News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Maybe i've mentioned it before but i pre-ordered both versions of Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos a while ago. Release date is June so it's getting closer.  ;D

Can't wait.  *horns*

*PS: a blatant attempt to raise my post count.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

maddox

Oh, by the way. I bought After Forever's After Forever (that sounds stupid  ::)) yesterday.

It rocks.  *horns*

maddox

I pre-ordered the first DVD from Swedish prog-metallers Andromeda called Playing Off The Board and i also ordered the new Kamelot, Ghost Opera.  *horns*

8)

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2007-05-26, 20:10:04
I pre-ordered the first DVD from Swedish prog-metallers Andromeda called Playing Off The Board 8)

Now I haven't seen this DVD, but I had a strange experience with Andromeda.  On the recom of Amazon reviewers, I bought the original Extension Of The Wish. This turned out to be a tremendous album, with lots of power, melody, imaginative riffs, interesting lyrics, even fine vocals, the latter usually being the weak spot with Scandinavian music (that's why they growl so much).

Being very excited about this album, I straightaway purchased the following three albums of Andromeda. They were unfortunately disappointing. (I've heard that from other people too.)

As I know some people who have personal relations with Andromeda, being a band of my fiancée's home town Malmö, I enquired about the group and music. It turns out that the first Extension was a very personal album of Johan Reinholdz, the amazing guitarist of Andromeda, being the result of many years of creativity, practice, and planning on his side, with excellent musicianship contributed by the others in the band.

Once the group got down to business, with managers, record companies, and everybody in the band wanting to contribute equally to both the composition, lyrics, and everything else, the excitement and creativity got planed out.

But let's keep our eyes open to them. They could very well come up again with a revenge.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Appelmoes??

I ordered the Hound of Baskervilles yesterday! Nolan & Wakeman with guitars of Lucassen, this must be a great album!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2007-05-28, 12:51:27
I ordered the Hound of Baskervilles yesterday! Nolan & Wakeman with guitars of Lucassen, this must be a great album!

It is.  8)

Appelmoes??

I was surprised they had it at Bol.com btw. I just decided to check and there it was 8)

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2007-05-28, 12:51:27

You will not be dissapointed, an excellent album and way better than Jabberwocky!

Last night I brought Solar - Dark Places.

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2007-05-28, 13:06:47
I was surprised they had it at Bol.com btw. I just decided to check and there it was 8)

Funny. I was searching for it two years ago and really couldn't find it at Bol.com. Than by chance i stumbled into nlstore.nl and found it immediately.  :D

I agree with John here. It's marvellous.  *horns*

PH

Appelmoes?? I can't believe you haven't got it already! :o
The Hound Of The Baskervilles is a must-buy for Arena-fans!

bellanova

John In Black, I also bought Solar-Dark Places on sunday. Also Skeletons in the Cupboard by Clive

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2007-05-29, 17:57:54
Appelmoes?? I can't believe you haven't got it already! :o
The Hound Of The Baskervilles is a must-buy for Arena-fans!
:-[ How about Ayreon-fans?

My drawings on MySpace

PH

johninblack

Quote from: bellanova on Tue, 2007-05-29, 18:51:43
John In Black, I also bought Solar-Dark Places on sunday. Also Skeletons in the Cupboard by Clive

So, what were your first impressions on Dark Places.

I thought it was superberb, I get the feeling that this could become an all time favourite!

PH

Dark Places is brilliant! *horns*
You remind me that I need to buy it! ;D

Today I bought:
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (2 disc version) (finally...)
Marillion - Anoraknophobia (finally, I love this album, couldn't find it anywhere)
Dream Theater - Train Of Thought (after playing the mp3s on my pc for years...)
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (Special Edition (after all) :D)

maddox

Yesterday i received three copies of the new Marillion single 'Thank You Whoever You Are'.  ;D

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2007-06-09, 14:37:20Yesterday i received three copies of the new Marillion single 'Thank You Whoever You Are'.  ;D

Why three? ???

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-06-09, 15:16:19
Why three? ???

It was a package of three singles. To promote the single, Marillion gave the listeners the opportunity to buy this for a cheaper price.
The last time i actually bought a cd single was quite some time ago. :D

funkster

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-06-09, 15:16:19
Why three? ???

To get it into the charts  :)

My most recent purchases are variations on a dream and little man by The Pineapple Thief

maddox

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2007-06-09, 15:19:37
It was a package of three singles. To promote the single, Marillion gave the listeners the opportunity to buy this for a cheaper price.
The last time i actually bought a cd single was quite some time ago. :D

By the way, i must add that all three singles are different.  ;)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2007-06-09, 15:22:16By the way, i must add that all three singles are different.  ;)

Ahh now I get it.

Well, send the singles to Radio 538, SkyRadio and all the other Dutch radiostations, I want something fresh in the ether.

Bupie

My last buy : Transatlantic Live in Europe 2 CD-2 DVD special edition boxset.

I consider it the ultimate luxury for a prog fan and this is freaking AWESOME  *horns*

By the way, I have never tried to get into the Flower Kings so far. Do they sound like Transatlantic a bit ? I ask the question because Transatlantic doesn't remind me neither of DT, Marillion or Spock's Beard (well, maybe Spock's Beard a little but I find Transatlantic much more inspired) so I am wondering whether the Flower Kings' music has more similarities with Transatlantic ?

Teunis

Currenty waiting for the IQ debut cd 'Tales From The Lush Attic', which I ordered last week. Some tracks of this album I only know from the awesome live DVD's of IQ, now it's time to hear the original tracks  *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

The third sunday of June is Father's Day here in Holland. So I bought a present already.
The present I'm gonna give him sunday is:
David Gilmour - On An Island

He will like this! And on his birthday which is in July I want to give him Dream Theater's Dark Side Of The Moon DVD. 8) I hope I can still find that DVD...

After that he has enough material to become an active progger again! :P

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2007-06-11, 16:57:45
The third sunday of June is Father's Day here in Holland. So I bought a present already.
The present I'm gonna give him sunday is:
David Gilmour - On An Island

He will like this! And on his birthday which is in July I want to give him Dream Theater's Dark Side Of The Moon DVD. 8) I hope I can still find that DVD...

After that he has enough material to become an active progger again! :P

Great. You're lucky to have such a dad, Paco (sorry) PH. I stopped long ago getting music for my parents, but if I did today, it would have to be something like Best Of Heintje (maybe a bit exag). ;D

Besides, Dave's solo albums are pearls. This guy's one of the real greaties of rock. He was recently voted by members of some big internet forum to be the best alltime guitarist, and one can't disagree much with that.

If you get hold of DT's Dark Side, then tell us where. It seems to have become a bit of a collecter's item.

If your dad can play bass or drums, or even bongo drums, tell him that he can join my coming old boys prog band Anera.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me