News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

YAY Thread

Started by sammi, Fri, 2006-01-13, 00:30:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Thanx guys  :)

However, I'm marinated atm  ???  ;D

"Is that a parable or a very subtle joke?"  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2009-09-25, 13:14:46
Thanx guys  :)

However, I'm marinated atm  ???  ;D

What have you been marinating in?  We were beginning to wonder whether someone turned you into a veggie gardenburger.

I'd forgotten that line until recently -- always thought it was really nifty.  For those that don't recognize the quote, it's from a Crash Test Dummies song.  With Nicky, I assume it's a parable since he may be a lot of things, but subtle isn't one of them.  ;D
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Nicky007

Quote from: Manatee on Fri, 2009-09-25, 21:03:09
What have you been marinating in?

I just got tired of people ignoring my comments and links. I thought the least one should do when one is an active member of a serious forum is to play the links posted by other members and answer direct questions, but I guess I was taking the "serious" too seriously  :-\

But experiencing that you, Greenie, are as pathologically serious as I'v tried to be is what's brought me outta my pickle  :)

Might not be subtle, but it aint a parable either, so what is it  ???

Gotit: It's a YAY  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-09-28, 17:59:54
I just got tired of people ignoring my comments and links. I thought the least one should do when one is an active member of a serious forum is to play the links posted by other members and answer direct questions, but I guess I was taking the "serious" too seriously  :-\

But experiencing that you, Greenie, are as pathologically serious as I'v tried to be is what's brought me outta my pickle  :)

Might not be subtle, but it aint a parable either, so what is it  ???

Gotit: It's a YAY  ;)

Nicky.

I guess I sometimes am pathologically serious.  I only have two settings: totally serious and very very silly.    Very very silly is usually more fun, but I do understand that sometimes it's enjoyable to take something you like seriously, and when you do, you'd like people who have similar tastes/opinions to take it seriously too.  I suspect part of the reason you don't always get responses is simply that some of these folks actually have busy lives (clearly I'm not one of them except in isolated bursts), so they may not spend as much time soaking up every detail the board has to offer.  Or maybe they're just not quite as addled as we are.  There's a reason some of us are labeled "Sickos."   ;D

aswas

YAY for being back with the living, after surgery. What  a road the past couple months have been.
Double YAY for being able to turn my keyboards for the first time in a long while.
YAY for the end of four walls staring me in the face while the nurses laugh and make fun of patients in the hallway. How do they not know that we can hear them??????????????
YAY for being able to be back here in the forum
Triple YAY for being able to piss in a toilet instead of a bedside bottle
don't fly... too close to the sun

Iggy

Quote from: aswas on Sun, 2009-10-04, 04:09:20
YAY for being back with the living, after surgery. What  a road the past couple months have been.
Double YAY for being able to turn my keyboards for the first time in a long while.
YAY for the end of four walls staring me in the face while the nurses laugh and make fun of patients in the hallway. How do they not know that we can hear them??????????????

Yay indeed.

Now you really must concentrate on not having to go back in.  ;D

maddox

The mighty return of Alice In Chains!!!!  *horns* *horns* *horns*

Yay!!!
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Quote from: aswas on Sun, 2009-10-04, 04:09:20
:-\ Good to see you back, wishing you a further speedy recovery.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Iggy

Yay

My dad is out of surgery and has a shiny new hip.

It has been a long day waiting for news.

;D ;D ;D *horns* *horns* *horns*

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-10-06, 18:38:47

Yay indeed! *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

Yay

Yay to that.  *horns*

Manatee

Yay

Wow, a rough period for Team Iggy.  I hope everyone heals up nicely and soon.

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-10-06, 23:08:01
Wow, a rough period for Team Iggy.  I hope everyone heals up nicely and soon.

I've had better years. In fact it is the worst in living memory. Having said that I do feel fortunate as everyone seems to be ok.

Still thinking of 007 though.

keyboardistmatt

Yay for progress...

I'm feeling more musically successful now than I have for a long time!

'Things' it seems are taking shape... *horns*
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Nicky007

YAY for MySpace & YouTube  *horns*

When yer down to ground zero financially, these two excellent resources marvellously give ya an opportunity to hear virtually everything, and in good quality (requiring too that ya got a woman who wears an internet connection)  8)

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2009-10-13, 02:09:42
I'm feeling more musically successful now than I have for a long time!

Great Matt  8)

How about some samples for yer fellow Roomies  ;)

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-10-06, 23:33:56
Still thinking of 007 though.

Thanks, Iggy  :)

Currently Mom's doin surprisingly well. The 6-week chemo and radiation treatment stopped last Wednesday (I took her by train and bus to the hospital every day and back, we had some great chats together), and on Thursday she was driven up to her country house in Southern Sweden by a good friend. She's very happy there, and taking a pause with the medicin for four weeks.

Ms 007 and I are on our way to visiting her and some other family members there this afternoon  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Yay for excellent customer service from the vendor of the damaged Space Revolver.  He's sending me a new disc immediately.   *horns*

maddox

Quote from: Manatee on Sat, 2009-10-24, 18:52:42
Yay for excellent customer service from the vendor of the damaged Space Revolver.  He's sending me a new disc immediately.   *horns*

8)

Deenfan

Yay for wonderful wives, and all they represent! :-* :-* :-* :-*

I got to see the kids, I got the mail (Praying Mantis - Forever in time), and I got something else, while the kids were watching the telly... ;D

maddox

Quote from: Deenfan on Sat, 2009-10-24, 21:32:14and I got something else, while the kids were watching the telly... ;D

Are you sure that it's something we want to know?  :D

Oh eh... yay for soccer on the Telly.  *horns*

Deenfan

You are sooo close, there... :D :D Only a little modification...

Nicky007

YAY for my cd-collection  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Yay for long list of unread posts.  8)

aswas

YAY for Rick Wakeman saying that not having Jon Anderson as the frontman for Yes, relegates the band to another Tribute Band. Perhaps unfair, cuz Anderson wouldn't be able to do it even if he wanted to. But he is sticking up for his buddy. The whole thing is a riot
don't fly... too close to the sun

Peter

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2009-09-25, 13:14:46

wow, Nicky, you're really inspiring. had(!) to dig out that album right away... after twisting my brain trying to remember where that line came from... afternoons and coffespoons... great!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Nicky007

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2009-11-03, 22:17:55
wow, Nicky, you're really inspiring ...

If it had been a babe who said that, I would have let it go, but since it's you, Cap, gotta be honest and say:  YAY for Greenie (I know, he already disabused you) !

We gotta keep him misdirected (not ss) so that he can keep spending time in the Room  ;) *horns*

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2009-11-03, 22:17:55
hat to dig out that album right away

Cap's helm  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can