News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

Indeed, you must at least get the Arena live albums. They are very special and make me think even better of the band, as they are as good live as they are on an album. And the live music has it's own atmosphere.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Bupie

Finally offered to myself Enchant's Live at Last DVD.

And believe me, it's great : if there was not a lot of overdubbing, it is REALLY impressive because everything sounds almost perfect, especially Ted Leonard's voice.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6pjbZHX8HA

maddox

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2007-11-23, 10:33:43
Finally offered to myself Enchant's Live at Last DVD.

And believe me, it's great : if there was not a lot of overdubbing, it is REALLY impressive because everything sounds almost perfect, especially Ted Leonard's voice.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6pjbZHX8HA

Good choice, Bupie. Glad you like it.  :)

I personally think it's one of the best live albums i have.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

maddox

Time to order some stuff again:

David Gilmour - Remember That Night Live At The Royal Albert Hall DVD

Steve Vai - Visual Sound Theories DVD

8)

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2007-11-25, 19:40:39
Steve Vai - Visual Sound Theories DVD

Yeah, Mad, I'm also a big Vai fan, and I'm considering gettin this DVD. However, I'v read rather varied reviews of it. Tell me what you think about it (after you'v heard it)  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

I had a coupon for 7,50 euro, to spend in VanLeest... (because of my birthday)

Problem is that there isn't much interesting music in VanLeest... :(

But, I found a special "Vangelis - The Collection" 3-disc, so I bought it.
I'm not really a Vangelis fan, but why not experimenting a bit...?

In this collection there was the following full albums:
- Albedo 0.39
- Beaubourg
- Spiral

6,99 euros. ;D

I'm giving it a spin right now.

-Paco

Nicky007

I find Vangelis' solo stuff rather boring, but the four albums he did with Jon Anderson after their debut album are all great. Lots of melody, beautiful singing, and atmosphere.

Surely something for you, Paco  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Teunis

Yesterday I bought the 'Forever Live' DVD of IQ at the gig  *horns* 8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

bluepony

"The Simpsons" - The Movie (DVD)  ;D
(not for me, though - it's gonna be a Christmas present for my little brother)

bluepony

Oh, and "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" for my colleague (she's a huge HP fan...)

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2007-12-04, 21:20:06
Oh, and "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" for my colleague (she's a huge HP fan...)

Hmm, i wonder why i haven't bought that one too.  :-\

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2007-12-01, 19:49:16I find Vangelis' solo stuff rather boring, surely something for you, Paco  :)
Thanks Nick... ;)

I'm not really into Vangelis either, but some songs are pretty stunning! Spiral for example.

I ordered Satellite's Evening Games 5 months ago.
A few days ago I got an email that it was cancelled...
Oh yes...

So I bought The Universal Migrator 1&2 (special edition) via bol.com.
Hopefully it will be here tomorrow or the day after.
And then I'll just need Actual Fantasy and 01011001 to have the full Ayreon studio albums cataloge.
Then of course I'm going to get my hands on Ambeon and Star One. ;)

...And Satellite's Evening Games!!

-Paco

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2007-12-04, 21:46:44
Thanks Nick... ;)

I missed a bit of significant text between the comma and the s, Paco ....... but then again, I played the same trick on Bluey, so I guess it's tit for tat, since you and Bluey are two sides of the same ....... (I didnt say "monster")   ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

I'm now the proud owner of Universal Migrator Part I & II (Special Edition).

Playing it now. Some songs are clearly better than others...
I wonder how the second disc will be.

-Paco

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2007-12-06, 16:25:56
I'm now the proud owner of Universal Migrator Part I & II (Special Edition).
I wonder how the second disc will be.
Heavier than part I  :D. Anyway, great choice. My favourite song on part I is 'And the Druïds turn to stone'. Damian rules  8).
On part two the best Ayreon song ever: 'Dawn of a million souls', just great  *horns*
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Yeah "Dawn On A Million Souls" is brilliant.

Still I have trouble with some of Part I (Part II works better for me)

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2007-12-06, 19:46:54
Yeah "Dawn On A Million Souls" is brilliant.

Still I have trouble with some of Part I (Part II works better for me)

-Paco

And that's what i like about music interests. The way opinions differ is just great.  :)
Personally i'm more of a PT I type. There some amazing mellow songs on it, like 2084 and The Shooting Company. Brilliant stuff.

And i really agree with you there that Dawn Of A Millions Souls is amazing.  8)

PH

I also bought Satellite - Evening Games (with a Video Bonus...)
I'm really happy to finally put this in my listening profile as a real cd! ;)
It is really great music and if anyone hasn't heard it already: what are you doing on an Arena forum?
This music is absolutely fantastic and in the same "style" as Arena.

-Paco

PH

And now I also have:
Rebecca St. James - If I Had One Chance To Tell You Something (Special Edition)

And it's extremely good! :)

-Paco

funkster

I am back in a prog mood now  ;) so i ordered Rapid eye movement and Fear of a blank planet which should arrive tomorrow

Prog and roll

Contagion is next on the list by the way

Nicky007

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2008-01-03, 08:36:31
Contagion is next on the list by the way

??? Should be first, Funkster !

Contagion is Arena's best (imo) and one of the best albums eva  *horns*

Rapid Eye Movement is a masterpiece too. Lots going on in Riverside-world.

With PT I find that they havent evolved sufficiently. I have all their studios, and there's lots of beautiful atmosphere and melody, but all along the way it's been too much atmosphere and too little drama, too expansive music so to say. That of course makes them more accesible to the masses - and they have become one of the most popular prog groups - but less exciting to prog afficionados.

I know that Paco and other roomies will request my head on a tray for saying this, but it's my honest opinion, and I have God on my side  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-01-03, 11:27:23With PT I find that they havent evolved sufficiently. I have all their studios, and there's lots of beautiful atmosphere and melody, but all along the way it's been too much atmosphere and too little drama, too expansive music so to say. That of course makes them more accesible to the masses - and they have become one of the most popular prog groups - but less exciting to prog afficionados.
Well, they DID evolve. First they were quite the psychedelic band. Then they became really poppy, and then very rocky.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-01-03, 11:27:23I know that Paco and other roomies will request my head on a tray for saying this
Nah, each to their own. I really love this band, but to be honest, I don't have all their studio albums (although I want to!). And of course I can see their evolution, I can also see what you mean. Porcupine Tree has a very strict formula which is very recognisable.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-01-03, 11:27:23but it's my honest opinion, and I have God on my side  :D
Phew.... that's what the pope said in crusaders time... And we all know that that was truly the dark ages of christianity. Something we (christians) should feel guilty about. Let God decide which party He'll choose. I think He rather listens to Neal Morse, since Neal Morse listens to Him! :D

-Paco

bluepony

I wanted to pre-order the Caamora CD/DVD, but it seems all I did was confusing the guys at the record store... ah well... I'll get it, one way or another!

Nicky007

Bluey, I can recommend you to use Amazon, honestly - unless you've made it a sport to confuse guys  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Thanks for the recommendation, Nicky, but I thought it cannot hurt to bring Caamora to my record store's attention.  ;)