Poll

Are you male or female?

male
19 (86.4%)
female
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Project: Gender Poll  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Valacar

• Broomstick
    • Progforum
Project: Gender Poll
« on: Sun, 2005-12-11, 12:18:27 »
Hello,

I am a German student of English- and American literatures, cultural studies and media studies. As I am as well a great fan of progressive rock music, I am by now working on a project comparing the Gothic scene with the Prog scene (if there is such a thing). One problem of my work is, that there is no such thing as a study of the Prog scene, while the Gothic scene (at least in Germany) is explored to some extent. If there is literature on Prog, its mostly about the music, a fact which is one argumentative aspect in my work. This is why I am launching some polls in this and some other forums in order to raise some statistical data so that my argumentation which will focus on my personal experiences mostly with the German scene but have some international references as well has some numbers to back it up.

If I can raise enough votes, I may even come back on that subject matter in a later project which could then deal with the prog scene exclusively, and who knows, maybe I will someday even be able to make a book out of it, but that's still just a fantasy.

So, I would be glad if some (or some more) could participate in the polls that I'll launch here. I'll count the results someday in January 2006.

Danke.
"Slaying the dragon with my mighty Sword of Justice while drowning in the blood of my enemies and drinking huge amounts of beer!"

Offline Smegal

• The Merchant
  • Sojourner
Re: Project: Gender Poll
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 2005-12-15, 01:56:23 »
Are you sure you are what you say you are???

If so your a very keen student!

rock and roll man
MY PRECIOUS

Offline Valacar

• Broomstick
    • Progforum
Re: Project: Gender Poll
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 2005-12-15, 14:26:38 »
Well, it's more the names than the actual contents. I am at the moment in the final period of my B.A. - which means that I have two fields of Studies. The one encompasses "English and American literatures and cultures", the other one is "Media studies" - so it's really just two fields of studies, the one of which is sort of "subdivided", yet nothing special because I suppose that everyone dealing with the literature of a country will also be concerned with the history and social backgrounds of this country.

Yet, after my B.A., I shall change my studies' focus towards becoming a teacher and perhaps, get a diploma in Media studies. This is to a great extent due to the fact that there is not Master at my university and most other German universities yet.

Danke.
"Slaying the dragon with my mighty Sword of Justice while drowning in the blood of my enemies and drinking huge amounts of beer!"