News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

Arrived last week: Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine
Arrived today: Devin Townsend - Terria
Tomorrow Hopefully: Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution

This crazy Canadian is amazing IMHO.  *horns*
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-02-10, 21:03:45
???

Some kinda black metal ?

Nicky.
Nope. A movie from New Zealand, very much in the tradition of Peter Jackson's early work... (Braindead etc.) - but I like it!!

bluepony

Oh, and back on topic: ARENA - The Visitor (as a birthday present for a friend - spreading the message ;D )

keyboardistmatt

QUEEN - 'The Works'
- a present for mum.
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

PH

Yesterday I bought Marillion's "Happiness Is The Road" (double CD version) for a friend of mine.
I think he liked it. :)

-Paco

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2009-02-21, 11:30:03
Yesterday I bought Marillion's "Happiness Is The Road" (double CD version) for a friend of mine.
I think he liked it. :)

Good call  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Teunis

I have ordered:
Pendragon - Concerto Maximo (DVD)
Satellite - Nostalgia
Blind Ego - Numb
*horns* 8)
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

bluepony

Shadowland - Matter of Perspective

(Well, I actually didn't have to buy it...)

PH

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2009-02-23, 17:10:53
Shadowland - Matter of Perspective

(Well, I actually didn't have to buy it...)

You keep telling us these half completed facts all the time...
What is it?

bluepony

Well, I went to see Shadowland in Frankfurt last night - and was given the album. (For free. Although I wanted to pay for it!)

PH

Just because of your smile or...

Nicky007

Paxi !!!  You're not old enuff  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bluepony

Paco - what are you thinking of me!! :o

Of course just because of my smile - and maybe also for old friendship's sake. Or maybe because I supplied the band with beer and red wine and hot lemon?
(And bags that got lost in Belgium... ::) Yep, I guess that was the main reason! After all, it was quite an odyssey to get that bag back!)

PH

Tsk tsk tsk ;D
I was not even thinking that way. ::)
Honest!

I was asking because you seem to know Clive very well. Getting first hand information and such. I was wondering why?
You never told us the story behind it.

-Paco

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-02-23, 17:50:19
Tsk tsk tsk ;D
I was not even thinking that way. ::)
Honest!
Yeah, sure. ::)

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-02-23, 17:50:19
I was asking because you seem to know Clive very well. Getting first hand information and such. I was wondering why?
You never told us the story behind it.

-Paco
Well, if you'd go out and see your favourite bands play live, you might as well get first hand information from them, don't you think?

But maybe it's time for me to enlighten you... so... I used to write for this rock magazine, that's why I got to meet a lot of bands personally, amongst others also Arena.

However, the first time I saw them play live (must have been as far back as 1997, if I'm not completely mistaken) was because I knew the opening act, Headstone (another band I'd like to think of as "friends of mine"). But the moment Arena stepped on stage and Paul (yes, the one and only Paul Wrightson was still in the band then!) began singing and acting, I was totally captured by what I saw and heard - I had never seen any performance like that, not even in a musical (because by then I hadn't seen any musicals). So I begged my editor-in-chief to send me to the next Arena gig and let me do an interview with them. Which I did - I'll never forget Mick and Clive eating roast chicken and French fries while enjoying themselves making fun of my questions, or so it seemed to me... (and my boyfriend drinking beer with John, Ian and Rob!)

What can I say - I guess the guys liked what I wrote about their concert, and so I was invited back for the next gig... and the next... and the next... and so on.

Or maybe they were only impressed by my consumption of Jack Daniel's & coke? ;)
(I remember John Mitchell saying that one of the funniest things he remembers about me is me challenging Clive to a JD & coke drinking contest - which is not completely true, because I didn't challenge anyone and it sure wasn't a contest - or maybe I was just too drunk to remember it right?)

So... hope you're satisfied now, Paco. That's all there is to this whole mysterious story you seem to have in your mind. Sorry to disappoint you!

PH

No, it's really good Bluey!
Great story!

bluepony

I may have a few more of those... ;D

bluepony

Like for example "Mercedes Museum with Ian"

The Butterfly Man

While we're at it, I also got some nice stories from on the road in Germany in 2005... ;D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

bluepony

Er... we've never met, Tom, have we?? So I guess I'm not in any of these stories?

PH

You're in one of my stories...

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2009-02-23, 20:30:57
Er... we've never met, Tom, have we?? So I guess I'm not in any of these stories?

As far as I can tell, you're not in any of my stories! ;) I don't think we ever met, but I'm not totally sure. My 'stories' are mainly concentrated around the Aschaffenburg gig in - I think it was - May 2005.

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2009-02-23, 20:20:05
Like for example "Mercedes Museum with Ian"

... where you were served some salmon  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-02-23, 21:26:18
You're in one of my stories...