News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Nicky007

Started by Nicky007, Mon, 2007-05-21, 13:11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

I have dabbled with Ulver and some of it is decent but no to wolves in the throne room for me

Good discussion as always Nicky  :D

Nicky007

Thanx, Funky :)

Great: Thanx to Cap's doubling of the character limit, I can now have all the groups that I have enjoyed listening to thru the ages in the first post in my LP, including the albums of my pantheon groups that I have listened to.

As I felt that my current self had been lost in this vast list, I added the section "Fave groups currently" with just the few main groups.

I'd be interested in your thoughts about these groups - but only after several proper listens - this music merits it ;)

Did I say that Sixx:A.M. was not quite pantheon ???

Well, guess I changed my mind about that. Not so prog, but exceptionally well-crafted and -executed rock, and evocative lyrics *horns*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Added Live (the group) to my (most) faves. Their music really grows, and Ed's lyrics are sooo evocative - amazing *horns*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Peter

Hey Nicky,

if you're still reading here....: please consider the band "Sleep Token", they might fit your taste: djent (but no harsh vocals)

My son is into similar music like you, it seems. He plays the guitar and recently bought an 8-string to be able to tune to drop-D or something and do djent :D He introduced me to Sleep Token, and I must say, they're quite a rocker.

...oh, and "VOLA" maybe...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....