News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Sat, 2008-08-09, 23:27:05
I'm glad I started the re rip before all my purchases this year.  ;D

Yeah, it's stressing and sometimes distressing being a proggie - and the mistress(ing) has to wait  ;D or :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Iggy

My better half has seen the need for more boys toys hooray.

;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) *horns* *horns* *horns*

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2008-08-10, 19:37:35
My better half has seen the need for more boys toys hooray.
;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) *horns* *horns* *horns*

Good news indeed.  Is she available for hire?  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2008-08-03, 20:46:18
If you like Styx and haven't already got it, might I recommend Tommy Shaw's solo 'Ambition' ?  IMHO this is the greatest AOR album ever recorded.  *horns*  Might not be to everyone's taste, of course, but there's some exceptionally strong material on there - slays me everytime I hear it.  Quality.  8)

Yeah, Stevie, I like Pieces Of Eight, and I consider it a classic masterpiece. However, I don't think I need more Styx albums at the moment, and instead I'v added Ambition to my SL, on your recom. Thanks  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2008-08-10, 19:55:17
Good news indeed.  Is she available for hire?  ;)

Obviously your training techniques are inferior.    :o

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2008-08-10, 21:38:30
Obviously your training techniques are inferior.    :o

I have a nagging feeling you might be right.  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2008-08-10, 21:58:27
I have a nagging feeling you might be right.  ;)

However I may be in big trouble after that last comment.   :(

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2008-08-10, 22:17:49
However I may be in big trouble after that last comment.   :(

Ouch!  You don't mean the dreaded 'new earrings' scenario?  :o :o :o
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2008-08-10, 23:12:05
Ouch!  You don't mean the dreaded 'new earrings' scenario?  :o :o :o

And maybe shoes as well.   ;D ;D

Nicky007

Now what's goin on here  ???

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Alcatrazz - Disturbing the Peace.

Another one in the VRP (Vinyl Replacement Program) I was suprised to see Stevie Vai as the guitarist on this one.  Either I've forgotten the fact over the years (senior moments!) or I never knew it in the first place.  :-[
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2008-08-12, 11:42:02
... I was suprised to see Stevie Vai as the guitarist on this one ... 

Stevie, forget about what Steve Vai did before he went solo. His studio albums Fire Garden, The Ultra Zone, and "Real Illusions: Reflections" are masterpieces imm. There's also a lot of fine stuff on his other solo albums. He's not only one of the most exciting guitarists around, but also a great composer.

You (guys) can read my Amazon reviews of these three albums (+ a few other reviews) here:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A88MRQ0UXD16Y/ref=cm_pdp_reviews_see_all?ie=UTF8&sort%5Fby=MostRecentReview

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-08-12, 14:25:24
Stevie, forget about what Steve Vai did before he went solo.

No chance!  I've only just remembered it! ;D  At my age you learn to hold onto these thoughts and cherish them while they last.  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Just (pre)ordered the new Pendragon album from http://www.pendragon.mu/uk/files/store.htm

Top marks to Pendragon for allowing you to just order the thing without jumping through hoops.  I gave up trying to order the next Marillion as I can't remember what login/password/email I used for the last album, etc, etc.  Why make it difficult for people to give you money?  ::)
Regards, Steve Jones

erik

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2008-08-12, 18:02:48
Just (pre)ordered the new Pendragon album from http://www.pendragon.mu/uk/files/store.htm

Top marks to Pendragon for allowing you to just order the thing without jumping through hoops.  I gave up trying to order the next Marillion as I can't remember what login/password/email I used for the last album, etc, etc.  Why make it difficult for people to give you money?  ::)

Curious about the new Pendragon album, really liked Believe which was a new direction for them. The artwork for the new album hints at more change, very different!

Had the same with the Marillion preorder, but I sent them an email about it and got a prompt reply with the info needed, they really have a smooth running HQ and excellent service. *horns*
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Steve Jones

Quote from: erik on Tue, 2008-08-12, 19:29:40
Had the same with the Marillion preorder, but I sent them an email about it and got a prompt reply with the info needed, they really have a smooth running HQ and excellent service. *horns*

Fine as long as you have access to a working e-mail account, which I don't at the moment.  :o  It's not a matter that's without a solution, given time, but I certainly find Pendragon's system much more customer friendly. *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Steve Hackett - Defector (Remastered)
Steve Hackett - Cured (Remastered)

My latest dose of Amazon cheap deals.  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Steve, you definitely should start saving money for when you retire.  ;)
You might need it then. CD's won't bring the bread on the table.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2008-08-13, 21:06:47
Steve Hackett - Defector (Remastered)
Steve Hackett - Cured (Remastered)

My latest dose of Amazon cheap deals.  8)

I got Defector and Dark town.

Damn you and your bright ideas  ;D ;D ;D

Deenfan

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2008-08-12, 11:42:02
Alcatrazz - Disturbing the Peace.

Another one in the VRP (Vinyl Replacement Program) I was suprised to see Stevie Vai as the guitarist on this one.  Either I've forgotten the fact over the years (senior moments!) or I never knew it in the first place.  :-[

Either way, you need to feel ashamed of yourself. Steve Vai replacing Yngwie Malmsteen in Alcatrazz was probably the biggest source of heated debate and wild wonder once, as it would be. I remember Vai saying "There's no way I'm gonna compete with Yngwie on his own turf, so I knew from the start I would better do my own thing." And he did. I have never heard him play cooler than he did on this album.

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2008-08-13, 21:36:57
Steve, you definitely should start saving money for when you retire.  ;)
You might need it then. CD's won't bring the bread on the table.  ;D

Yes, mother.  ;) ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Quote from: Deenfan on Thu, 2008-08-14, 22:29:02
Either way, you need to feel ashamed of yourself.

Rest assured I am suitably chastened.  ;)

Still can't remember a f*****g thing about it, though! I've seen Vai many times over the years, solo, in bands and in G3 mode, yet Alcatrazz just doesn't register in a Vai sense.  Perhaps because I never saw them live, he says, desperately fumbling for an excuse that doesn't involve senile dementia.  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

funkster

My latest purchase was Legend by Bob Marley and the Wailers (for the 2nd time)

The most spiritual uplifting album i own  8)

Next on the agenda are the new Pendragon , maybe Marillion if i get round to it , It Bites , The Pineapple Thief and then awaiting the newies from IQ and Anathema.

I have given the old prog a miss for a few months so i am seuffering from withdrawl symptoms at the mo  ;) 

Nicky007

Quote from: Deenfan on Thu, 2008-08-14, 22:29:02
I have never heard him [Steve Vai] play cooler than he did on this album.

I havent listened much to Alcatrazz, but enough to know that it's pretty regular hard rock.

What Steve Vai has done from Passion And Warfare on is groundbreaking, not only guitarwise, but also compositionally, melodically, lyrically and musicianshipally (the last word I just made up).

Problem is:  Noone cares. Proggies have their routines too, a bit wider than other rockers, and hardly anybody is on the lookout for adventurous stuff like Steve Vai's.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-08-15, 11:23:44
I havent listened to much Alcatrazz, but enough to know that it's pretty regular hard rock.

It is.  However, there are an awful lot of trademark Vai licks and runs going on whilst the hard is being rocked.  More than one 'Bad Horsie' moment, for example.  Possibly a tad jazzier than when he was with DLR.
Regards, Steve Jones