News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Click here to enter their site and hear some samples of their albums.

Mind's Eye is a Swedish band that i 'discovered' two years ago when i bought Walking On H20.Also a great album. It was a bargain so i couldn't resist and i don't regret it. The music is somewhat a mixture of several prog/metal/AOR ( :P) bands. A bit of Sylvan in it, some harder stuff like Queensryche during Op:Mindcrime I and a bit of Shadow Gallery.
Really amazing.  8)

This album is a concept* album, which i always like, and i'm sure it's a great album. The artwork is done by Mattias Norén by the way.

*About a hit man that at the end of his 'career' confesses to a priest all the things he has done, in search for absolution.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2007-10-30, 13:17:43
A bit of Sylvan in it, some harder stuff like Queensryche during Op:Mindcrime I and a bit of Shadow Gallery.
Really amazing.  8)

Sounds real promising, Maddox. I'll sure giv'm a run.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Opeth's The Roundhouse Tapes and i'm going to order the first ever live album of Neal Morse which will be filled with the entire Question Mark album + some tracks of One + some Spocks Beard/Transatlantic songs.  8)

Release date apparently is November 16th and details can be found here.  8)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2007-11-11, 17:23:41Opeth's The Roundhouse Tapes and i'm going to order the first ever live album of Neal Morse which will be filled with the entire Question Mark album + some tracks of One + some Spocks Beard/Transatlantic songs.  8)

Release date apparently is November 16th and details can be found here.  8)

Isn't that just the official bootleg? (talking about Neal by the way).

I think I've waited for too long and tomorrow I'll buy Fugazi and Clutching At Straws.
I mean, these albums are a must for a progger eh?

Tomorrow I'll tell you whether I actually did it or not.

-Paco

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2007-11-12, 21:36:35

I think I've waited for too long and tomorrow I'll buy Fugazi and Clutching At Straws.
I mean, these albums are a must for a progger eh?

Well, the answer is a big ... YES !!!  8)

erik

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2007-11-13, 09:12:42
Well, the answer is a big ... YES !!!  8)
No, Bupie, Paco wasn't talking about Yes, but about two Marillion albums! :P

Yep, Paco, definitely must haves, go get them indeed! Fugazi is a logical successor to Script, but with some harder edges (say Pride compared to Lions Cage). Clutching At Straws is also a classic.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Appelmoes??

I really don't like Fugazi and Script :o They are so different from Misplaced Childhood, which is one of the best albums ever made imo.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

erik

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2007-11-13, 12:37:28
I really don't like Fugazi and Script :o

:o But you do like Songs From The Lions Cage right? I.e. Script 2.0?

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2007-11-13, 12:37:28
They are so different from Misplaced Childhood, which is one of the best albums ever made imo.

Well if you want to buy only one Fish era Marillion album it should of course be Misplaced Childhood, no arguing about that. It's also one of the few flawless albums around.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

bluepony

Shoo... shooo! Off with you to a Marillion forum!!  ;)  ;D

erik

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2007-11-13, 13:23:10
Sorry Bluey, you're probably right, it's just that once you get met started on Marillion I just can't stop myself :P
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

erik

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2007-11-13, 13:23:10
Still, as Script features Mick it falls in the solo & side projects category and we're very much entitled to discuss it here in the forum ;D
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

bluepony

Quote from: erik on Tue, 2007-11-13, 13:49:38
Sorry Bluey, you're probably right, it's just that once you get met started on Marillion I just can't stop myself :P
Well... same here with Arena I guess...  :)

bluepony

Quote from: erik on Tue, 2007-11-13, 13:52:56
Still, as Script features Mick it falls in the solo & side projects category and we're very much entitled to discuss it here in the forum ;D
Sure - I was just kidding. After all, I'm the (uncrowned) Queen of off-topicness.  ;D

Bupie

Quote from: erik on Tue, 2007-11-13, 13:49:38

Well, I would be glad to discuss in a general topic about Marillion in the Other Bands section. An if I am lucky enough, I will be able to review a Fish show featuring the entire CaS album soon  ;D

PH

Today I bought Fugazi.
I wanted to buy Clutching At Straws too, but the remastered edition was gone already and I really want the 2CD version. But I will get it sometime.

-Paco

erik

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2007-11-13, 14:10:19
Sure - I was just kidding. After all, I'm the (uncrowned) Queen of off-topicness.  ;D
I know ;) But now you've got me confused, I thought you were a princess?

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2007-11-13, 15:32:52
Today I bought Fugazi.
I wanted to buy Clutching At Straws too, but the remastered edition was gone already and I really want the 2CD version. But I will get it sometime.
Yeah definitely go for the 2cd version, the bonus disc features very interesting demos of the Marillion album that might have been ("Seasons End with Fish on vocals and some Vigil stuff"). So what do you think of Fugazi? I just LOVE that killer intro of Emerald Lies, should add that in the great moments in music thread!

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2007-11-13, 14:42:43
Well, I would be glad to discuss in a general topic about Marillion in the Other Bands section.
Bupie, there is indeed such a thread in the poll section! And I believe there are other Marillion topics/threads. Let's revive them! Or am I going too far now, Bluey? ::)

Edit: whadda y'know, I actually did restrain myself in that thread :P
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

bluepony

Quote from: erik on Tue, 2007-11-13, 16:32:04
I know ;) But now you've got me confused, I thought you were a princess?
Well, that's up to Peter in the end - at the moment I'm still a 'prince'...  ;)

Bupie, there is indeed such a thread in the poll section! And I believe there are other Marillion topics/threads. Let's revive them! Or am I going too far now, Bluey? ::)
Nope, not at all - but I hope you don't mind me NOT discussing Marillion...

Bupie

Edit: whadda y'know, I actually did restrain myself in that thread :P

I should have remembered since I have participated in those threads. Elzheimer begins ...  :-X

I am going to try to reactivate them but please don't restrain yourself then  ;)

PH

Quote from: erik on Tue, 2007-11-13, 16:32:04So what do you think of Fugazi?

Now listening to it.
Sounds great!
The keyboards in the first song remind me very much of Arena indeed. Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't buy both albums at once, since this is very difficult music to get into.
Now I am forced to listen to the album. Otherwise I would say "ok, I'll first try the other one."

Or something...

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2007-11-13, 17:19:57
Now listening to it.
Sounds great!
The keyboards in the first song remind me very much of Arena indeed. Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't buy both albums at once, since this is very difficult music to get into.
Now I am forced to listen to the album. Otherwise I would say "ok, I'll first try the other one."

Or something...

-Paco

Assassins is awesome, PH. Probably the only reason why i got 'into' symphonic rock/prog.  *horns*

Peter

Now that you know Script and Fugazi, you definitely need to get or at least take a listen to "Real to Reel". It's those 2 albums combined, and performed in absolutely gorgeous live performances. Really really fantastic.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

Nah... I don't really feel the need for live albums. :)

Appelmoes??

I've bought Asrai - Pearls in Dirt, and it has a really cool case and great artwork. I love it when artists pay attention to such stuff :)

Also - Shadow Gallery - Prime Cuts. I figured this album would give me a good sense of their music, so I'm very curious to how it sounds.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-11-17, 13:22:10
Nah... I don't really feel the need for live albums. :)

Believe me, this one will make a difference.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Nicky007

And Live & Life is a very special treat too - particularly on the background of a full experience of Contagion, so get Contagion first, Paco, pretty good album, tellya, sounds better on CD than on harddisk :D ;D

The live version of The Spirit Carries On on Score is also breathtaking, whew  *horns*

Nicky.

So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me