News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

StarDuster

Started by StarDuster, Fri, 2006-05-05, 11:13:21

Previous topic - Next topic

StarDuster

bands I like to listen to

Porcupine Tree
The Mars Volta (Amazing band!! and I've seen no one list containing them .. you have to check them out, they're quite a new group and only have 2 albums out)
Arena
Ayreon
Dream Theater
Pallas
Pain Of Salvation
Ozric Tentacles
Kamelot
Pendragon

funkster

Some top choices mate

How about some IQ

PH

I like everything you just named.
But I don't know Pain Of Salvation and Ozric Tentacles.
I need to listen to Kamelot and Pendragon more, it's good but somehow I can't get 'into' it.

The Mars Volta is a bit strange... but if you're so fan of it, I might check it out eventually.

Nice list by the way, but I think there's a lot more to add, don't you think? ;)
Indeed some IQ, or Kino or where is Marillion??? Tsk tsk, no Marillion in your list. 8)
Not that I like it that much, but it seems every Arena-fan likes Marillion... (I need to get 'into' that too)

funkster

Plus some Riverside , Opeth  *horns* and Genesis

StarDuster

lol, quite amusing - I listen to almost everything you guys said - except for Opeth, Riverside and Kino. I just read somewhere in the rules here it's desirable to list around 10 bands so being a bit lazy - I listed exactly 10 :)

IQ - I have "Dark Matter" by them, it's quite nice but a bit too mechanical at times for my taste.
Marillion - Only listened to "Misplaced Childhood" which is the more accessible album, I should listen to "Script for a jester's tear" sometimes :)
Genesis - Geniuses :) even though I only have "selling england by the pound", I also listened to "The Last Supper" and it's one of the most amazing songs I ever heard - only problem with bands like them is the "antiquity" which makes the production quality very poor relatively to what we have from new bands today :(

PH:

Pain Of Salvation are a band I have so many mixed feelings about. Sometimes they sound perfect to me, and sometimes even a bit annoying - but overall are truly unique and worth a listen. I recommend "The Perfect Element I" album if you want to check them out, their debut album is also great if you dont have problem with more Metal Edged prog - "Entropia".

Ozric Tentacles are one of the pioneers of what is called the "Space rock" genre - I only lately started listening to them and still having a hard time grasping the music, although I find many enjoyable elements :)