News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2008-04-30, 02:14:37
Well, it depends on what you call "a little bookletty-thingy-jobby".

20 page bookletty-thingy-jobby, if you're a stickler for detail.  ;)

The lyrics are even printed large enough for twilight-years proggers to read...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

PH

Then I've been cheated...

Shit...

Steve Jones

Unfortunately it's one of those things, CDs tend to have more packaging when they're new.  Then it dwindles away to something minimal, before expanding again for the obligatory re-issue with extra tracks.

As I've had my Wall Street for some years now, I've fortunately got the more elaborate booklet.  But I often wonder how many other albums are missing bits that I don't even know about...
Regards, Steve Jones

gelert

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2008-05-01, 00:07:30
But I often wonder how many other albums are missing bits that I don't even know about...

Any financial offers on an ORIGINAL Genesis - Foxtrot with a 3+ hour version of Suppers Ready;D

OK - so the CD plays, but then gets stuck at "...human bacon..." !
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Steve Jones

Quote from: gelert on Thu, 2008-05-01, 20:55:44
a 3+ hour version of Suppers Ready?

3 hours? No thanks.  As a confirmed Flower Kings fan, I no longer buy short stuff.  ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Through the letterbox today:

Beardfish - 'Sleeping in Traffic Part One'
Ritual - 'The Hemulic Voluntary Band'
Regards, Steve Jones

gelert

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2008-05-01, 21:02:01
3 hours? No thanks.  As a confirmed Flower Kings fan, I no longer buy short stuff.  ;D

LMAOROF!  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

PH

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2008-05-01, 21:02:01

Hahahahahaha :D :D :D

Good one on the Hemulic Voluntary Band. It's an amazing album! The Epic is one of the best songs of 2007 in my book.

-Paco

Steve Jones

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2008-05-02, 00:01:26Good one on the Hemulic Voluntary Band. It's an amazing album!

Not arf.  It completely blew me away on first listen last night, so I dread to think how obsessive I'll be once I get to know it!  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Just dropped through the letterbox this morning (I'm working from home today, hurrah!).....

Mostly Autumn's new 'Glass Shadows'
Sieges Even's 'A Sense of Change'

The latter I ordered from Amazon Germany, as the UK arm seems to be increasingly useless.  If it's not Britney or Whitney then it's not in stock  >:(
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

A BIG experience is awaiting you, Steve, as ALL Sieges Even albums are pure genius.

How about using the stores connected to Amazon ?  I used them a lot with great benefit (before my credit card was cancelled a year ago).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-05-02, 12:04:38
A BIG experience is awaiting you, Steve, as ALL Sieges Even albums are pure genius.

Completely agree.  I'd got all their stuff apart from 'A Sense of Change' and 'Sophisticated' so was just plugging the last couple of holes in the collection.  8)

Personally I think they've really perfected their art in the last two albums - stunning stuff.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2008-05-02, 12:04:38
How about using the stores connected to Amazon ?  I used them a lot with great benefit (before my credit card was cancelled a year ago).

Pretty much what I normally do, it's just that amazon.de happened to be the link I clicked on this time around.  Oh, the joys of internet shopping.  In the old days, bankrupting yourself used to take a lot of dedication and hard work.  ;)

Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

A couple of movies:

A two disk SE version of Seven.
The Killing Fields
Dead Poets Society
Domestic Disturbance
Band Of Brothers steel-can.
Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow
Doinny Brasco

And.

Bassie en Adriaan.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

maddox

The one with 25 children songs on it. Covers of course.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2008-05-05, 21:44:23
The one with 25 children songs on it. Covers of course.  ;)

Liedjes uit grootmoeders tijd????

Ah man! I had hoped that you would say something like "De Plaaggeest" or "De huilende professor"...

Ah well, any Bassie en Adriaan is ok with me! ;D

-Paco

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2008-05-05, 20:22:39
A couple of movies:

Seven, The Killing Fields, and Dead Poets Society are great movies. The others, dunno.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Steve Jones

Def Leppard - 'Songs from the Sparkle Lounge'
RPWL - 'Trying to Kiss the Sun'
Ten - 'Return to Evermore'

Repeat until convinced: "Working from home today doesn't mean I can devote my attentions to these new arrivals"  ;D ;D ;D

Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2008-05-06, 10:11:10
Def Leppard - 'Songs from the Sparkle Lounge'
RPWL - 'Trying to Kiss the Sun'
Ten - 'Return to Evermore'

What do you think of the new Def Leppard album ? I am one of the few that really enjoyed X ?

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2008-05-06, 10:23:39
What do you think of the new Def Leppard album ? I am one of the few that really enjoyed X ?

I'm literally just about to take the shrink-wrap off the thing, so the jury is still out.  I do tend to like Def Leppard, though (even X!) so I'm not expecting to be disappointed.  First time I saw them was supporting Sammy Hagar (I think?) way back before they got anywhere.  They didn't have much material and so played Rocks Off several times.  Still enjoyed them, even though they looked about 12 years old  ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2008-05-06, 10:28:23
I'm literally just about to take the shrink-wrap off the thing, so the jury is still out.  I do tend to like Def Leppard, though (even X!) so I'm not expecting to be disappointed.  First time I saw them was supporting Sammy Hagar (I think?) way back before they got anywhere.  They didn't have much material and so played Rocks Off several times.  Still enjoyed them, even though they looked about 12 years old  ;D

Maybe they were actually 12 !  ;D

My first souvenir of them is the Photograph's video that I watched accidentally on French TV. Wow, what a riff, I thought ... Then I saw them live during the Pyromania Tour but the sound was really bad.

A great band IMHO with a few unforgettable songs like Bringin' on the Heartbreak. Let me know when you have given the new album a few spins  ;)

Deenfan

Steve Jones

Knight Area - Under a New Sign
RPWL - Stock
Satellite - Evening Games
Regards, Steve Jones

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2008-05-06, 10:55:24
A great band IMHO with a few unforgettable songs like Bringin' on the Heartbreak. Let me know when you have given the new album a few spins  ;)

Enjoyable.  Other than that, not much I can say that you can't work out for yourself, it's Def Leppard - it does what it says on the tin.  If you like Def Leppard, then you'll like 'Sparkle Lounge', if you don't then it probably won't change your mind.

A tad rockier than some Leppard CDs is about the only comment I think is worth making.  Fewer tracks that will surface in a couple of years on 'Now That's What I Call Power Ballads, Volume 69' and more that will appear on 'Now That's What I Call Music To Do Some Fast Driving To, Volume 69'  ;)

Regards, Steve Jones

Bupie

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2008-05-07, 21:07:12
Enjoyable.  Other than that, not much I can say that you can't work out for yourself, it's Def Leppard - it does what it says on the tin.  If you like Def Leppard, then you'll like 'Sparkle Lounge', if you don't then it probably won't change your mind.

A tad rockier than some Leppard CDs is about the only comment I think is worth making.  Fewer tracks that will surface in a couple of years on 'Now That's What I Call Power Ballads, Volume 69' and more that will appear on 'Now That's What I Call Music To Do Some Fast Driving To, Volume 69'  ;)

Thanks for the report, Steve  ;)