News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Damian Wilson

Started by Appelmoes??, Tue, 2006-09-12, 20:34:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

Why this man didn't have his own topic yet is beyond me, but here it is at last!

Hear and shiver!

His site

Ok, now you know who I'm talking about (but I think everybody here knows the good man)

imho, Damian is one of the best voices in the universe. He sang in Threshold and Ayreon, supported Stream of Passion on their tour (where the video is from), did Les Miserables and even sang in a trance-thingy version of 'More than a Feeling'.
His solo albums are a combination of joy and sadness, in short (his) emotions.

What do you think?
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

I think he's a really good singer. Loved his work on ITEC (Into The Electric Castle for the infidels.  ;)) and with Star One/Stream Of Passion. Didn't really liked his work with Threshold but i think he's one of the best singers in Prog-world.  *horns*

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Everything has been said: great singer, passionate voice. My favorite Ayreon track with Damian is 'And the druïds turn to stone'. I have seen him live at the Star One gig in Rijssen and I was impressed, although Russel Allen was even better that evening. Also like his solo albums and Threshold albums. Haven't checked out his Landmarq work yet.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2006-09-12, 21:47:35
Everything has been said: great singer, passionate voice. My favorite Ayreon track with Damian is 'And the druïds turn to stone'. I have seen him live at the Star One gig in Rijssen and I was impressed, although Russel Allen was even better that evening. Also like his solo albums and Threshold albums. Haven't checked out his Landmarq work yet.

As far as I know, Landmarq is not heavy. It sounds really good, but for Landmarq I prefer Tracy Hitchings. What woman what a voice! ;D

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

What do you guys  think about the video?
When I was at Rijssen there was a lot of noice coming from people in the back talking >:( But you can't hear it in the recording *ola* I think the complete set was about 30 minutes, maybe a little longer (because of Damians stagediving adventure ;D)

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2006-09-12, 22:41:48
What do you guys  think about the video?

Just found the time to look at it. Great video, what a voice. He is such a great live singer. We want more  *horns*, and then in-synch  ;). How about adding it as a bonus DVD to his REAL cd 'Let's Start a Commune'?

Appelmoes??

I already asked D' Images if the footage will be release, but they couldn't tell me anything about it... If they would, I would most surely buy it!

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

Yes, I noticed that on an other forum  ;). The problem is that it is only about 30 minutes. I have never seen a DVD of that length, only 'making of' stuff as a bonus added to a cd. Damian intended to release his album 'Let's start a commune', that is now only available bij downloading Weed Files, on cd. It should be a nice limited editon option, cd+D'Images stuff on DVD. I would buy it too  *ola*. But it's no more than a fantasy  :'(.

Teunis

Damian Wilson's solo albums can be downloaded for free on his website:

http://damianwilsonmusic.com/

8)

PH

Whoa! That's so great! ;D

*downloading*

-Paco

maddox

A curious gesture i'd say.
It does give me the opportunity to get 'into' mr. Wilson but download it for free?

I doubt that will ever work.  :-\

PH

I've browsed through the songs, and I think it isn't my cup-a-tea.
But who knows... It will end up on my MP3 player anyway for Train and Bus listening.

-Paco

maddox

I downloaded Deciple and although it's way too mellow for my taste i do like some of the songs on the album.
One of the songs i really like is Adam's Child. Great tune if you ask me.  8)

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2008-11-27, 17:46:40
A curious gesture i'd say.
It does give me the opportunity to get 'into' mr. Wilson but download it for free?

I doubt that will ever work.  :-\
I doubt it too, but you can always click the option 'donate'  ;D.

I own the albums 'Disciple' and 'Cosmas' already, never bought the new one because the only way to order it was by creditcard. I don't have one and I don't want one  ;). I do like the albums very much. You have to be in the right mood. Christmas maybe?  ;D