News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

I think I'll give it a spin today. Not now though.

Steve was listening to Paatos' Timeloss. Perhaps he can explain what he thinks of this band?

-Paco

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2008-12-20, 14:11:27
Steve was listening to Paatos' Timeloss. Perhaps he can explain what he thinks of this band?

I'm sure we did Paatos before?  Briefly, I think they're excellent if I'm in the right mood.  But it's not a mood I'm in that often...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

Yesterday i received both copies of:

Frost* - Experiments In Mass Appeal with DVD
Steven Wilson - Insurgentes 2cd

Both are pretty good i'd say.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bellanova

I bought the new Frost* album. I didnt even realise it had been released but i got it at the gig the other night. Loved the new songs. By the way it was a great night. Lots of fun and lots of laughs!!

johninblack

Quote from: bellanova on Mon, 2008-12-22, 11:48:33
I bought the new Frost* album. I didnt even realise it had been released but i got it at the gig the other night. Loved the new songs. By the way it was a great night. Lots of fun and lots of laughs!!

It was, wasn't It. Had great fun, got slightly drunk and ended up with about 8 other Frost*ies walking round Kingston in seach of an open curry house. Saw Acoustic (Sort of) Tinyfish Sunday early afternoon and It Bites last night.

Last CD purchase. Tinyfish will be releasing an EP soon, They "Burned" 25 copies to sell yesterday and I got one of those. £2! Very, very good value! ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2008-12-22, 13:01:45
... got slightly drunk ...

From what I heard, it was more than "slightly"  :o

And the

... open curry house ...

was a fish'n'chips joint  ::)

;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

johninblack

Thanks Nicky. I knew I could count on you to slight my character and demean my integrity. ;D ;D ;D

Actually some of us ended up in a Subway (UK chain of sandwich bars) and some of the others found a place that did rather exclusive and deluxe kebabs. Then we went and broke all the laws regarding the safe carriage of persons in taxi cabs when 9 of us squeezed into a Ford Galaxy.

The Butterfly Man

Good old Santa brought me the following:

Porcupine Tree - Coma Divine
Thirteen Senses - The Invitation
Muse - Showbiz
Opeth - Deliverance

I'm especially thrilled that I finally got Deliverance. All these years I listened to a burned copy a mate of mine made for me. But now I finally got the real thing, meaning the only Opeth album still missing from my collection is Orchid! *horns*

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2008-12-29, 19:36:27
Good old Santa brought me the following:

Hope you gave him a big smacker  ;D

I'm especially thrilled that I finally got Deliverance. All these years I listened to a burned copy ...

How badly burnt, Tom ?   ;D

You should deliver it back to your mate  :D

Thirteen Senses - The Invitation

Hey, what's that ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Today I ordered the following:

6 DVDs
Asterix The Gaul
Asterix And Cleopatra
The Twelve Tasks Of Asterix
Asterix Versus Caesar
Asterix In Britain
Asterix And The Big Fight

6 games
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness

All of this for only 25 euros! ;D

-Paco

Iggy

Angra Rebirth plopped on the mat this morning.

Draco chimera

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-12-29, 22:33:59
All of this for only 25 euros! ;D
-Paco
Well done !  *horns* Where did you find this?
Let your conscience decide !

PH

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-12-29, 20:53:26
Hey, what's that ?

Thirteen Senses is a band I don't think you would like. They sound a bit like Coldplay (but better). Need to know more? ;)

Tom

funkster

Kind of blue by Miles davis - Nice

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Sat, 2009-01-03, 16:37:27
Kind of blue by Miles davis - Nice

Funny, i've heard about that one last week and it supposed to be a true classic.
Miles Davis, Louie Armstrong...ah those were the days.  :D

Iggy

Sieges Even - The art of navigating by the stars and Paramount
Angra - Angels Cry with the bonus of Holy Land.

Spending too much time at home but hooray for the internet.

funkster

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2009-01-03, 20:24:10
Funny, i've heard about that one last week and it supposed to be a true classic.
Miles Davis, Louie Armstrong...ah those were the days.  :D

Fine album it is mate - very groovy and chilled whihc is just what i needed.

Just fancied something different and it was only £4 so worth a punt.

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-01-04, 17:43:54
Angra - Angels Cry with the bonus of Holy Land.

So far I have only Rebirth. You seem to have gone off on an Angra (hopefully not angry) tangent, Iggy - understandably. Tell us what you find there  ;)

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-01-04, 17:43:54
... hooray for the internet.

It's essential for proggies. I wouldnt have come half as far in my exploration of prog without the Net, and I would have spent ten times as much time and money on lesser stuff.

So, absolutely, hooray for the Internet  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Just got Life on Mars Series 2 on Blu-Ray.  Having watched series 1 over Christmas I found I enjoyed it more than when I first saw it on TV.  I think this is partly due to not being obsessed with trying to work out the ending - I've settled down and looked at the detail more.  Amazing program *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

The Butterfly Man

Thanks to Paco and Nicky I just ordered:

- A.C.T - Silence  :)

Since I ordered it because of you guys, does that also mean that you're gonna pay for it? :P

Tom

Deenfan

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-01-04, 18:17:48
So far I have only Rebirth.

And that might just be the best they ever did. But, you might also enjoy the follow-up, 'cause it's harder and uglier, and more technical/proggy. What was the name of that album...?

Temple of shadows. That's it. Had to check. Very good, too.

The usual preference is "Holy land", which is probably the most unique album they released. Recommended. Technical, proggy, interesting, melodic. But not very very heavy, in a modern sense.

Iggy

Quote from: Deenfan on Mon, 2009-01-05, 23:21:07
And that might just be the best they ever did. But, you might also enjoy the follow-up, 'cause it's harder and uglier, and more technical/proggy. What was the name of that album...?

Temple of shadows. That's it. Had to check. Very good, too.

The usual preference is "Holy land", which is probably the most unique album they released. Recommended. Technical, proggy, interesting, melodic. But not very very heavy, in a modern sense.

Ah well Temple of Shadows it is next.

Received yesterday after a few weeks of waiting. Genesis Rewired by Various Artists - A tribute to the Lamb lies down on Broadway.

A fine effort indeed very enjoyable and recommended for those who like a different take on a classic album.

maddox

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2009-01-07, 21:15:22
Ah well Temple of Shadows it is next.

Received yesterday after a few weeks of waiting. Genesis Rewired by Various Artists - A tribute to the Lamb lies down on Broadway.

A fine effort indeed very enjoyable and recommended for those who like a different take on a classic album.

I agree. Nick D'virgilio did a great thing on this one.
Especially The Carpet Crawlers. Stunning.
Quite original how they changed some guitar or keyboards parts.

maddox

Okay, here goes nothing:

I've bought:

Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream CD/DVD. Already had the original but this one has a DVD attached to it and it was only €9.99.
PC Game X-Men Legends: Rise Of Apocalypse. Had to have it. Not a X-men fan for no reason and it was €3.99.  8)
Spiderman 3 DVD. Already had 1 and i also had prt 2. But because this 2disc set was, again, €3.99 i had to have it.

And...

Not only to please someone...

Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress and Holographic Universe.  ;D

And not because they were €3.99, because they weren't.  ;)