News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Look what's on Silhobbit...

Started by The Butterfly Man, Wed, 2005-12-21, 17:18:53

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

I know Silhobbit is (in)famous for their crazy newsreports, but I just read this today: 

"The word on the street is that top proggers Arena have decided to call it a day after ten years, and ten studio albums under their belts. Mick and John decided that they had taken the band as far as they could and Clive also wants to concentrate on other projects. But Silhobbit.com reckon that they'll probably rear their heads again and popup playing the occasional festival.

Singer Rob is to become a father soon and Ian Salmon has written some children's stories which he hopes with be published next year.

Best wishes to Arena and the dozens of excellent musicians who have played in the band over the years. They will not be forgotten, their place in prog history assured."

www.silhobbit.com

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Just hope this is the usual silhobbit bo**ocks.

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

I heard Clive Nolan was planning to start with a double album.

Don't know where I read that, but...

I think it was here on the Shattered Room.

I think Silhobbit only tell lies. ;D
Sometimes very funny. But I don't take the whole site seriously, proof is on the left side of the site.

Wiebe

Having seen Arena playing recently in Zoetermeer I know for sure that Silhobbit sucks. I also spoke all bandmembers and no one acted as this was their farewell tour.
Having side projects is normal for professional musicians. They don't earn a lot of money and have to find other means to get the money. Think of Kino, all projects of Clive, giving guitar lessons etc.
Anyway, what a waste to react on such tabloid gossip.
I love England, but hate the tabloids and the stupid gossip in the media.

Anyway, enjoy X-mas!

JJ II

Let's wait and see if one of the band-members have something official to say about it. Silhobbit has been right in some cases (like the Kino-project or John Wesley joining Porcupine Tree), but they have been wrong in many others.
And.... they love to make up stories. They're very tongue-in-cheek...and not to be taken very serious.

By the way: let no Arena fan say Silhobbit sucks: without the original Silhobbit magazine, there wouldn't have been a project, started by a certain mr. Pointer and a certain mr.Nolan. [as explained in The Salt and The Sand.]

JJ II

By the way: it seems they have corrected themselves already:

"It appears that we "over jumped the gun" when we claimed that Arena are to split! Instead it has been stated that they are "taking an extremely long hiatus and that we have no plans for the foreseeable future".

Silhobbit.com are pleased to announce that the band are still technically together but don't expect anything from the band for a long while. Clive has a new project, John has his hands in a few pies, Mick has also denied that he is the part-owner in a new restaurant / bistro and needs to devote time to his new business venture.

Clive

OK..... why don't we clear this up.

1. Arena have not split up!
2. Arena do NOT plan to split up in the forseeable future.
3. The writing of the new album will begin in January... there is no specific deadline for it's release yet. We just wanted to be a little more relaxed about that side of things, due to the other projects that people are involved in.
4. There will be some releases next year (that will be in the next newsletter).
5. There may well be a short set of dates later next year as well.

So.... how active do you want us to be??

PH

Quote from: Clive on Thu, 2005-12-22, 14:37:41
OK..... why don't we clear this up.

1. Arena have not split up!
2. Arena do NOT plan to split up in the forseeable future.
3. The writing of the new album will begin in January... there is no specific deadline for it's release yet. We just wanted to be a little more relaxed about that side of things, due to the other projects that people are involved in.
4. There will be some releases next year (that will be in the next newsletter).
5. There may well be a short set of dates later next year as well.

You made my day! :)

JJ II

To answer that last question: VERY active, because we love what you do... :D

I'm glad you won't split up! And even if you guys decided you needed a hiatus to get some fresh air, it would be well deserved.

Looking forward to the new releases. Among these a live DVD, I presume ?

The Butterfly Man

Thanks Clive!
Here's to (at least) 10 more Arena-years! *ola*

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

The_Lurker

Quote from: Clive on Thu, 2005-12-22, 14:37:41
Active enough so that I can see you guys perform live again in the U.S. in 2006!  ;)

Oh, and another new album & DVD in the not-too-distant future would be nice.

Your side & solo projects are great, but I prefer the band as a whole.

Peter

Yippie! all very uplifting, Clive! Keep rocking!

;D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

HelenDo

Thank goodnes for that! I have only recently got into Arena, so I don't want them to split now! Lets hope one of those possible tour dates will be in London. The October Mean Fiddler gig, was one of my top 3 gigs in 2005.

Helenxxx

jeffMc

Reading Silhobbit is like reading The Onion. Fun, yet full of shit. Everyone needs their Weekly World News, prog edition ;)