News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Nicky007

Started by Nicky007, Mon, 2007-05-21, 13:11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

I think Morgan Ågren is getting better with every new release. On "Angling Feelings" he really shines.

Nicky007

Added Jeff Buckley to my prog pantheon. No discussion there, that guy is supernatural  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2009-01-30, 00:46:48
Added Jeff Buckley to my prog pantheon. No discussion there, that guy is supernatural  *horns*

Nicky.

I currently find "Hallelujah" annoying.
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Nicky007

I personally love Halleluja (a song written by Leonard Cohen), but one of the great things about Jeff Buckley is that there are so many different moods, all transformed by his very special singing  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

:D

It's either Death Metal or Singer/Songwriter stuff with you. ;D ;)
Nothing in between?

Nicky007

It's genius and originality that grip me, Paxi, and that can go from feather-light ethereal (like some of Buckley's and Anathema's stuff) to brutal (like some of Scar Symmetry's stuff).

I have no principles re music, only a lot of experience and great demands - and they sure are being satisfied in these times  *horns*

If you look at my prog pantheon, you'l find almost all genres represented. These are simply the artists that do it best imo  8)

And I wanna keep my lead in this thread  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

keyboardistmatt

Don't get me wrong, it's a great song, but I'm hearing it alot at the moment... :-\

Nicky007

Added Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam to my prog pantheon  *horns*

Pearl Jam alone wouldnt get there, but Eddie's singing really strikes home with me, and his soundtrack of Into the Wild is wonderful  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

johninblack

I don't know why but Pearl Jam never "did it" for me. Given other stuff I'm into they should have been an obvious "like" much like The Flower Kings I guess.

That's a lot of words for me, that........

Nicky007

I'm with you there, Johnny. PJ are an excellent group, but somehow they lack that somethin extra special and magic  ??? - except Eddie's singing, which I do find special and magic  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-02-01, 20:44:19
PJ are an excellent group, but somehow they lack that somethin extra special and magic  ??? - except Eddie's singing, which I do find special and magic  *horns*

I'm just wondering....Why did you add Pearl Jam to your prog pantheon when they "'somehow lack that somethin extra special and magic" in your book? After reading your comments it would make a lot more sense to just add Eddie Vedder to your list.

Pearl Jam is a great band though, I really like them!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2009-02-03, 15:43:51
I'm just wondering....Why did you add Pearl Jam to your prog pantheon when they "'somehow lack that somethin extra special and magic" in your book?

Well, Tom, to avoid you gettin a headache, I'l explain:  They were on the verge of getting there for many years, but everytime I checked'm out again, I just found that their music lacked that extra. But Eddie is an amazing singer, and when I heard Into The Wild, I was really overwhelmed; and since PJ is his band, well, .....

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2009-02-03, 15:43:51
Pearl Jam is a great band though, I really like them!

Are they among your top twenty, Tom ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

keyboardistmatt

That's some list you got there, dude.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2009-02-04, 00:49:21
Are they among your top twenty, Tom ?

Well no, I don't think so. But I do enjoy their music very much. What do you think is their best album?

Tom

Nicky007

Hm, missed those last two posts somehow. Maybe I was too busy on the Neverboard  :P

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2009-02-04, 21:08:35
That's some list you got there, dude.

If you mean mine, thanks, Matt.

Yeah, spent quite a lot'o time on it. But since music is my big passion (as you guys may have discovered by now) it's been a pleasure for me.

I have two main purposes with it:

1. Clarifying my own position in rock.

2. Helping others find useful stuff. When there's somebody with whom I share some groups, s/he might be interested in some of the others in my LP, simple as that  :)

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-02-04, 21:36:39
What do you think is their best album?

The only one I'v heard over ten times (sufficiently attentively) is the self-titled album. I like that one a lot. But somehow I have problems getting thru a whole PJ album, I get bored after a while  :(

And now it'l be even harder for Paxi  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2009-02-25, 11:17:10
And now it'l be even harder for Paxi  ;D

Whatever that means...

Does it have something to do with male features again?

Nicky007

Just added two albums to my SL. Think you'l find'm interesting. The second directly on Tom's recom  :) ... oh yeah, and maybe also cause of two interesting musicians  ;)

Also added Dire Straits to my Past Masters. Their first self-titled album was a bomb in the rock scene when it was released - I can still recall the excitement - and it's still an album in use here in Vangede  *horns*

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2009-02-25, 20:28:23
Does it have something to do with male features again?

Yes, I lead  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-02-26, 22:28:53
Just added two albums to my SL. Think you'l find'm interesting. The second directly on Tom's recom  :)

I feel flattered! ;D I already bought a lot of albums that were recommended on this forum and I think that's one of the great things about this place!

Tom

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-02-26, 22:28:53
Also added Dire Straits to my Past Masters. Their first self-titled album was a bomb in the rock scene when it was released - I can still recall the excitement - and it's still an album in use here in Vangede  *horns*
Nicky.

I will say more : their first four albums are unescapable  *horns* and Telegraphe Road is not far from being a prog epic. Alchemy is also a greta live album !

The last two studio albums, on the other hand  :-X

Nicky007

Just added Criss Oliva to my fave guitarists. Formidable guitarist, and always controlled  *horns*

R.i.p. Criss. God only knows where your genius would'v taken you, had not that idiot of a drunkard ...  :( :'(

Got quite a number of guitarists on my list now ... but guys, isnt it great that there are sooo many fabulous guitarists around ?  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Also added Fredrik Åkesson  *horns*

Funny, re ELO & ELP, with Åkerfeldt and Åkesson, the difference is a fourth-order notch. But they play the same type'o music  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2009-02-27, 10:14:57
I will say more : their first four albums are unescapable  *horns* and Telegraphe Road is not far from being a prog epic. Alchemy is also a greta live album !

The last two studio albums, on the other hand  :-X

Seconded.  Telegraph Road is my favorite Dire Straits track.  I would happily listen to that on repeat!  I brought Alchemy ages ago especially for Telegraph Road (live). In my opinion the Alchemy version is superior to the studio 'Love Over Gold' version. *horns*

Nicky007

Just added Extreme's III Sides To Every Story, Waiting For The Punchline, and Saudades De Rock to my SL.

Man, how could I have missed this band ?

Guess partly cause I was "missin" during the 90's  :-\

Jonesy, I now understand your enthusiasm for these guys  *horns*

Roomies, if ya like Queen, Faith No More, and that sorta stuff, and gopher intelligent lyrics, then Extreme's somethin for ya  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-04-05, 16:37:51
Just added Extreme's III Sides To Every Story, Waiting For The Punchline, and Saudades De Rock to my SL.

... and now I'v added Extreme to my pantheon. III Sides is dazzling  *horns*

Thanks, Jonesy  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Added Down to my pantheon. Over the Under hits spot on  *horns*

If Pantera is yer thing, then Down'l be too.

Noone else here into any of'm ?

Often Pantera are compared with Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax. I find Pantera and Down far more edgy and exciting than the others.

Also added Hawkwind's Space Ritual to my SL:  http://www.amazon.com/Space-Ritual-Hawkwind/dp/B00005MCX2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1241339663&sr=1-1

... and Gazpacho's Tick Tock, and the Arriving Somewhere dvd - for some strange reason  ;D ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can