News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena Mentioned on BBC Radio One?

Started by Bouge, Sat, 2006-03-11, 22:10:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Bouge

Well, as improbable  ??? as this may sound, it is possibly true, it appears that maybe this morning on BBC Radio One our precious Arena got a passing mention from a certain Vernon Kay!  ::)

Apparently he mentioned in passing that the "New Arena album is very good" or something along those lines, and to buy it. Now I find this surprising, but if it's true I am ecstatic!  :) ;D :D

You notice I am not talking very definitely, this is as I did not hear this said myself, it was my sister, she tells me it happened (she not being an Arena fan, and only mentioning it to me as she knows I like that " Rubbish Band").

So, if it happened, hopefully it will get the guys a few extra sales!

*ola*
*horns*

Bouge
I'm not overly fond of that frog. A 12-Gauge Shotgun springs to mind.

Saryna

It's entirely possible and I hope so.  If it's the same station that did the David Gilmour live show today, then maybe some other progressive music was perused by these dj's.  Is this the same station?

johninblack

MUSIC:  David Gilmore
Channel: BBC Radio Two
Date: Saturday 11th March 2006
Time: 20:30 to 21:30 (Already shown)
Duration: 1 hour.
Live and Exclusive.
David Gilmour, the voice and guitar of Pink Floyd, performs a special concert for Radio 2 including material from his new album On an Island.

That?

Bouge

Arena were sadly only mentioned, not played, and this was on Radio One, not Two.

David Gilmour on Radio Two doesn't surprise me so much; Radio Two do more often have more varied and alternative music, Radio one is much more mainstream here and now ish.

Bouge

bellanova

Im really pleased to hear this. Im trying to do my bit for the cause by word of mouth. Ive got two people in the last week to purchase an Arena cd and both are impressed and planning on buying more. OK so its only two more fans so far but everyone counts. I have several more friends that have expressed an interest too. Im sure if we actually got some radio play people would sit up and take notice but i really despair of the music industry nowadays.  :'(

Bouge

I feel most people on here would agree with you! And I always enjoy getting people into "good" music, but, sadly, most of the time I fail miserably  :'(

I did manage to get someone into Arena though, that went on to introduce their whole family to it, so they seem to be a happy proggy family! Or a lot of them anyway!

Bouge

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Bouge on Sun, 2006-03-12, 22:48:03
...Radio one is much more mainstream here and now ish.

That's probably why I don't listen to Radio 1. :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Bouge