News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Deenfan

Millenium - Something bestofandunreleased...

PH

I couldn't resist and bought three more CD's today... :'(

Genesis - Calling All Stations for 8,99 euro.
Ray Wilson - Change (Special Edition) and
Ray Wilson - The Next Best Thing for 20,00 euro.
Ha! ;D

I hope I won't find myself buying any more stuff soon... :-[

maddox

Roger Waters - Ca Ira

I really have no idea what to expect...  :-\
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-08-07, 17:06:25
Roger Waters - Ca Ira

I have really no idea what to expect...  :-\

The single or double disc?
Please tell me as soon as you know how good/bad it is!
I might give this to my dad as a (belated) birthday-present!
(Or maybe Anthony Phillips latest album, or David Gilmour's.)

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2006-08-07, 17:30:31
The single or double disc?

The double english version.

QuotePlease tell me as soon as you know how good/bad it is!
I might give this to my dad as a (belated) birthday-present!
(Or maybe Anthony Phillips latest album, or David Gilmour's.)

Are you sure? It seems to be a classical album. It's got nothing to do with any of the previous works of Mr. Waters or Pink Floyd.

Read this review:

Quote from: amazon.com
I definitely enjoy classical music, and I do appreciate the opera genre, but I didn't own any classical operas on CD. Until now: I've just bought "Ça Ira" by former Pink Floyd bassist/composer Roger Waters. Like many other longtime Waters/Pink Floyd fans, I had known about Roger's "Ça Ira" project for some time. In the pipeline for 15 long years, it almost seemed as if "Ça Ira" would never see the light of day. But Roger has finally finished it and released it to the world, and, I must admit, it's a very impressive work. Basing his classical opera on an original libretto by Etienne & Nadine Roda-Gil, Waters' "Ça Ira" is the story of the French Revolution, with the opera metaphorically set inside a circus ring, complete with a ringmaster, clowns, and acrobats acting out the tale. To make a long review short, I'll just say this: I think the music is quite powerful, the libretto (in english) is very intriguing, and the vocal performances by such opera veterans as Bryn Terfel, Paul Groves and Ying Huang are all superb. I also like the various sound effects, such as guns & cannons being fired, dogs barking, and the falling of the guillotine, as they all add to the mood & atmosphere of the piece. And the sound quality is great, too."Ça Ira" may not be for everybody, as some of Roger's fans may have set their expectations of it too high. My advice to them is this: don't expect to hear "The Wall Part II," or anything "Floydian" for that matter. This is a *classical* opera, not a rock opera. There's no guitar solos, no rock elements whatsoever, and Roger doesn't sing on it, either. But Roger HAS done an incredible job here, and, after waiting 15 years for it, I'm just happy to finally hear "Ça Ira" at last. And it is very, very good stuff indeed. I hope I can see it performed on the live stage in the near future, too. I strongly recommend picking up Roger Waters' "Ça Ira"!

PH

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-08-07, 17:35:37The double english version.

Are you sure? It seems to be a classical album. It's got nothing to do with any of the previous works of Mr. Waters or Pink Floyd.

Read this review:

Quote from: amazon.comreview

Alright then. I can say that I wasn't sure indeed. But my dad likes Pink Floyd and since Roger Waters was a Pink Floyd member I thought this could be something he'd like. I have no idea what it is.
Have you heard it by yourself? Or did you buy it via internet and don't have it yet?

Appelmoes??

Dudes, get your quotes straigt... Well, at least the codes for it ;D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2006-08-07, 20:58:08
Alright then. I can say that I wasn't sure indeed. But my dad likes Pink Floyd and since Roger Waters was a Pink Floyd member I thought this could be something he'd like. I have no idea what it is.
Have you heard it by yourself? Or did you buy it via internet and don't have it yet?

I don't have it yet. I know he's been at this for almost 15 or 16 years and from what i heard he is really glad that it's finished. I already knew it was an opera but since i'm not really an opera fan, like some classical parts though like Bach for instance or Rosini, i'm a bit scarred for this, so to say. :-\

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2006-08-07, 21:07:14

It looks good, doesn't it?  :D

Appelmoes??

I felt like you were putting yourself in little boxes! Don't do that, other people do that enough with people how like our kind of music ;D

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2006-08-07, 21:07:14

:-[ I'm sorry... :'(
:( I've edited my post, I hope you're pleased now... :-\

I also don't really like operas, but I do like classical music too. My dad also likes classical music, don't know his view on operas though...
I'm sure I can listen to some samples somewhere.
But I think my dad likes David Gilmour more. (hehehe Gilmour more, hehehe) ahum.
It's a tie between David Gilmour and Antony Phillips then.
I think in the end I'll decide to chose good ol' Ant, but you never know.

We're slightly getting offtopic now.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2006-08-07, 21:23:25

But I think my dad likes David Gilmour more. (hehehe Gilmour more, hehehe) ahum.

;D

If you are refering to Gilmour's latest, be ready for a suprise. It's not bad, on the contrary, it is quite good, but it's also is an album which can make you really really easily fall to sleep.  :-\
Don't expect prog or something like that, it's a bit Floydish but in a really really slow way.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-08-07, 21:29:21;D

If you are refering to Gilmour's latest, be ready for a suprise. It's not bad, on the contrary, it is quite good, but it's also is an album which can make you really really easily fall to sleep.  :-\
Don't expect prog or something like that, it's a bit Floydish but in a really really slow way.

;D

I know! ;)
Sssshhh :o

maddox

maddox

Oops, i did it again ( ;D):

Forgot to mention that i also ordered both the DVD and CD of Score, the new (!) live thingy from Dream Theater.  8)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-08-07, 22:13:13
Oops, i did it again ( ;D):

Forgot to mention that i also ordered both the DVD and CD of Score, the new (!) live thingy from Dream Theater.  8)
Whoa!! Tell me all about it as soon as you have it! That way I'll know wether I want to have it or not... ;)

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

What moosey said.  :D

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2006-08-07, 22:17:09
Whoa!! Tell me all about it as soon as you have it! That way I'll know wether I want to have it or not... ;)

Check this. *horns*

maddox

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2006-08-11, 18:44:51
Bought today: SAW I + II

8)

Ah two movies which are filled with blood, sawn off heads, legs, arms (etc.), murder, cruelty and gore.
I hope you'll enjoy it...

Appelmoes??

I see limbs/organs every day at work, I don't need to see that stuff for entertainment :-\

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

While on holidays, the postman brought two cd's. So unfortunately I had to wait for two weeks to hear them:

Frost* - Milliontown
Steve Thorne - Emotional Creatures part one

Both albums are not absolutely a 'wowser' after two listenings, but they will definitely grow on me. I have heard some great tracks.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2006-08-11, 18:53:34
Ah two movies which are filled with blood, sawn off heads, legs, arms (etc.), murder, cruelty and gore.
I hope you'll enjoy it...

Sure i will.  :D

Nice relaxing movies for a Saturday evening.  *horns*

Quote from: AppelmoesI see limbs/organs every day at work, I don't need to see that stuff for entertainment  :-\

I can imagine that.  :-\

Deenfan

I could contribute to this thread, medically... but I'm gonna shut up, other than telling that I've got the RUSH 3xReplay thing lying on my desk here. Maybe I mentioned it already...? ::)

HelenDo

Recently bought Pendragon - Believe (re-mastered) and I'm liking it a lot  :D

Helenxxx