News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

In January i've made a promise to myself that i wouldn't buy so much cd's this year.

Thursday evening i made a list with what i've bought this year and to be quite frank...

I haven't fulfilled that promise.  :-\
It's an expensive year after all.  :-X
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

This is confusing, Mad:  would or would not ?

There's a difference, yaknow  ;D

Or at least your wife will know. Mine does  :D

Btw, does anyone here care about the new G N' R album ?  I don't, for one. In the Danish media, there are daily articles/commentaries about it. Man, people here simply don't know what's really going on in the world of rock/prog  :(

In thataway I wouldnt mind living in the States. Most people there are ignorent as well and listen to dumbassed music, but still, there's now quite a crowd of guys there that seek quality rock.

What's it like in your countries, guys ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

h9

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2008-11-22, 10:52:09
In January i've made a promise to myself that i would buy so much cd's this year.
I haven't fulfilled that promise.  :-\
It's an expensive year after all.  :-X

You can fulfill your promise in the last 2 months available. Maybe December is good month to buy up your list  ;)

maddox

Yep, my bad.

It of course should've been 'wouldn't'.  :-\

I've edit my previous post.  ;)

The Butterfly Man

Yesterday I bought Marillion - Happiness Is The Road, Deluxe Edition of course, at their gig (which was absolutely amazing by the way!). Now I will finally be able to listen to the new album in proper quality!

Today I bought Frost* - Experiments In Mass Appeal.

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

The Butterfly Man

On my birthday I got (only) one cd:

- Face Tomorrow - In The Dark

Face Tomorrow is a Dutch (Rotterdam based 8)) indie rock band. They began in 1997 and back then their music was often described as emo-core...which I don't really like. But the album they released in 2004, 'The Closer You Get' grabbed my attention. The 'emo' wasn't so much on the foreground as it used to be anymore and I really enjoyed the album. On 'In The Dark' they even added some proggy elements to their music, so that's even better! I think this is by far their best album.

If you wanna hear what they sound like you can visit www.myspace.com/facetomorrow. I'm sure some of you can enjoy them!

Tom

Steve Jones

Marillion - Pudding on the Ritz.

The traditional fan club Christmas CD has just this second dropped through the door along with the December magazine.  I haven't even got the shrinkwrap off yet! *horns* *horns* *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

The Butterfly Man

Yesterday I went to see Riverside in Amsterdam and I bought the following cd:

- Riverside - Reality Dream

This is a live album that is limited to 1000 copy's. I've got number 747! :)

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2008-12-11, 10:48:10
Yesterday I went to see Riverside in Amsterdam and I bought the following cd:

- Riverside - Reality Dream

This is a live album that is limited to 1000 copy's. I've got number 747! :)

Tom

:'(

*read my PM.

Steve Jones

Spooks series 3 on DVD purchased yesterday.  Great stuff - watched half of it already!
Regards, Steve Jones

The Butterfly Man

Teunis

'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2008-12-12, 12:23:48
You can watch the Riverside concert here, when the royalties have been arranged:

http://www.fabchannel.com/nl/riverside_concert/2008-12-10

Yeah I know. Looking forward to relive the gig again. It was great!

Tom

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2008-12-12, 12:23:48
You can watch the Riverside concert here, when the royalties have been arranged:

http://www.fabchannel.com/nl/riverside_concert/2008-12-10

Cool. Must remember that.  :)

I've just ordered the Rewiring Genesis cd, which is the project of Spock's singer and drummer Nick D'virgilio.
It's basically is a cover of Genesis old masterpiece The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.

Me curious!!  ;D

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-12-12, 17:24:07
Me curious!!  ;D

Me too!

I've just ordered the Rewiring Genesis cd, which is the project of Spock's singer and drummer Nick D'virgilio.

Me not... :(

It's on my wish list though, so if anyone wants to make me happy...? ;)

maddox

And....i just ordered the solo album of Steven Wilson.

We all know in which garden this kid plays.  ;D

Iggy

Cool. Must remember that.  :)

It's basically is a cover of Genesis old masterpiece The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.

Me curious!!  ;D

I saw N d V last night supporting IQ and he played a track.

he is one talented guy. I think I will buy the CD as well.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-12-14, 01:47:47
And....i just ordered the solo album of Steven Wilson.

We all know in which garden this kid plays.  ;D

Not in kindergarten, that's for sure!

Bupie

Since it's been a few weeks that I feel the need to revisit 70's classic and prog rock, I just ordered the remastered edition of Wishbone Ash's Argus.

It's another of those famous bands that I almost never listened to. I'll let you know if the experience is as rewarding as with Scorpions and UFO.

Of course, I would be pleased to have Steve's opinion on it since I am sure the man knows this album but I would be afraid to get a one word answer, e.g. "good" or "dated"

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2008-12-18, 17:01:23
but I would be afraid to get a one word answer, e.g. "good" or "dated"

You might just get a two word answer for your cheek!  ;) ;D ;)

Excellent band.  Excellent album - although I've only got the un-remastered version.  I saw 'The Ash' a lot in the 70s as they really were a top-flight live band, those twin leads really could make my hairs stand on end.  In fact, I don't think I ever saw them play a less than stunning set back then.  The band is still going, I believe, although I've not seen them since the 80s as far as I recall.

Fave albums for me are probably No Smoke Without Fire, New England, Just Testing and There's the Rub.  The latter has the mighty FUBB on it, so needs no further recommendation.  I was also rather fond of Live Dates 2 in vinyl days, but I've never managed to get it on CD :'(
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2008-12-14, 18:01:40
Not in kindergarten, that's for sure!

He's now crawled up the tree - but it's sure been a prickly climb  ;D

Wishbone Ash - yeah, another of those bands where I'v heard the name so many times, but honestly, I don't know what they sound like. Gotto check'm up asap.

See, that's also somethin we can share in the Room  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2008-12-18, 17:10:25
You might just get a two word answer for your cheek!  ;) ;D ;)

Excellent band.  Excellent album - although I've only got the un-remastered version.  I saw 'The Ash' a lot in the 70s as they really were a top-flight live band, those twin leads really could make my hairs stand on end.  In fact, I don't think I ever saw them play a less than stunning set back then.  The band is still going, I believe, although I've not seen them since the 80s as far as I recall.

Fave albums for me are probably No Smoke Without Fire, New England, Just Testing and There's the Rub.  The latter has the mighty FUBB on it, so needs no further recommendation

Thanks for this novel, Steve  :D  Are you on vacation to have so much time for typing ? ;D   Anyway, it makes me impatient to get the CD

QuoteI was also rather fond of Live Dates 2 in vinyl days, but I've never managed to get it on CD :'(

That's not surprising : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Dates_2

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-12-18, 18:04:16
Wishbone Ash - yeah, another of those bands where I'v heard the name so many times, but honestly, I don't know what they sound like. Gotto check'm up asap.

See, that's also somethin we can share in the Room  8)

I never doubt of that, Nicky  ;)

PH

Today I bought:

No-Man - Schoolyard Ghosts
Paatos - Silence Of Another Kind

Someone here who knows Paatos? ???

The No-Man album sounds really good! *horns*
Very moody and ambient and Porcupinish.

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2008-12-19, 15:59:34

Someone here who knows Paatos? ???

Yes, I do.

I have Kalochain somewhere but to be honest...nice for rainy evenings when there's nothing on tv and your last light bulb has just perished but other than that...

Not my cup of coffee.

Nicky007

Paxi hasnt yet turned his gaze down and checked .....  :P

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can