News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Fri, 2006-06-23, 12:45:39
I went to the SoP gig yesterday and I couldn't resist buying:

- Star One - Live On Earth
- Star One - Space Metal
- Stream Of Passion - Out In The Real World (single)

8)
Good choice! Do you have the Live On Earth cd or DVD?

Tomorrow the postman will deliver my 'Live in the Real World' DVD. Very curious!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Cyborg-Frask

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2006-06-23, 20:22:34
Good choice! Do you have the Live On Earth cd or DVD?
I bought the DVD but that one also contains 2  CD's....
Pretty good deal of you ask me...and also pretty cheap at that Stream Of Passion gig...I was kinda lucky to get it tho..they didn't have many copies left.

QuoteTomorrow the postman will deliver my 'Live in the Real World' DVD. Very curious!
wise decision  8) that DVD is really worth the money...(even if it was 100 times the money it costs now)

And what I bought today: Dream Theater - Octavarium  8)

JJ II

QuoteI went to the SoP gig yesterday and I couldn't resist buying:

Sorry, we didn't meet. I was there as well!!

Bought the SoP-DVD, watched it today.... great!!

Cyborg-Frask

QuoteSorry, we didn't meet. I was there as well!!

Ah what a shame...ah well....i'm sure there will be another opportunity....plenty more gigs to go to....
And i'm certainly going to Prog Passion 2 In "De Boerderij" ....hmmm maybe a huge meeting out there? any volunteers?  ;D ;D

Hmm a bit of topic there...oops

PH

Cool Frask that you've bought Dream Theater! It's a nice disc, especially the last track Octavarium is GRRRREAT!
And of course the others are cool too I think (I never listened to Star One, so I'm very curous now!).

Cyborg-Frask

QuoteCool Frask that you've bought Dream Theater! It's a nice disc, especially the last track Octavarium is GRRRREAT!
And of course the others are cool too I think (I never listened to Star One, so I'm very curous now!).
Indeed Octavarium is awesome...But about Star One...I discoverd something weird...On the CD Space Metal Disc two. That disk has 6 tracks on it, well at least according to the back of the CD cover it has...But when i put it in my computer...It has 7 tracks.....There is an extra track of 2:32 minutes....Does someone has discoverd this before? I'm sure that I ain't the first so ::)...who knows more about this?

Teunis

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Sun, 2006-06-25, 16:21:38
But about Star One...I discoverd something weird...On the CD Space Metal Disc two. That disk has 6 tracks on it, well at least according to the back of the CD cover it has...But when i put it in my computer...It has 7 tracks.....There is an extra track of 2:32 minutes....Does someone has discoverd this before? I'm sure that I ain't the first so ::)...who knows more about this?
That is a hidden track called 'Intergalactic Laxative'. A kind of joke from Arjen. It it a cover, don't know from which artist anymore.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Cyborg-Frask

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2006-06-25, 18:48:50
That is a hidden track called 'Intergalactic Laxative'. A kind of joke from Arjen. It it a cover, don't know from which artist anymore.
Aha now I know how to call that song  ;D Thanks....Hmm cool suprise...

JJ II

The Intergalactic Laxative  ;D
Words & Music by: Donovan Leitch - 1973
Performed by: Donovan
Album: Cosmic Wheels - 1973

willowroolz

Gosh, bought loads while I was on holiday, might've said some of these beforehand, I can't remember...

Opeth - Morningrise and Blackwater Park - marvellous (plus tickets to see them in November!)
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Roine Stolte - Wall Street Voodoo
The Flower Kings - Flower Power
Pineapple Thief - Variations on a Dream - superb!
Wolfmother - Wolfmother - rocks!
Tool - Aenima, Lateralus and 10,000 Days - stunning  :o
Threshold - Critical Mass and Hypothetical

Apologies if I've mentioned any of them before!  ;)

Oh, and Underworld Evolution on dvd - Kate Beckinsale in leather, 'nuff said  ;D

funkster

Quote from: willowroolz on Mon, 2006-06-26, 14:35:39
Gosh, bought loads while I was on holiday, might've said some of these beforehand, I can't remember...

[Oh, and Underworld Evolution on dvd - Kate Beckinsale in leather, 'nuff said  ;D

Perv  ;)

I have not bought anything for a month which is a record , excuse the pun , for me.

Got Out of myself by Riverside for father's day which is abso bloody amazing

Apart from that i just dont know what to but next ?

willowroolz

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2006-06-26, 21:18:10
Perv  ;)
Yeah, and...?  :D

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2006-06-26, 21:18:10Got Out of myself by Riverside for father's day which is abso bloody amazing

Apart from that i just dont know what to but next ?
If you haven't got Tool's 10,000 Days then you should be on your way to the shops before you finish reading this sentence  :D

Seriously, took me a few listens to get into it and now I can't stop listening. Tool and Opeth are my faves at the moment.

I'm glad you like Out of Myself8)

Cyborg-Frask

QuoteIf you haven't got Tool's 10,000 Days then you should be on your way to the shops before you finish reading this sentence
Whahahaha LOL :D

Yesterday I made my collection a little bit bigger (again...)

- Ayreon - Actual Fantasy (the origional, not the revisited version)
I was really lucky to find this one...It was the last one and in that shop they useally don't sell concept albums... YEAH!!!! 8)

- Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
What can you possibly say about this album....simply genius....

- Within Temptation - The Silent Force
Even my dad likes this....and YES that says a lot. Me and my dad always have other opinions about quite some things...such as cars and also quite some times about music...

maddox

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Sat, 2006-07-01, 16:54:44
[...]

- Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
What can you possibly say about this album....simply genius....

[...]

Nuff said.  8)

Recently (today that is) bought:

Presto Ballet - Peace Among The Ruins

Axamenta - Ever-Arch-I-Tech-Ture (with guest appearances of Daniell Gildenlow of Pain Of Salvation)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

willowroolz

A couple of Coheed & Cambria CDs - haven't heard them before but I saw a video of theirs on the Scuzz channel that intrigued me  :)

Cyborg-Frask

*ola* Smoke & Mirrors  *ola*

Do I have to say more?

PH

Frask my friend, you've made my day!
Amazingly brilliantly excelent choices!

How did you buy Smoke & Mirrors? Did you find it in a shop?
In that case we've got a lot to do when you come over here. I can't wait to see errr... you again (and your DVD's) :-X
O joy. ;D

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Sat, 2006-07-01, 16:54:44
- Ayreon - Actual Fantasy (the origional, not the revisited version)
I was really lucky to find this one...It was the last one and in that shop they useally don't sell concept albums... YEAH!!!! 8)
You could have ordered the revisited version from the Ayreon site. Imo it's quite a lot better!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Cyborg-Frask

QuoteIn that case we've got a lot to do when you come over here. I can't wait to see errr... you again (and your DVD's)  :-X
O joy. ;D
WHAHAHAHHAHA ROFL.....hehe good to know that some people can't wait to see my CD's me :P. But I hope we will be able to finish all the DVDs I think we have to skip sleeping (again) ::)

QuoteYou could have ordered the revisited version from the Ayreon site. Imo it's quite a lot better!
Hmm I did it a bit differend....I returned to that store 2 days later and guess what... they had a new load of CD's, including "Actual Fantasy revisited"

Ahh well...I do have both now ^_^ Now I can compare  ;) And that DVD that comes with the revisited version is always a good bonus...
pretty funny footage

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Tue, 2006-07-04, 17:15:47
Ahh well...I do have both now ^_^ Now I can compare  ;) And that DVD that comes with the revisited version is always a good bonus...
pretty funny footage
LOL. well it gives Arjen a little bit more money to keep up the good work ;D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D :D
Frask, you have a hole in your hand! ;)
But you also have an eye for good music. It's no shame to buy two the same CD's in a very short period of time. 8)
Take the DVD with you next week! Today I'm going to give "de Nootzaak"* a call for Smoke & Mirrors, I WANT IT!!! ;D

*an alternative music store in Amersfoort, The Netherlands.

By the way, I want to buy Frost - Milliontown in France so I'm checking the internet now for any prog stores around Grasse, Cannes, Nice etc. etc.
EDIT: Any help appreciated......  :( Man, this is difficult... There must be a way to find an alternative music store in Grass...

willowroolz

Cyborg-Frask

QuoteLOL. well it gives Arjen a little bit more money to keep up the good work  ;D
Yeah...I'm just supporting him  8) afther this i'm going to set up a support action..."Help Arjen to keep up the good work, giro 555"...I hope it's going to work  ::)

QuoteFrask, you have a hole in your hand! ;)
Indeed I do....and i'm going to fill that hole up with new albums :P.

QuoteBut you also have an eye for good music.
Hehehe  :D....you too ;D, actually it's thanks to you that I got into music :D without you I wouldn't even have heard of Arjen and I wouldn't even know the word "Prog" :D

So please 3 big hooray-s for our acid friend :D  *ola*

QuoteTake the DVD with you next week! Today I'm going to give "de Nootzaak"* a call for Smoke & Mirrors, I WANT IT!!!
Of course i'll take it with me... 8) Just make sure your DVD player is working and ready to go  ;)

Herben

It was Queensryche 2 cds Tribe I got that for 5 euro and Empire for 10 euro
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

PH

Hmm aparently I haven't posted here since my vacation...

So:

Ray Wilson
- Ray Wilson Live [15 euros]
- An Audience And Ray Wilson (Limited Live Acoustic Solo Album) [15 euros]

Stiltskin
- She [because I bought the other two Ray albums I got this one for free]

Frost*
- Milliontown [15 euros]

And I also ordered via Verglas' website:
- Nolan & Wakeman's The Hound Of The Baskervilles
- The Urbane's Neon
- Arena's Songs From The Lion's Cage
- Arena's Smoke & Mirrors (Limited Edition)

Can't wait! I already saw a little bit of Smoke & Mirrors because Cyborg-Frask already got it. And to be honest... About the other ones, I know what I'll get! ;) And it's awesome!