News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Thu, 2006-05-25, 11:03:13
Glad you like it :)
Do you have "X-Rayed" and "Aritificial Paradise", too?

No, i haven't. Beside your praises i read some good reviews about this album, so i decided to order it. (the fact that it was a bargain also helped a bit.  ;))
I really like concept albums, Neal Morse's Testimony for instance or DT's Scenes From A Memory to name a few, especially when it's dramatical and orchestrated, if you know what i mean, and when i first heard the album, i was blown away.

It's a powerfull, soulfull, but also sad story. This is good. This album deserve a place in my top 10 list of 2006. A high place.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

I bought Ayreon - The Human Equation Special Edition for Cyborg Frask today for only 10 euros! That's a bargain really!

So I bought one for myself too. ;D

maddox

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2006-05-26, 23:17:02
I bought Ayreon - The Human Equation Special Edition for Cyborg Frask today for only 10 euros! That's a bargain really!

So I bought one for myself too. ;D

That indeed is a bargain. With the DVD? If so, you've done CF a favour.  :)

Recently bought: Ehm, besides some groceries, i bought ehm...not much. Sylvan is the last.

Lets see...What shall i order next?  8)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2006-05-27, 10:46:21
That indeed is a bargain. With the DVD? If so, you've done CF a favour.  :)

Recently bought: Ehm, besides some groceries, i bought ehm...not much. Sylvan is the last.

Lets see...What shall i order next?  8)

It was the 2 CD's and a DVD release edition.
So that makes 4 CD's and two DVD's for only just 20 euros. The shopkeeper told me that InsideOut did that to a lot of CD's/DVD's lately. So be on the lookout! He said something about Paatos and Chroma Key, but I don't know them.

maddox

Paatos is easily described as 'folk-prog' (lets say, Clanned combined with a touch of Porcupine tree, which is sometimes nice, and Chroma Key is the band of Kevin Moore, who is also know as one of the two/three members of OSI. Just some background information.  ;)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2006-05-27, 11:20:03
Paatos is easily described as 'folk-prog' (lets say, Clanned combined with a touch of Porcupine tree

Aha, sounds good. I'll check it out!

Cyborg-Frask

QuoteI bought Ayreon - The Human Equation Special Edition for Cyborg Frask today for only 10 euros! That's a bargain really!

So I bought one for myself too.  ;D
Whahahaha cool that you bought one yourself too  8)

O YEAH  *horns* *horns* you better NOT forget to give it to me today.... or you there will be an 'accident' and you will end up in a coma :P

Hmm i'm already thinking about what to buy next ...

Ayreon - The Dream Sequencer
Ayreon - Into The electric Castle
Threshold - Subsurface
Ayreon - Day Eleven: Love (single)
Steam Of Passion - Out In The Real World (single)

Man i'm glad that i get some extra money from my work because the holidays start... :P

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Sat, 2006-05-27, 12:45:49

Hmm i'm already thinking about what to buy next ...

Ayreon - The Dream Sequencer
Ayreon - Into The electric Castle
Threshold - Subsurface
Ayreon - Day Eleven: Love (single)
Steam Of Passion - Out In The Real World (single)
I love posts like that!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

willowroolz

Tool - 10,000 Days
Opeth - Still Life and Damnation

mdread666

Communic - Conspiracy In Mind
Communic - Waves Of Visual Decay
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

Cyborg-Frask

QuoteI love posts like that!
Hehehe :D me too. But i also love it when i have enough money to make that post come true  :P

funkster

willowroolz

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2006-06-08, 20:01:19
Quite quite brilliant

Well I've really got into Ghost Reveries now (yes, even the growling) so I'm looking forward to hearing them. I'm following yours and Vambo's advice  ;D

Katatonia next  ;D

Teunis

Today I received the album Pendragon - The Window of Life. Though I had this album already, I bought it because it is my favourite album and it has been remastered now. And they put the mini album 'Fallen Dreams and Angels' on it, which I didn't have. Nearly 80 minutes of cool music  8).
Now I'm waiting for the Stream of Passion live DVD, which I have already ordered.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

johninblack

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2006-06-11, 00:25:41
I bought it because it is my favourite album and it has been remastered now.

So how much better is the remaster?

Teunis

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2006-06-11, 04:28:20
So how much better is the remaster?
Frankly speaking I don't hear so much difference. The bass is more present, which is cool. But the 'Falling Dreams and Angels' tracks are great, so it was worth every eurocent anyway  ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

johninblack

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2006-06-11, 14:26:34
Frankly speaking I don't hear so much difference. The bass is more present, which is cool. But the 'Falling Dreams and Angels' tracks are great, so it was worth every eurocent anyway  ;).

Thanks mate, might get it Saturday then.

maddox

PH

Peter

That's most probably
Mind's Eye - Walking on H2O,
which seems to be a great album, from what I've heard so far.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2006-06-17, 23:38:48
That's most probably
Mind's Eye - Walking on H2O,
which seems to be a great album, from what I've heard so far.

Indeed it is, Peter. Just bought it today and from what i heard, three times to be precise  ;), this is a great album.
I was a bit surprised to see it in the 'special offers-shelves' (it costed me 12.99 euri, not bad for a new release  8)) so that was a bargain, i'd say.

This is the first time i actually heard of them, it seems they're from Sweden,  so can't really say what their previous work sounds like and i'm not very good in compare bands so maybe it's better to hear for yourself what it's like.

Via their site you can download a full song from this album. You really should.  8)

PH

I'm listening to the soundclips on Mind's Eye now, sounds good! *horns*

Today I bought two more CD's...

Blackfield - Blackfield (including bonus disc with enhanced video track) (17,95 Euro)
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory (7,99 Euro)

Ahhh I can't wait to convert my dad with Blackfield (he already heard some songs and liked it!)

jeffMc

Just bought the 3 Shadowland CDs from Verglas. (Well Ring of Roses and Throught the Looking Glass. It said Mad as a Htter was out, but got mail from Mick saying they found another box, so now Mad as a hatter is on the way!) Good stuff

Cyborg-Frask

I went to the SoP gig yesterday and I couldn't resist buying:

- Star One - Live On Earth
- Star One - Space Metal
- Stream Of Passion - Out In The Real World (single)

8)