News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Korg Triton Extreme

Started by jeffMc, Mon, 2006-11-27, 04:31:24

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffMc

Damn! I picked up a new Triton Extreme 61 on Saturday. Nice machine. The cool thing was the MOSS module if free when you send in the form with UPC/Receipt, etc. Nice.
The GF is pissed because i spent all day hooking it up and having fun with it.

I can see why Clive likes them.

Peter

Quote from: jeffMc on Mon, 2006-11-27, 04:31:24
Damn! I picked up a new Triton Extreme 61 on Saturday. Nice machine. The cool thing was the MOSS module if free when you send in the form with UPC/Receipt, etc. Nice.
The GF is pissed because i spent all day hooking it up and having fun with it.

I can see why Clive likes them.

I saw Clive  a few days ago at the Caamora gig set it up. Seems to have lots of good features and asounds built in... or do you have to buy these?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

jeffMc

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-11-27, 11:49:35
I saw Clive  a few days ago at the Caamora gig set it up. Seems to have lots of good features and asounds built in... or do you have to buy these?

I believe Clive loads a ton more samples, etc, than what comes with it. I think he may use Cubase to do all the sequencing and stuff. Just a guess, as he would be more of an authority on that than I. And I am sure he has added more memory to handle all of that. (I only have the base 16MB that came with it). The cool thing is that I have a number of samples in AAIF format, and the Korg seems to like these and plays them. (I was loading them off a flash USB key, into the Triton)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-11-27, 11:49:35

I believe Clive programs most of his sounds into his keyboards himself, although the Korg Triton Extreme has a shed load of sounds pre-programmed into it, there is plenty of space for the user to do his own thing. :)

I went into Turnkey in Central London a couple of weeks back, and ended up spending over 3 hours ( :o ) trying out various keyboard instruments, over an hour of which was spent playing the 88 note Triton Extreme they have on display there.

It's a mean bit of kit! ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Deenfan

Our keysman has got one, and it's wonderful. However, for this one track we need a sound that was on his Trinity V3 - I think it was called Spanish Nights... Sadly, he sold the synth, and I don't know where to turn now, to solve the problem. Oh, well...

jeffMc

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Mon, 2006-12-11, 23:26:42
I believe Clive programs most of his sounds into his keyboards himself, although the Korg Triton Extreme has a shed load of sounds pre-programmed into it, there is plenty of space for the user to do his own thing. :)

I went into Turnkey in Central London a couple of weeks back, and ended up spending over 3 hours ( :o ) trying out various keyboard instruments, over an hour of which was spent playing the 88 note Triton Extreme they have on display there.

It's a mean bit of kit! ;D

Apparently they are closing out the Extreme, from what I hear... I guess the Oasis is their halo device now.