

Ok, so next year it will be ten years since the original "The Salt And The Sand" was released.
Yes, look it up. I did. Time flies indeed. I remember it like it was yesterday.
So with a new album on the way and some line-up changes can we expect a reissue of this Arena biography in 2015?