News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Rush - Snakes & Arrows Live
Opeth - Watershed CD/DVD
Pre -ordered the DVD of Neal Morse (Sola Scriptura)
Pre-ordered both live CD and DVD of Sylvan's Posthumous Silence show.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-05-30, 18:57:39
Opeth - Watershed CD/DVD

Official release date in the UK is monday, and I note that the status of my order with Amazon has changed to 'dispatching soon' which is encouraging.  It's already available as an iTunes download, but I've managed to resist the temptation as the sound quality isn't as good.  48 hours to go for me... ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Opeth - Watershed.  I'm a bit disappointed to find the bonus tracks are on the DVD rather than the CD, but otherwise I'm looking forward to playing this later on.  And probably most of tomorrow, too!  *horns*

Dream Theater - Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York DVD.  I've been playing the triple live CD so much lately that I thought I'd treat myself to the DVD.  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2008-06-03, 21:44:23

Dream Theater - Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York DVD.  I've been playing the triple live CD so much lately that I thought I'd treat myself to the DVD.  8)

The bonus features on that one are soo  *horns* *horns* *horns*

Iggy

maddox

Demians - Building An Empire
The Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound

kmorse

Porcupine Tree - Nil Recurring
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
Dan Fogelberg's entire discography up through "The Innocent Age" (not prog, but a guilty pleasure of mine).
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

Bupie

I am very excited because, after many unsuccessful researches, I finally found a CD version of Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons' album Screaming Targets which I enjoyed a lot, hum, almost 30 years ago  :-X

Not prog at all but a very good australian light rock album with a reggae touch. I hope it will sound as good to my ears now that it did back then. Dont know if some the oldest roomies even heard of Jo Jo Zep  ???

Can't wait to receive it !

Steve Jones

The Young Ones Series 1 DVD
The Young Ones Series 2 DVD

Classic British comedy, high time I replaced my worn VHS copies, I thought...
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2008-06-05, 10:06:15
I am very excited because, after many unsuccessful researches, I finally found a CD version of Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons' album Screaming Targets which I enjoyed a lot, hum, almost 30 years ago  :-X

I was similarly impressed recently when Money's 'First Investment' eventually made it onto CD.  I loved that band and saw them loads of times, but they never managed to get anywhere  :(

Also, a couple of years back, all three albums by a 1970s band called Dirty Tricks appeared - much to my suprise.  Saw them supporting Budgie and also Streetwalkers - they made a lasting impression but I never thought I'd get replacements for my vinyl.  8)

Dont know if some the oldest roomies even heard of Jo Jo Zep  ???

The name seems to ring a vague bell, but I might be thinking of Jo Jo Gunne. :-[
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

Dont know if some of the oldest roomies even heard of Jo Jo Zep  ???

Nope Bups, never heard about him/her/them. I'v heard about Zep, heard them (again and again), and herded them (all official cd's and dvd's) onto my racks. But Jo Jo, no no  ;D

Thanks for commenting on'm, Bups  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Iggy

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-06-06, 11:58:55
Thanks for commenting on'm, Bups  :)

Well, I would lie if I told you they were the best band in the world but they had their moment ... that didn't last for long ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo_Jo_Zep

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2008-06-03, 22:17:58
The bonus features on that one are soo  *horns* *horns* *horns*

Yes indeed.  Awesome version of 'Change of Seasons', even better for being able to see them as well as hear them.  *horns*

I've just finished listening to the band commentary - really illuminating.  I'd not noticed most of the influences they mention, such as Genesis's 'Counting Out Time'  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Dream Theater - Images & Words Tokyo/5 Years in a Livetime double DVD.

I'm gradually plugging the gaps in my Dream Theater DVD library.  *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Joe Satriani - Dreaming #11
Joe Satriani - Engines of Creation
Joe Satriani - Live in SF DVD

More Amazon cheapies  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2008-06-07, 09:34:00
Dream Theater - Images & Words Tokyo/5 Years in a Livetime double DVD.

I watched 5 years in a Livetime with the audio comments from the band on and it was very funny and rather interesting. A very good idea IMHO. Well, of course, you won't hear JM much ...  ;D

Steve Jones

Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper.

It's about 10 years since their last new studio album, so I'm looking forward to giving this one a spin.  :)
Regards, Steve Jones

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2008-06-11, 19:43:19
Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper.

It's about 10 years since their last new studio album, so I'm looking forward to giving this one a spin.  :)

I hardly ever post my purchases in this thread but I always thought that I bought many cd's and dvd's......Until you joined the Room! :o

;D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Steve Jones

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2008-06-11, 19:55:31
I hardly ever post my purchases in this thread but I always thought that I bought many cd's and dvd's......Until you joined the Room!

LOL, yes!  I have been going a bit mad lately.  :-[  In my defence I think I should point out that I bought very little last year - be sure to mention this if you ever meet my other half  ;D

Also, I'm pretty fired up about music of late.  There's loads of good stuff around and lots of low price offers as well.  I spend around 4 hours a day travelling, plus am fortunate enough to be able to listen to my iPod at work as well, so I've got a bigger than ever urge to consume.  For the last year I've worked close to a railway station and, for the first time in my life, I've not needed to own/run a car.  The money is much better spent on music  8) 8)

BTW: you should post your purchases on here, I for one find it useful to get an idea of what's around as I don't buy any music mags these days.  Just read somewhere else that there's a new Judas Priest album coming out next week...

Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Stand by, Tom, incoming... ;D ;D

Caamora - She.  At last!  It's taken me a while to get around to ordering this one.
Magenta - Metamorphosis
Magenta - Another Time... Another Place...

The two Magenta items were an attractively-priced bundle at http://www.progrock.co.uk/ so I couldn't resist  :-[
Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2008-06-13, 09:49:56

The two Magenta items were an attractively-priced bundle at http://www.progrock.co.uk/ so I couldn't resist  :-[

Hope they will send you their free compilation CD which is very good, including Credo and Magenta songs amongst others.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2008-06-13, 15:03:55
Hope they will send you their free compilation CD which is very good, including Credo and Magenta songs amongst others.

Yes, I think I had that the first time I ordered from them.  A welcome treat.  :)
Regards, Steve Jones

Teunis

Just ordered two albums of the Polish band 'Satellite':
'A Street Between Sunrise and Sunset'
'Evening Games'
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)